International sports bar

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: International sports bar

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:16 pm

California wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Correct me if Im wrong but McGregor did a lot better than people thought he would right? Nine and a half rounds is nothing to be ashamed about
You're 100% correct

McGregor was mad that they stopped the bout early. He just said he was tired and gets flowy when he's tired, he wanted to get KOd
Doubling over on the ropes and dropping your guard after a minute of not throwing anything is hardly 'flowy.'

But, McGregor killed it for 8 rounds against one of the greatest boxers of all time.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:18 pm

I saw a lot of changing during that fight. A lot of people hated each other, black against white, but people changed. Two guys killed each other in the ring, but it was better than 20 Million killing each other.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:38 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
California wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Correct me if Im wrong but McGregor did a lot better than people thought he would right? Nine and a half rounds is nothing to be ashamed about
You're 100% correct

McGregor was mad that they stopped the bout early. He just said he was tired and gets flowy when he's tired, he wanted to get KOd
Doubling over on the ropes and dropping your guard after a minute of not throwing anything is hardly 'flowy.'

But, McGregor killed it for 8 rounds against one of the greatest boxers of all time.
Oh yeah, I could see he was gassing hard. This was just what Conor said.

I think this is a win for MMA and a win for Conor in the long run
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:46 pm

California wrote:
You're 100% correct

I don't know anything about boxing, but I really enjoyed the fight. I was happy that it wasn't as one-sided as people told me it would be. A great way to spend a Saturday night!
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:49 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
C-Mag wrote:A friend of mine who watched it said it looked staged.

I've seen nothing, can't make a call. Any of you that saw it have an opinion ?
McGregor wasn't nearly as tricky as expected. He tried a couple of foot switches, but basically made points on his right jab until he tanked out.
His jab looked real nice, never seen him jab like that before, and to bust it out against Mayweather, damn that's impressive. Mayweather got old overnight but still won, taking advantage of Conor's not so great defense and gas tank. Floyd's defense looked like trash, he had to resort to being a pressure fighter to get the job done, which was shocking in and of itself. Conor won more rounds than I thought he would, and made exactly as long as I predicted, 10 rounds.

Huge moral victory for MacGregor.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:49 pm

C-Mag wrote:A friend of mine who watched it said it looked staged.

I've seen nothing, can't make a call. Any of you that saw it have an opinion ?
I enjoyed the fight, but I know nothing about boxing. It seems like the dudes were locked together a lot grappling and the ref kept breaking it up, but MGregor got some good hits in more than once. Floyd came back heavy at the very end!
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Floyd was turning his back and running at times, he looked shot in there. Thankfully he was only fighting Conor MacGregor. That was pretty entertaining, way more exciting than I thought it would be.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:56 pm

StCapps wrote:Floyd was turning his back and running at times, he looked shot in there. Thankfully he was only fighting Conor MacGregor.
I liked the fight! I was hoping the underdog would win. Irishman gave a hell of a try though!
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:57 pm

heydaralon wrote:I liked the fight! I was hoping the underdog would win. Irishman gave a hell of a try though!
I agree with all those sentiments. MacGregor acquitted himself quite well, he's got nothing to be ashamed of.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:59 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I liked the fight! I was hoping the underdog would win. Irishman gave a hell of a try though!
I agree with all those sentiments. MacGregor acquitted himself quite well, he's got nothing to be ashamed of.
Did you make any money off this fight? I'm guessing most people who bet put their dough on Mayweather.
Shikata ga nai