The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Dand

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Dand » Fri May 19, 2017 8:53 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Do you realize how many squakers I deal with on a daily basis? I could report a dozen a day for the rest of my life and never hit 1%...
I haven't played a game with open mics in many, many years. It's a failed human experiment.
Actually it works great... you actually are required to interact with people in a verbal level. When playing games like Destiny you are part of a team, if you don't communicate, you are pooched.

Which BTW, the new destiny gameplay trailer looks awesome... they fixed a lot of issues, but still didn't fix them all, I am happy they are doing this, I just wish this was done after the first expansion.
You need communication in parts of the game (raids) but still don't need an open mic in most modes. Since you have to opt-in I almost never talk to randoms and just stick with my own squad of friends. I saw the Destiny 2 reveal too and the best news is that snipers will be made into "heavy" weapons. Other than that though, the less they change the better. I'm very happy with the way the first game was except for some PvP balance bitching (snipers are overpowered and the nerfs to them have been idiotic and ineffective) :violence-snipersmiley:
What did you want them to change that you didn't see?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 19, 2017 9:13 am

Dand wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I haven't played a game with open mics in many, many years. It's a failed human experiment.
Actually it works great... you actually are required to interact with people in a verbal level. When playing games like Destiny you are part of a team, if you don't communicate, you are pooched.

Which BTW, the new destiny gameplay trailer looks awesome... they fixed a lot of issues, but still didn't fix them all, I am happy they are doing this, I just wish this was done after the first expansion.
You need communication in parts of the game (raids) but still don't need an open mic in most modes. Since you have to opt-in I almost never talk to randoms and just stick with my own squad of friends. I saw the Destiny 2 reveal too and the best news is that snipers will be made into "heavy" weapons. Other than that though, the less they change the better. I'm very happy with the way the first game was except for some PvP balance bitching (snipers are overpowered and the nerfs to them have been idiotic and ineffective) :violence-snipersmiley:
Greater character and item customizations, allow us to give our ships paint jobs, the idea with the weapons skins were good, but I'd love to more color schemes... Allow us to customize our characters more too, facial, etc...

As well as that how about just true weapon customization, something akin to Fallout 4 weapon customization... also I wanted to see true matchmaking for raids, etc... they are working in the right direction, don't get me wrong, but I want to click and forget... not click and search. I am being picky I know, but I've got the collectors for all the Destiny games... I think I should be allowed to be a little.

As for the snipers, they are only ineffectual if you aren't in the crucible...
#NotOneRedCent

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Fri May 19, 2017 9:19 am

The Conservative wrote:
Dand wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Greater character and item customizations, allow us to give our ships paint jobs, the idea with the weapons skins were good, but I'd love to more color schemes... Allow us to customize our characters more too, facial, etc...

As well as that how about just true weapon customization, something akin to Fallout 4 weapon customization... also I wanted to see true matchmaking for raids, etc... they are working in the right direction, don't get me wrong, but I want to click and forget... not click and search. I am being picky I know, but I've got the collectors for all the Destiny games... I think I should be allowed to be a little.

YEAH BUT CAN I FUCK ALIENS BECAUSE IF I'M PLAYING AN RPG IN SPACE I BETTER BE ABLE TO FUCK ALL OF THE ALIENS

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 19, 2017 9:29 am

adwinistrator wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Dand wrote: You need communication in parts of the game (raids) but still don't need an open mic in most modes. Since you have to opt-in I almost never talk to randoms and just stick with my own squad of friends. I saw the Destiny 2 reveal too and the best news is that snipers will be made into "heavy" weapons. Other than that though, the less they change the better. I'm very happy with the way the first game was except for some PvP balance bitching (snipers are overpowered and the nerfs to them have been idiotic and ineffective) :violence-snipersmiley:

YEAH BUT CAN I FUCK ALIENS BECAUSE IF I'M PLAYING AN RPG IN SPACE I BETTER BE ABLE TO FUCK ALL OF THE ALIENS
You can, with a good enough gun.
#NotOneRedCent

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri May 19, 2017 10:12 am

TC, in some of the inventory screens that were shown there are slots for weapon modifications. It looks like that is going to be expanded a little bit beyong what was in Destiny where each weapon just had its own tree of modifications. It at least appears that there might be modifications you can equip to different weapons. They basically showed matchmaking for raids too. True random matchmaking for them would be a total nightmare because sometimes you need someone to be the leader and have the ability to kick players. The new game seems like it's integrating the LFG services that people used external websites for in the past.
adwinistrator wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Dand wrote:
:lol: you'll have to go to Mass Effect for that. Destiny is just about shooting aliens.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Dand wrote:TC, in some of the inventory screens that were shown there are slots for weapon modifications. It looks like that is going to be expanded a little bit beyond what was in Destiny where each weapon just had its own tree of modifications. It at least appears that there might be modifications you can equip to different weapons. They basically showed matchmaking for raids too. True random matchmaking for them would be a total nightmare because sometimes you need someone to be the leader and have the ability to kick players. The new game seems like it's integrating the LFG services that people used external websites for in the past.
adwinistrator wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
I know there is going to be matchmaking for Destiny 2, this kind should have been done in the first expansion for Destiny... the same time they gave the Cryptarch a lobotomy. And you could put in a voting system to kick a person, like they did in the original Halo multiplayer systems a long time ago.

Again, I am picking on things that really are minimal in some cases, I am going to get the CE of the game... and I'm already looking forward to the beta, I am just trying to finish up to level 7 on the last book... I've gotten over 70% of the book done without "cheating" by using Youtube... I want the T-Shirt.

Either way, I hope one day Bungie will work towards perfecting their multiplayer, because I think 4 v 4 is going to be too small.
#NotOneRedCent

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Fri May 26, 2017 8:01 am

This looks promising...

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 26, 2017 8:19 am

adwinistrator wrote:This looks promising...

I never got into the FC series, is it any good or is more of the same of what we just saw?
#NotOneRedCent

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Fri May 26, 2017 8:47 am

The Conservative wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:This looks promising...

I never got into the FC series, is it any good or is more of the same of what we just saw?
The characters and acting are superb, but the gameplay can get a bit redundant (like most Ubisoft games). It's worth checking them out though.

Intro of Far Cry 3 is so fucking amazing.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 26, 2017 8:53 am

I've resumed my crippling Kerbal Space Program obsession, with the release of 1.3 last night. :) It really looks like a finished game now - very smooth.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0