The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:36 pm

Just watched this on Netflix. Very good stuff, and a great perspective on the medium as a whole.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3214002/

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:57 pm

So, is anyone else playing Banished? It's a fun game to get into but also a bit hard. Another thing is that I do wish that my people can move out of the Middle Ages and advance to the modern world or something:

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:01 pm

I've been only interested in car games really.

Also I have to watch the violence because my son is only 6 and i don't even really play when he's not around

I want to get that Forza Horizons where its open-world
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:43 pm

I'm trolling through Craigslist trying to find a 3ds or 2ds to buy on the cheap. I want to play Dragon Ball Fusions, because I am giant nerd.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Penner wrote:So, is anyone else playing Banished? It's a fun game to get into but also a bit hard. Another thing is that I do wish that my people can move out of the Middle Ages and advance to the modern world or something:

I'm a fan of that one, but until you get over the learning curve, it's like Oregon Trail. Everybody eventually starves and dies.

It's funny, but even knowing the game pretty well, there's a clear boom/bust cycle to it that's almost inescapable. Very well made simulator of frontier survival.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:53 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:So, is anyone else playing Banished? It's a fun game to get into but also a bit hard. Another thing is that I do wish that my people can move out of the Middle Ages and advance to the modern world or something:

I'm a fan of that one, but until you get over the learning curve, it's like Oregon Trail. Everybody eventually starves and dies.

It's funny, but even knowing the game pretty well, there's a clear boom/bust cycle to it that's almost inescapable. Very well made simulator of frontier survival.
All of my villages have suffered times of famine and freezing to death. Although, I always played with disasters on I have yet to encounter a disaster (that isn't everyone starving and/or freezing to death) so like are their floods? I do know that fire is possible and I always try to have my village have a well but honestly how often can they happen?

Also, it's a bit interest in that I have to micromanage everything. At times I feel like my little people are just soo dumb and won't do anything automatically even if I have spent 10 years on them.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:13 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Lol

My wife is a Librarian and this Spring for a change of pace she had the kids play Oregon Trail. She got some free old DOS version, no mouse, only number selections. The Kids absolutely Loved it. They were really into it, making choices on supplies, routes, hunting or travelling......... you know the game

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Why would you want to advance past the Middle Ages ? The Modern will on bring Carbon Pollution and Climate Change :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:angelic-blueglow:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:09 pm

C-Mag wrote:

Why would you want to advance past the Middle Ages ? The Modern will on bring Carbon Pollution and Climate Change :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:angelic-blueglow:
And if you think 70's Pittsburgh water was brown wait till you get to the middle ages. Brown with a side of cholera.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Lol

My wife is a Librarian and this Spring for a change of pace she had the kids play Oregon Trail. She got some free old DOS version, no mouse, only number selections. The Kids absolutely Loved it. They were really into it, making choices on supplies, routes, hunting or travelling......... you know the game

:lol: so much Dysentery.... Dysentery everywhere....

Formerly GrumpyCatFace