Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

C-Mag

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:39 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:34 am
Tim Pool has become basically clickbait at this point. He has his business model and does what he needs in order to continue generating revenue for him and his business. I lost trust in him as some "outsider journalist" a while ago.
I don't disagree with that. My stand point is that with the globalists holding power of all the institutions, anyone who is speaking out against them is worthy of attention and supporting. If that means clicking, by all means click. Guys like Tim Pool are great, because they ease people toward taking the Red Pill.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:00 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tim Pool has become basically clickbait at this point. He has his business model and does what he needs in order to continue generating revenue for him and his business. I lost trust in him as some "outsider journalist" a while ago.
I agree; I can't listen to the guy for more than a few seconds. Same with Scott Adams; they've both become so wishy-washy it makes me angry, but that's all YouTube allows, wishy-washy non-information.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:03 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:00 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
I agree; I can't listen to the guy for more than a few seconds. Same with Scott Adams; they've both become so wishy-washy it makes me angry, but that's all YouTube allows, wishy-washy non-information.
Tim Pool is one of those people who you listen to and research later to see how right or wrong they really are.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:18 am

We are rather cynical old timers, who by our nature question the reality that is fed to us, we've been on this road for a long time. It's easy for us to point out where Tucker or Pool or whoever doesn't meet our standards or go soft on an issue.

IMO, we need to take allies where we can find them, and support them. There's clearly fakes, like Shapiro, I don't folks like Tucker and Pool are fakes, they are influencing people from platforms they are comfortable with, and come with rules. Sure Gab type open discussion is favorable from a Liberty standpoint, but it's not for everyone, only a minority will ever embrace the messy nature of full Liberty, even in speech.

It's very important we have a clear view of the battle field and don't die on a stupid hill just to proclaim ourselves right.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:23 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:18 am
We are rather cynical old timers, who by our nature question the reality that is fed to us, we've been on this road for a long time. It's easy for us to point out where Tucker or Pool or whoever doesn't meet our standards or go soft on an issue.

IMO, we need to take allies where we can find them, and support them. There's clearly fakes, like Shapiro, I don't folks like Tucker and Pool are fakes, they are influencing people from platforms they are comfortable with, and come with rules. Sure Gab type open discussion is favorable from a Liberty standpoint, but it's not for everyone, only a minority will ever embrace the messy nature of full Liberty, even in speech.

It's very important we have a clear view of the battle field and don't die on a stupid hill just to proclaim ourselves right.
We should take allies, but never take them at face value, if you find someone who agrees with you 100% of the time, make sure when they give you a hug, or a handshake that they aren't holding a knife in the hand you can't see.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:52 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:23 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:18 am

We should take allies, but never take them at face value, if you find someone who agrees with you 100% of the time, make sure when they give you a hug, or a handshake that they aren't holding a knife in the hand you can't see.
I can agree with that.
Ben Shapiro is a classic example. He's simply making money off a targeted audience. No loyalty or belief in a position. There are many others as well.
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:36 am

Danny Trejo, talking about his time in prison, said he has no enemies, only friends.
He followed up by saying you'd rather have the worst dogs as friends, rather than enemies.
Just his take on it.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:41 pm

Report: FROM INSTAPUNDIT READER, FARMER, AND AGRONOMIST BART HALL: “PSA for anyone who eats in the US or Canada. This year’s wheat harvest is shaping up as dreadful. Durum, used for pasta and bread flour, looks to be the worst in at least 60 years. Soft White Winter wheat, used for pastry flour, and Hard Red Winter [all-purpose] are facing the worst harvests since the 1988 drought. This is a good time to stock up and hoard, since the news is not widely known. Pasta keeps just about forever and a doubling in price is not inconceivable. Same with assorted flours if you bake at home, except flours should be stored in a freezer to prevent damage from Indian Meal Moth and other bugs. Bread also freezes quite well, and will do just fine for at least a year, probably two. Canola oil is also likely to see a price jump, as the crops across Alberta and Saskatchewan have also been clobbered. It also keeps well for years.”
PLATA O PLOMO

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:00 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:41 pm
Report: FROM INSTAPUNDIT READER, FARMER, AND AGRONOMIST BART HALL: “PSA for anyone who eats in the US or Canada. This year’s wheat harvest is shaping up as dreadful. Durum, used for pasta and bread flour, looks to be the worst in at least 60 years. Soft White Winter wheat, used for pastry flour, and Hard Red Winter [all-purpose] are facing the worst harvests since the 1988 drought. This is a good time to stock up and hoard, since the news is not widely known. Pasta keeps just about forever and a doubling in price is not inconceivable. Same with assorted flours if you bake at home, except flours should be stored in a freezer to prevent damage from Indian Meal Moth and other bugs. Bread also freezes quite well, and will do just fine for at least a year, probably two. Canola oil is also likely to see a price jump, as the crops across Alberta and Saskatchewan have also been clobbered. It also keeps well for years.”
The problem I have with this is even if it was a bad year, there is still likely to be plenty for everyone if people just cut back slightly, maybe use corn or rice instead, on how much they consume, but only if people do not panic buy it all first. Like last year, the biggest reason there was a shortage in toilet paper wasn't that there was too little toilet paper, it was people panic buying all of the toilet paper. If people just bought toilet paper at the normal rate there never would have been any issue.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:15 pm

Flour is cheap. Food is cheap: even if it tripled in price for basic foodstuffs, who cares? It’s everything else you have to watch out for.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change