Social Justice Warriors Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu May 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Fife wrote:It's been kind of a rough day for some of you all. Here's something for a sensible chuckle.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ki ... mg00000004
I refuse to take on the additional guilt of not having gotten into Harry Potter until I was 35. But I’ll admit that despite the annoying J.K. Rowling vs. Native People scandal (that I doubt you heard anything about, but I followed because I’m Native), I got deeply sucked in last year. It was the depression and disgust surrounding Donald Trump’s election that sent me into a YA fantasy endurance run where I went so far as to purchase an armchair for my round-the-clock bedroom reading.
:lol:

Damn if she didn't try to hit every libtard trope in the book in the first paragraph.

:clap:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu May 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 11, 2018 12:49 pm

https://qz.com/441905/men-are-both-dumb ... han-women/

Up to the top 1%, boys and girls are nearly equal. But the higher into the tail you get, the bigger the differences emerge—and the boys dominate. In the 1980s, there were 13.5 boys for every girl in the top 0.01%, now there are only 3.8. The decline shows a large share of the gap was social conditioning, whether because of girls being told they could not be great at math or not being encouraged to take hard math classes. But a significant gap remains—some of if representing that we have further to go and some of it raising more uncomfortable questions about differences in innate ability.

Wish I could link to where I said this to Kath over five years ago....:hiding: :Snicker:

Grand scheme of things - a 0.01% difference is negligible...just means most Einsteins will be male...But, I get a warm fuzzy when I think how Feminazis will react to this....

My wife asked me to submit her DNA to the intelligence predicting app...I was stupid enough to do it [she scored lower than me]....so maybe my higher than average score was a mistake.....

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 11, 2018 12:54 pm

On a side note - anyone have advice for social engineering young girls to become STEMs? Just found out I have a daughter on the way 8-)

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri May 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Zlaxer wrote:On a side note - anyone have advice for social engineering young girls to become STEMs? Just found out I have a daughter on the way 8-)
Congrats! :dance:

Home school?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri May 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Congratulations!

I don't know about pushing STEM, since the male rational brain is more apt to enjoy working on something like that as opposed to the female emotional brain, but I am putting my daughter in BJJ and all the other sports ASAP so she is both tough and knows the demands and rewards of individual physical activity.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Zlaxer wrote:On a side note - anyone have advice for social engineering young girls to become STEMs? Just found out I have a daughter on the way 8-)
STEM toys - there are lots and lots of stem toys, now, not just stuff like Girders & Panels. Tons to choose from. I would have loved to have the roller coaster engineering kit as a kid.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 11, 2018 1:05 pm

California wrote:Congratulations!

I don't know about pushing STEM, since the male rational brain is more apt to enjoy working on something like that as opposed to the female emotional brain, but I am putting my daughter in BJJ and all the other sports ASAP so she is both tough and knows the demands and rewards of individual physical activity.

Thanks - I'm thinking of "girl" LEGOs, music lessons, video games, Equestrian lessons (Wife was a collegiate rider an in laws have horses)....what age should C lessons start? :twisted:

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Girl legos? When I was a kid, we just had legos. What makes them "girly?"

I would have not been happy if my legos were pink. blech.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Kath wrote:Girl legos? When I was a kid, we just had legos. What makes them "girly?"

I would have not been happy if my legos were pink. blech.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/DC-Super-Hero-Girls-Sets