Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:34 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:

I think that because of the genocide perpetrated by Protestants in most kingdoms where it happened. It took a really long time for Protestants to settle down. You were indoctrinated and acculturated in a Protestant nation, so it's difficult for your to see it.

An Islamic "Reformation" would be worse than ISIS.
No, I see it.

ISIS is already almost totally analogous to the Protestant reformation in a lot of ways. I am saying that Muslims can push on through to the settle-the-fuck-down enlightenment phase quickly if they are inclined, since the world is already set to embrace it, having already gone through the whole process. The 40 thesis posted look more like enlightenment values than Luther's thesis.

Nobody needs an Islamic reformation, they need an Islamic enlightenment.

Islam is it's own thing. Islam is capable of becoming it's own civilization with it's own cultural forms and mode of existence, totally different from our own. This is why I do not think Muslims belong in the West in any large demographics, and vice versa. We are two different civilizations of people with completely and antithetical ways of living and value systems.

What this guy is doing is sad to me. He is so mixed up and he cannot reconcile his identity as a Muslim with his identity as a German. I might not like Islam, but I I am not a fan of this deracinated confusion. People losing their identities is historically a dangerous time.

This guy is basically Islam's version of our dingbat women wearing pussy hats and submitting to Allah in a Muslim prayer led by a jihadi.
Maybe, but I have seen you complain about the enlightenment as well. Muslims can become humanists who treat their religion like humanist Jews or Christians easy enough.

It seems like this fellow has reconciled his identity as a German and a Muslim just fine. You just don't understand how because you view them as mutually exclusive.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:36 am

The Enlightenment is the reason Europe is dying and becoming overrun with Arabs and Africans. Muslims will kill any of their own who try to propogate that mistake.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:41 am

One could make the case that the Enlightenment is also where we get individual rights, and property rights, which have been pretty good for Europe, and can be pretty good for Muslims as well.

Killing apostates ain't a uniquely Muslim phenomenon. Fortunately for the Muslims who want to embrace the Enlightenment and humanism, they have a place to go with a culture that is based in Enlightenment values.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:06 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:One could make the case that the Enlightenment is also where we get individual rights, and property rights, which have been pretty good for Europe, and can be pretty good for Muslims as well.

Killing apostates ain't a uniquely Muslim phenomenon. Fortunately for the Muslims who want to embrace the Enlightenment and humanism, they have a place to go with a culture that is based in Enlightenment values.

I wouldn't even go that far, honestly. All of that stuff was being discussed by the original Catholic humanists. I think the entire propaganda narrative of the Enlightenment is mostly bullshit, obviously. Most of the good things they claim as their own product were happening regardless of them and their project, while they conveniently ignore all the horrific shit that happened as a direct result (and continues to this day).

If a bunch of Muslims converted to "Enlightenment", which today just means SJW/Progressive/Marxist/Shit stain, we'd just have more shit stains bitching and causing problems. I'd rather have Muslims than those people, honestly. In a lot of ways, the degeneracy is worse than the occasional violent outbursts of Islam.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:One could make the case that the Enlightenment is also where we get individual rights, and property rights, which have been pretty good for Europe, and can be pretty good for Muslims as well.

I wouldn't even go that far, honestly. All of that stuff was being discussed by the original Catholic humanists. I think the entire propaganda narrative of the Enlightenment is mostly bullshit, obviously. Most of the good things they claim as their own product were happening regardless of them and their project, while they conveniently ignore all the horrific shit that happened as a direct result (and continues to this day).

If a bunch of Muslims converted to "Enlightenment", which today just means SJW/Progressive/Marxist/Shit stain, we'd just have more shit stains bitching and causing problems. I'd rather have Muslims than those people, honestly. In a lot of ways, the degeneracy is worse than the occasional violent outbursts of Islam.
I think you are right about the original Catholic humanists (Thomas More is one of the clearest thinkers on rights at the time, and he sure as shit weren't a reformer), but it was the reformation that cracked open the centralized control of Rome, eventually allowing enlightenment thinkers to access all of that juicy shit and start to really embrace humanism. I don't think that the enlightenment is a Protestant phenomenon. It is a phenomenon of decentralized control. The encyclopédistes were pretty explicate in their dislike of Rome...something that wouldn't have been possible in earlier epochs. That is what led to the focus on the individuals rights and property rights with a vigor never dreamed of by the Scholastics.

I doubt we are going to agree on this though, you miserable Papist. :twisted:

It is unfortunate that enlightenment values are attached to contemporary American progressives/SJWs in people's minds. I don't think it is at all true.

/shrug
HAIL!

-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Shooting in Sweden
Trelleborg Market - several casualties
https://twitter.com/ANTI_ALP/status/918 ... injured%2F
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:24 pm

C-Mag wrote:Shooting in Sweden
Trelleborg Market - several casualties
https://twitter.com/ANTI_ALP/status/918 ... injured%2F
Doesn’t Sweden has tough gun laws? I thought this wasn’t possible there?
#NotOneRedCent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Four. Sweden was the safest country in the world not too long ago. I guess that's why they chose to go ahead with the social expirament of multi-culturalism and prove that it can work if done correctly. They didn't deserve this shit.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Nukedog wrote:Four. Sweden was the safest country in the world not too long ago. I guess that's why they chose to go ahead with the social expirament of multi-culturalism and prove that it can work if done correctly. They didn't deserve this shit.
Actually they do. Multi-culuralisim doesn’t work.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Sebastian Kurz elected in Austria. What's the take on this in Europe ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience