The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

C-Mag

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 02, 2017 8:11 pm

This guy better get confirmed, because he understands the Constitution and the intent of the Founding Fathers.
Army Secretary Nominee: Citizens Should Have Same Arms As Military
https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/05/0 ... -military/

Tennessee state Sen. Mark Green (R), President Donald Trump’s nominee for Army secretary, strongly believes that citizens should be armed ― and not just with any ol’ guns. They should be able to possess whatever weapons the military has, because an armed citizenry is the “ultimate checks and balances” against the federal government.

“The Second Amendment, while it allows citizens to protect themselves from other citizens, goes well beyond just allowing us to defend ourselves from a criminal,”
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue May 02, 2017 9:24 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Yeah but blunt tips make for the best stopping power. What's the point of a pointy bullet unless you are firing through an object? I'm sure most hunting rounds are shaped the way they do to provide adequate penetration but that's not something a personal defense round should be focused on in 9/10 cases.
NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SELF DEFENSE. IT WAS NEVER SELF DEFENSE. I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF NON-ENGINEERS NOT UNDERSTANDING THE CONVERSATION!

Also, wire that shit in parallel.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue May 02, 2017 9:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:This guy better get confirmed, because he understands the Constitution and the intent of the Founding Fathers.

Tennessee state Sen. Mark Green (R), President Donald Trump’s nominee for Army secretary, strongly believes that citizens should be armed ― and not just with any ol’ guns. They should be able to possess whatever weapons the military has, because an armed citizenry is the “ultimate checks and balances” against the federal government.

“The Second Amendment, while it allows citizens to protect themselves from other citizens, goes well beyond just allowing us to defend ourselves from a criminal,”
Doubt it. Even if he gets in. Doubt it.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
C-Mag wrote:This guy better get confirmed, because he understands the Constitution and the intent of the Founding Fathers.

Oh, the US Government is not about to start selling 240 Bravo's to you Okee.
I was just making a note that this guy understands the Constitution and the thoughts of the framers.
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue May 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Wayaminite, I ain't gettin a 240 out of this?

/Insert crowder yelling it's bullshit clip

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 02, 2017 11:28 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Wayaminite, I ain't gettin a 240 out of this?

/Insert crowder yelling it's bullshit clip
I'm not concerned, because we are smack dab in the middle of a resurgence of private arms invention that the US has not seen nearly a hundred years. One of the side affects of the 1934 Firearms Act was that it drove small weapons producers out of business. Now, with ease of access to CNC machines and interest, primarily in the AR platform small private companies and individuals are finding more loop holes in gun control than Bill Gates tax attorneys.

Right now if, I have the cash I could buy a belt fed AR platform that will fire 600 RPM and a quick change barrel. I could probably get one built in 308 too. I can get Military grade night vision, and on and on. It's kind of crazy right now.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed May 03, 2017 6:09 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It's not a contest between the glass and the bullet, but between the glass and the shooter. If I crack somebody's head open with a chair, and the chair breaks, we don't call it a draw between the comatose guy and the chair.
If we were going by your logic, the fact that the bullet was stronger than the drop, we could have stopped at the .22 since by happenstance it destroyed the drop.
No, no, no. That's not how it works.

The .22 and the .38 failed.

The .221 and the .308 won.

The .221 was about the same caliber as the .22, and smaller than the .38, but the .221 did what the other two could not.

To confirm the test, he used a .308, smaller than the failed .38, and the smaller round won again.

The hypothesis was that smaller caliber, but more pointy bullets, could defeat the drop where the blunt bullets failed.

You're not too good at this science thing.
Did the drop shatter? Yes or no.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed May 03, 2017 6:16 am

C-Mag wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

Oh, the US Government is not about to start selling 240 Bravo's to you Okee.
I was just making a note that this guy understands the Constitution and the thoughts of the framers.
Those that say that the civilians should not have the same type of weaponry as the military because there was no need, and there was no such thing as a machine gun, or anything of the sort when the Constitution was created don't understand history.

Look up the Puckle Gun... also, this was nearly 50+ years before the Constitution was even written up, never mind ratified...
#NotOneRedCent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed May 03, 2017 6:51 am

MAGA

Elect this guy President
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm