California Hate Thread

TheReal_ND

Re: California Hate Thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:59 pm

I would get out of California tbh but Texas isn't the land of milk and honey Californians seem to think it is. Dallas is legit more or less but I hate their attitude. Austin traffic is a nightmare and full of commies. San Antonio is basically Mexico with a good Aztec hand ball team. Houston has lots of work and good housing prices (always going up) and nice areas to live like The Woodlands, Kingsland, Cinco Ranch and a few others but is also a multicultural hell hole with lots of traffic. But honestly the crime isn't near as bad as the demographics would have you think. Prepare to commute in a car in Houston, everyone needs two because the public transportation is non existent practically.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Tennessee isn't so bad. Low taxes. Just stick to the border area adjacent to North Carolina. All those little towns are up in the national forest, and you can commute into Knoxville if you need to be near a large town for work. On paper it's a "city", but for people who have lived in large cities, it's probably not so bad. The national forest would be like the far outer suburbs of a metropolitan area, though obviously not built up at all.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:04 pm

I was just up in Memphis and God I love the country up around there. I would love to move to Arkansas too. My dream is to get a couple acres up around there. I love the countryside so much man. It's so much better than this sub tropic bs

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:05 pm

The national forest around here might be sasquatch territory, though.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Big Foot is scared of dogs. I would have dogs too. It's going to be great.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Hell yes. Get some land up against the national forest. Grow some food. Let the dogs guard the property while you commute to work.

I would get a total beater just to make the commute. Only use your good vehicle for around town stuff. Get an older fuel-efficient vehicle to do the commute that you don't mind putting some miles on. On the weekends, just hike up into the forest from your house.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:00 am

The Inner Party in California isn't going down without a fight.

Taxes are for the proles, not the Inner Party; and the Party's Ordnungspolizei are well-organized to handle enforcement for the security of the People.

To learn how taxation actually works IRL, just check out how Nancy's neighborhood rolls.

Wealthy San Francisco residents to get private street back, despite skipping taxes for decades
A block of homeowners that failed to pay a $14 tax for decades will nevertheless get to keep the private garden islands and gated street that adjoins their mansions, San Francisco officials decided Tuesday, as they reversed a tax default sale for the first time in the city’s history.

A married couple who had bought Presidio Terrace for $90,000 at an auction and hoped to rent or sell it back to the residents blasted the decision as favoritism.

But as the Associated Press reported, a U.S. senator personally advocated for the neighbors — one of whom is the British consul general. And they “lined up Tuesday to plead their case, saying they were regular, hard-working San Franciscans.”

The enormous homes of Presidio Terrace can sell for eight figures, as Alex Horton wrote for The Washington Post. Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Dianne Feinstein both used to call the street home.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:49 am

Gimme Shelter (2)

Like South Carolina in 1860, California is spiraling out of control; unlike South Carolina then, California is now the most populous and among the most important states in the Union. Will the American people allow the Golden State to continue to reject federal immigration laws, as a kind of renegade Bear Republic? Will the Trump administration, which has sworn to uphold and protect the Constitution, let them get away with it?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Let them go.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:18 pm

MILLENNIALS ON SUICIDE WATCH