The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

TheReal_ND

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 pm

de officiis wrote:

I own 2 of these, .357, one that's never been fired. Excellent revolvers--not very expensive, very reliable and easy to shoot, easy to dissemble and clean.

Ruger is a better brand than Taurus imo. I can't bring myself to take Tuarus seriously anymore though I had a hard on for their Judge once.

I take it your experience is good. I don't knock ruger plinkers one bit but I would prefer a S&W magnum revolver tbh

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed May 10, 2017 8:32 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
de officiis wrote:

I own 2 of these, .357, one that's never been fired. Excellent revolvers--not very expensive, very reliable and easy to shoot, easy to dissemble and clean.

Ruger is a better brand than Taurus imo. I can't bring myself to take Tuarus seriously anymore though I had a hard on for their Judge once.

I take it your experience is good. I don't knock ruger plinkers one bit but I would prefer a S&W magnum revolver tbh
Well, I think S&W has a brand cache that Ruger lacks. One of these guns was given to me as s gift & the other 1 I inherited. If I were going to buy a S&W I'd probably get a little K-22 revolver for target practice because I just think it's a good looking gun and wouldn't break your bank buying ammo.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolv ... story.html

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu May 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Wheel guns, I Love Em !

I most often carry a 1911 with me, but I've been thinking a lot over the last year or so about finding a good used old .357. Looks like you have some nice sidearms there DeO
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu May 11, 2017 5:26 pm

C-Mag wrote:Wheel guns, I Love Em !

I most often carry a 1911 with me, but I've been thinking a lot over the last year or so about finding a good used old .357. Looks like you have some nice sidearms there DeO
The top one is the virgin

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu May 11, 2017 5:27 pm

100% sexier in wood

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu May 11, 2017 6:10 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Ruger is a better brand than Taurus imo.
Somebody tolt me once that Ford was a better brand than Yugo. Iunno.

:drunk: :goteam:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu May 11, 2017 6:31 pm

I've simply never met anyone in real life or online that has anything good to say about them. The only people shilling them are gun mags. The price is right I guess but they are usually fugly and they don't have any real street cred as far as I know.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu May 11, 2017 8:46 pm

I'm not really a gun guy, but I've always thought the Steyr Aug was a badass looking gun.

Have any of you guys fired one? Would you consider it a solid weapon?
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu May 11, 2017 8:53 pm

I think it's meme tier. It's supposedly good as are all bull pups for some reason I don't understand but nobody is buying any. The only time I've heard of anyone buying any was a rich couple that was obsessed with prepping. They bought two and kept them and the (I think) different ammo under lock and key because just in case they don't have enough guns. That's really all I know about them. The AR is a better choice for defense imo.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu May 11, 2017 8:55 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I think it's meme tier. It's supposedly good as are all bull pups for some reason I don't understand but nobody is buying any. The only time I've heard of anyone buying any was a rich couple that was obsessed with prepping. They bought two and kept them and the (I think) different ammo under lock and key because just in case they don't have enough guns. That's really all I know about them. The AR is a better choice for defense imo.
I used to always pick it on counter strike source, but I don't know anyone who owns one. It is a cool looking gun though,
Shikata ga nai