NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:15 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Guigere was all Neidermayer and Pronger, Niemi and Crawford was all Keith and Seabrook, Thomas was all Chara and Seidenberg, take those top D-parings away, and none of those goalies can stop a beachball.
Neidermeyer and Pronger, Keith and Seabrook. That's defense, not wunderwaffen. I said Defense was more important than them too. Goalie, Defense, Depth > Wunderwaffen
Niedermayer, Pronger, Kieth, and Seabrook, are not Wunderwaffen? Stupidest thing you've ever said, hands down.

Those are the stars, who win you the Cup, top two centres, top D-paring, that's a Cup winner in a nutshell.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Niedermayer, Pronger, Kieth, and Seabrook, are not Wunderwaffen? Stupidest thing you've ever said, hands down.
Wunderwaffen are star forwards. Defense are star defenders, Depth are depth forwards and depth defensemen, Goalies are Goalies.

Goalies > Star Defense > Depth > Star Forwards
Last edited by StCapps on Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Niedermayer, Pronger, Kieth, and Seabrook, are not Wunderwaffen? Stupidest thing you've ever said, hands down.
Wunderwaffen are star forwards. Niedermayer, Pronger, Keith and Seabrook are defensemen specialize in preventing scoring. They are the opposite of wunderwaffen, just because they can score too doesn't make them wunderwaffen.
You know nothing about hockey, even the Americans know more than you, you're an embarrassment to Canada.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:You know nothing about hockey, even the Americans know more than you, you're an embarrassment to Canada.
You made up a term to include all the best players on the team who aren't goalies. You are cheating. Wunderwaffen only refers to star forwards, or it means nothing. Stop trying to expand it to mean anyone who isn't a depth player, it makes no sense to combine the best offensive and defensive players into one category, hence why I don't do that.

You're misuse of the term wunderwaffen is the problem here, not my lack of hockey knowledge, you are arguing past me, of course if your team is super talented on both offense and defense they don't need great goaltending to win the cup, you are missing the point.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon May 01, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon May 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Wunderwaffen are star forwards. Niedermayer, Pronger, Keith and Seabrook are defensemen specialize in preventing scoring. They are the opposite of wunderwaffen, just because they can score too doesn't make them wunderwaffen.
You know nothing about hockey, even the Americans know more than you, you're an embarrassment to Canada.
:shock:
:lol: :lol:
:flags-canada:
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:33 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:You know nothing about hockey, even the Americans know more than you, you're an embarrassment to Canada.
You made up a term to include all the best players on the team who aren't goalies. You are cheating. Wunderwaffen only refers to star forwards, or it means nothing. Stop trying to expand it to mean anyone who isn't a depth player, it makes no sense to combine the best offensive and defensive players into one category, hence why I don't do that.
Wunderwaffen can be any position, Carey Price is a Wunderwaffen, pretty sure Erik Karlsson is a Wunderwaffen too, perhaps Strawman Smitty cares about what you say, but the real Smitty now knows that you nothing about hockey, I mean, obviously, after you went and called Neidermayer, Pronger, Keith, and Seabrook; "depth"
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 01, 2017 1:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Wunderwaffen can be any position, Carey Price is a Wunderwaffen, pretty sure Erik Karlsson is a Wunderwaffen too, perhaps Strawman Smitty cares about what you say, but the real Smitty now knows that you nothing about hockey, I mean, obviously, after you went and called Neidermayer, Pronger, Keith, and Seabrook; "depth"
I called them defenseman. If Wunderwaffen can even be a goalie the term means nothing. Of course all the best players at every position are more important than the depth players, like I said you arguing past me and it's you who knows nothing.

If you aren't separating offense, from defense, from goaltending, then the way you use the wunderwaffen term is stupid.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon May 01, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:41 pm

The best player to ever play the game, the Ultimate Wunderwaffen, was a Defenceman, offence comes from the defence, I would even submit, the best player in the game right now, is arguably a defenceman too, Karlsson > Crosby. Closest thing there is now, to Robert Gordon Orr.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The best player to ever play the game, the Ultimate Wunderwaffen, was a Defenceman, offence comes from the defence, I would even submit, the best player in the game right now, is arguably a defenceman too, Karlsson > Crosby. Closest thing there is now, to Robert Gordon Orr.
Of course all the best players at any position the team has are more important than depth players. I never argued otherwise. I argued that it makes for better analysis to separate Forwards from Defensemen, Goalies from Forwards, and Defensemen from Goalies, because lumping all the best players at all positions, into one super group is pretty meaningless. Fuck your wunderwaffen, all it does is muddy your analysis for what it takes to actually win in the playoffs.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:53 pm

The Superweapon can be at any position, the Superweapon can be a goalie, but in this day and age of no obstruction allowed, the Superweapon Goalie is no longer the center of gravity it once was, you don't need a Roy, or a Brodeur, or a Hasek, or a Price, you can get away with adequate goaltending, so long as you have two Superweapons up the middle, and at least one on the back end. If you have the top two Franchise Centres, and at least one, although preferably two Franchise Defencemen, presto, you're a Cup Contender, even with a mediocre goaltender.

The rest of the team is interchangeable, Lars Eller to Nick Bonino, Justin Williams to Kris Kunitz; dime a dozen, you can get those sorts of players at any time, for a second round pick.

I could take Carey Price and all the depth players off of Pittsburg and swap them out for the guys on the Leafs, wouldn't change a thing, but with Matthews, Nylander, Marner, and just one more Superweapon on the back end, presto; Cup Contenders, just like that, even with Freddie Can't Stop a Beachball Andersen in net.
Nec Aspera Terrent