Social Justice Warriors Thread

DBTrek

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by DBTrek » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Which is worse: telling kids there’s an invisible man in the sky who grants wishes, or how a penis works?
Depends on your profession.
For example - Priests have never been arrested for "telling kids there’s an invisible man in the sky who grants wishes".
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:31 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Kath wrote: PP profits from condom sales?

Yep. Sex education results in more pregnancies which results in more business for abortions and body parts. Which is why they go out of their way to push it.
You mean Abstinence only sex education results in more pregnancies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3194801/

Another study showed that sex education works everywhere except in the more religious and conservative states.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3433801/
In a longitudinal, unadjusted model, our findings provide evidence that increased sexuality education within school curricula is associated with lower adolescent birthrates (average sexuality education topics β=−0.61; P=.001). However, the effect of sexuality education disappeared when taking into consideration the demographic characteristics, religiosity, and abortion policies of the state (average sexuality education topics β=−0.12; P=.26). States with higher religiosity rankings and greater political conservatism had higher adolescent birthrates.
I wonder if the more conservative and religious states put a greater emphasis on "abstinence only education" with less focus on actual, you know, education.

Something to ponder.

Also bullshit. Confounded variables.

True, CDC data show that socially conservative Southern states (which tend to favor teaching abstinence) have higher teen birthrates than liberal Northeastern states. This is so even when white, black, and Hispanic girls are considered separately.

But an almost identical state-by-state variation existed in 1990, before abstinence programs were a factor. As the CDC report indicates, state variation in teen births is heavily affected by long-term socioeconomic and cultural differences. What’s more, a state’s teen birthrate can be strongly influenced by the teen abortion rate. States with permissive sex-ed policies tend to have substantially higher rates of teen abortion. For example, the CDC report lauds California, New York, and New Jersey for relatively low teen birthrates. But it isn’t because those states have low pregnancy rates, it’s because they lead the nation in promoting abortion among teenage girls.

Contrary to the breathless claims of Planned Parenthood, there is no evidence that states with liberal sex-ed policies have lower teen-pregnancy rates. In fact, the evidence suggests that, after adjusting for important racial differences among states, those with liberal sex-ed policies actually have higher rates of pregnancy for girls under 18.

Sex-ed programs promoted by Planned Parenthood and its allies in the Obama administration teach that it is okay for teens to have sex as long as they use a condom. Virtually no parents support this idea. Even teens tend to disagree with it. But Planned Parenthood’s message to teens is brutally simple: Hook up, have sex, but use that condom; if it doesn’t work out, we’ll fix things with a taxpayer-funded abortion.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/p ... or-rachel/

They don't count the abortions as part of the teen pregnancy rate either. States with sex-education policies that comport with PP's business interests have higher abortion rates too.

Contraception has a chance of failure, especially when children are using it, and I would hope we can all disagree with Planned Parenthood about children having sex. More kids have sex means more pregnancies. More child pregnancies means more business for Planned Parenthood.

Unless you liberals think this one particular business does sex education for children out of the kindness of their charitable, loving hearts. :whistle:

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:23 pm

That article says abstinence only education wasn't a factor in 1990 even though the AFLA act was passed in 1981, so that kind of blows the article's main argument right out of the water, along with their credibility.

In regards to the "abortions skewing birth rate results" argument, I was going to look at teen pregnancies to compare, but I'm actually having trouble finding pregnancy rates by state, as opposed to birth rates, because articles like this call it "Teen pregnancy rates" even though the states are ranked by live births of 15 to 18 year olds.

https://www.livescience.com/27417-teen- ... state.html
1. New Mexico - 93/1,000

2. Mississippi - 90/1,000

3. Texas - 85/1,000

4. Nevada - 84/1,000

5. Arkansas - 82/1,000

6. Arizona - 82/1,000

7. Delaware - 81/1,000

8. Louisiana - 80/1,000

9. Oklahoma - 80/1,000

10. Georgia - 78/1,000
So I don't think there's good evidence for your original claim that sex education causes pregnancy. I think at best you can say there's cultural and socioeconomic factors that may have more influence on things than sex education policies. But without a doubt, a culture where abortions are frowned upon and less used means more teens unlucky enough to get pregnant will be trapped into parenthood and likely poverty.

Also, I would be interested to see a no bullshit source for PP saying it's "okay"/encouraging teens to have sex. I don't consider informing teens on biology and risk management to be encouragement by the way.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Which is worse: telling kids there’s an invisible man in the sky who grants wishes, or how a penis works?
Quotable.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Quotable.
I'm sure. Put that on a bottle of bbq sauce. Like Earl Rays.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:48 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Quotable.
:lol: That horse is dead, stooge.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:18 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Depends on your profession.
For example - Priests have never been arrested for "telling kids there’s an invisible man in the sky who grants wishes".

:lol: :lol: :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:52 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Quotable.
:lol: That horse is dead, stooge.
Well I would hope so before you pour sauce on it and the eat the fucker. Unless where you planning to show a dead horse how a penis works? Someone had to take trech's place.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:32 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:36 am

Sorry, cupcake. Evolution says your kind is a dead end.