Another School Shooting

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:45 pm

I don’t see a problem with it. If a member of the football team died, they’d have a moment of silence. If a member of chess club died, maybe they’d throw a bunch of chessboards in the river or something.

Just don’t go overboard and involve the government.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:46 pm

There's all kind of wannabe quasi military types in the USA, if you give this kid a military funeral, next thing you know people will be coming out of the word work demanding one for their quasi military loved ones, and so on and so forth, which will be ridiculous.

Not military, no military funeral, and unless the President himself orders otherwise, I would expect the military to hold that line, they say no to people all the time, they're not in the feelz business.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:50 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Just don’t go overboard and involve the government.
Exactly, but then it's not a military funeral, which is what the petition is demanding, do it yourself whatever you want to do, is your prerogative, demanding a military funeral tho, sorry, can't do that for you.

I mean, the petition is impertinent to the absurd, demanding Full Military Honours, which is a hard no to that, where I come from at least, these people are being ridiculous, they are demanding something, when they don't even know what it is.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:57 pm

I mean, it's not my army, so do what you want, but if these people got what they are demanding, old guard, caisson, riderless horse? There would be a huge backlash from the military, they would find out that it was an egregious breach of protocol to say the least, and the spectacle of the fake FMH funeral would be absurd, but whatever, it would be a good show I suppose.

If you give this kid FMH, you're burying him as if he was George S. Patton or something, and any politician who does that, is gonna be gripping the third rail, make no mistake.

Soon as they did that, the narrative would completely change, to how the hell does this kid get in the Pantheon with Patton, Eisenhower, and Kennedy?

All due respect to the kid, but FMH would be absurd, even if you served your whole life in the military and fought in several wars, you don't get FMH unless you're a full bird Colonel, if you handed it out to some JROTC cadet, people in the military would go fuckin' ballistic.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:01 am

DrYouth wrote:
Fife wrote:Image
Sure they do.

http://www.disarmthepolice.com/our-position.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... e6a95b3b1a
It's a strategy that seems to work surprisingly well for other countries: In Britain, Ireland, Norway, Iceland and New Zealand, officers are unarmed when they are on patrol. Police are only equipped with firearms in special circumstances.
Just saying they do... not saying they should.
Ans perhaps they should blame the police when others shoot as well since about 200.000 guns get stolen from LEOs every year. Those guns don't end up with law-abiding citizens.
http://www.governing.com/gov-data/stole ... -data.html

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:32 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I don’t see a problem with it. If a member of the football team died, they’d have a moment of silence. If a member of chess club died, maybe they’d throw a bunch of chessboards in the river or something.

No one gives a fuck what you think. You hated this kid and celebrate his death. You are the new coffin boner.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:36 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I mean, it's not my army, so do what you want, but if these people got what they are demanding, old guard, caisson, riderless horse? There would be a huge backlash from the military, they would find out that it was an egregious breach of protocol to say the least, and the spectacle of the fake FMH funeral would be absurd, but whatever, it would be a good show I suppose.

If you give this kid FMH, you're burying him as if he was George S. Patton or something, and any politician who does that, is gonna be gripping the third rail, make no mistake.

Soon as they did that, the narrative would completely change, to how the hell does this kid get in the Pantheon with Patton, Eisenhower, and Kennedy?

All due respect to the kid, but FMH would be absurd, even if you served your whole life in the military and fought in several wars, you don't get FMH unless you're a full bird Colonel, if you handed it out to some JROTC cadet, people in the military would go fuckin' ballistic.
See, you too are going overboard. This is a petition on WH website. No one listens to those things. Even the previous occupant who made it a point to listen to those things started ignoring them like 6 months in.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:07 am

I merely speak theoretically, to illustrate the absurdity of it, I would of course assume that General Mattis, while sympathizing with the plight of the family, would have to refuse such a demand.

Don't mind me, I'm old school, I lament the unseriousness of the public these days, their lack of martial bearing, churlishly demanding honours from the military which they have no understanding of.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:23 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I merely speak theoretically, to illustrate the absurdity of it, I would of course assume that General Mattis, while sympathizing with the plight of the family, would have to refuse such a demand.

Don't mind me, I'm old school, I lament the unseriousness of the public these days, their lack of martial bearing, churlishly demanding honours from the military which they have no understanding of.
General Mattis, you kidding? Let JROTC do what JROTC do.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:21 am

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I don’t see a problem with it. If a member of the football team died, they’d have a moment of silence. If a member of chess club died, maybe they’d throw a bunch of chessboards in the river or something.

No one gives a fuck what you think. You hated this kid and celebrate his death. You are the new coffin boner.
Lol wut
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0