The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:finally got around to playing vitcoria 2. things seemed to be going alright until i had a little rebellion. then a bigger one. then a huge one. wasn't doing something right.
Perhaps it's due to a complete lack of social services :lol:

Sorry, that was an easy one.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:23 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:finally got around to playing vitcoria 2. things seemed to be going alright until i had a little rebellion. then a bigger one. then a huge one. wasn't doing something right.
Start the game as Norway (or Sweden, I can't remember), release Jan Mayen and play as them.

Bide your time, then release the bears.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:58 pm

started a second game, and did better, until the civil war came and all of my troops stopped moving.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:25 am

Stardew Valley is fun.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 am

adwinistrator wrote:Stardew Valley is fun.
I actually bought the soundtrack on iTunes, and listened to it at work a few times. It's very relaxing. :ugeek:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:36 am

Government reforms become available when gavel glows green in the politics box of the toolbar.

Before enacting any reform you feel like, you'll want to find out which ones your citizens are more angry about.

If you hover over the reform, you'll get a tooltip telling you how much of the upper house wants it, and how much of the population wants it.

You can also get a more detailed breakdown of the peasants reform rage via the "Movements" tab of the politics screen.

This way, you can see that suffrage reform should be your first political reform, otherwise there will likely be rebels.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:09 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:14 am

Boomers: The Game

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/0 ... e-trailer/
“You play an aging CEO, stranded in a world he no longer understands, with a company that’s now a relic of the past.

“Upon discovering that online shopping’s destroyed his retail margins, ride sharing killed his taxi business, and video rental stores… are no longer actually a thing… it becomes clear that keeping the company alive will require drastic measures. He’ll need to modernize the business! Unfortunately, the modernizations he chooses are exactly those comically egregious practices!”
This looks like it'll be a riot. :lol:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am

Omg... This game looks terrifying :lol:

Apparently, you play as a cat burgler that's trying to rob the WRONG house... (I'd rather play as the homeowner ;))

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:24 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Omg... This game looks terrifying :lol:

Apparently, you play as a cat burgler that's trying to rob the WRONG house... (I'd rather play as the homeowner ;))
Oh, you have no idea, the game learns from your gameplay style, so each time you break in and escape something new will come up to thwart your ability to do the same way again. No one game successfully will be played the same way twice, there will be a point in time where the game will best you. The question I have will be will you need to start over again or does this have the curse of being a "One Play" game.

In other words, once you finally can't beat it anymore... will there be other ways to play or is it start from scratch again?
#NotOneRedCent