International sports bar

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: International sports bar

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:00 pm

StCapps wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
C-Mag wrote:A friend of mine who watched it said it looked staged.

I've seen nothing, can't make a call. Any of you that saw it have an opinion ?
McGregor wasn't nearly as tricky as expected. He tried a couple of foot switches, but basically made points on his right jab until he tanked out.
His jab looked real nice, never seen him jab like that before, and to bust it out against Mayweather, damn that's impressive. Mayweather got old overnight but still won, taking advantage of Conor's not so great defense and gas tank. Floyd's defense looked like trash, he had to resort to being a pressure fighter to get the job done, which was shocking in and of itself. Conor won more rounds than I thought he would, and made exactly as long as I predicted, 10 rounds.

Huge moral victory for MacGregor.
I honestly thought it was going to go to decision. I'm glad that Mayweather decided to turn up the pressure instead of spending the whole fight slipping. I get the feeling that Floyd sort of tricked Conor into thinking he was doing better than he actually was by phoning in the first handful of rounds.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:01 pm

StCapps wrote:Floyd was turning his back and running at times, he looked shot in there. Thankfully he was only fighting Conor MacGregor. That was pretty entertaining, way more exciting than I thought it would be.
By the way Capps, I'm watching episode 1 of the Deuce. Its pretty good so far! Check that shit out when you have a chance bro. I want to see what you think. GoT season finale tomorrow!
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:06 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I honestly thought it was going to go to decision. I'm glad that Mayweather decided to turn up the pressure instead of spending the whole fight slipping.
He lost the rounds he tried to be overly defensive in, which is why he switched it up.
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I get the feeling that Floyd sort of tricked Conor into thinking he was doing better than he actually was by phoning in the first handful of rounds.
Indeed. Energy efficiency was the big key, and even if Conor was going to make it close, it was always going to be his undoing. He's never had the best cardio, and he slowed down right around when I expected him to, I was surprised he made it out of the ninth.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Props to StCapps for predicting the lack of film on McGregor played a role.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:04 am

Mayweather put worse hurt on women than he did on McGregor.
Now that he's retired from fighting in the ring, I bet he'll still be defending himself in court.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:02 pm

StCapps wrote:
C-Mag wrote:A friend of mine who watched it said it looked staged.

I've seen nothing, can't make a call. Any of you that saw it have an opinion ?
McGregor wasn't nearly as tricky as expected. He tried a couple of foot switches, but basically made points on his right jab until he tanked out.
His jab looked real nice, never seen him jab like that before, and to bust it out against Mayweather, damn that's impressive. Mayweather got old overnight but still won, taking advantage of Conor's not so great defense and gas tank. Floyd's defense looked like trash, he had to resort to being a pressure fighter to get the job done, which was shocking in and of itself. Conor won more rounds than I thought he would, and made exactly as long as I predicted, 10 rounds.

Its a moral victory for MMA as well because Conor did not look like the boxing amateur he is and we all know what would happen to Floyd in the Octagon
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:32 pm

California wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Its a moral victory for MMA as well because Conor did not look like the boxing amateur he is and we all know what would happen to Floyd in the Octagon

I would love to see these type of events be 2 part events. Boxing then the Octagon.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:03 pm

C-Mag wrote:
California wrote:
StCapps wrote: His jab looked real nice, never seen him jab like that before, and to bust it out against Mayweather, damn that's impressive. Mayweather got old overnight but still won, taking advantage of Conor's not so great defense and gas tank. Floyd's defense looked like trash, he had to resort to being a pressure fighter to get the job done, which was shocking in and of itself. Conor won more rounds than I thought he would, and made exactly as long as I predicted, 10 rounds.

I would love to see these type of events be 2 part events. Boxing then the Octagon.
On December 31, 2010, Nagashima took part in a "mixed rules" bout against judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu expert Shinya Aoki at Dynamite!! 2010, the annual New Year's Eve fight festival. One round was to be held under kickboxing rules and the other under mixed martial arts rules. A coin toss decided that the kickboxing round was to commence first.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:12 pm

StCapps wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
On December 31, 2010, Nagashima took part in a "mixed rules" bout against judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu expert Shinya Aoki at Dynamite!! 2010, the annual New Year's Eve fight festival. One round was to be held under kickboxing rules and the other under mixed martial arts rules. A coin toss decided that the kickboxing round was to commence first.

Pretty Cool

What did he break that guys jaw with the knee ?
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:13 pm

C-Mag wrote:
StCapps wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Pretty Cool

What did he break that guys jaw with the knee ?
Nah Aoki was fine, just knocked out is all. His pride was hurt the most, losing 4 seconds into the MMA round and never getting a chance to grapple. Of course that shit already happened in Japan, lulz, where else?
*yip*