How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

StCapps

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The GOP have the ability to absolutely crush the democratic party with this, and in the process showing how utterly contemptible the old GOPe truly is.

Moving the uninsured to Medicare is not some huge deal that should be opposed.
Yes, but there will be ideologues screaming "Communism!" It's like the rising and setting of the Sun. I think that was a (small) reason why the Democrats did not do something like this when they had the chance.

Crushing the democratic party might be more enticing to them.
One would only hope, but enough of them might be stupid as fuck, so don't discount their sheer stupidity.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:28 pm

StCapps wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The GOP have the ability to absolutely crush the democratic party with this, and in the process showing how utterly contemptible the old GOPe truly is.

Moving the uninsured to Medicare is not some huge deal that should be opposed.
Yes, but there will be ideologues screaming "Communism!" It's like the rising and setting of the Sun. I think that was a (small) reason why the Democrats did not do something like this when they had the chance.
Party loyalty and political gain might whip enough of them into line though, it might be a "only Nixon can go to China" kind of thing. It would be quite the feat, but it might not be impossible, though I'm not sure Trump has properly "paced" the freedom caucus types enough to "lead" them to supporting universal health care and not immediately decrying it as "Communism!". If he can get Rand Paul and Ted Cruz on board though, it could be done.
I hadn't thought of a Nixon to China effect. Something needs to be done. This whole neither fish nor fowl healthcare insurance nonsense has been killing, and impoverishing, people for decades. if Trump can get this done, regardless of what I think of him, I'll do a happy dance, and drink a beer in salute to him as it will go a long way to making it a good presidency.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 pm

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:

Crushing the democratic party might be more enticing to them.
One would only hope, but enough of them might be stupid as fuck, so don't discount their sheer stupidity.

Plenty of them are that stupid. Trump has to become a party leader and deal with it.

And the Freedom Caucus I don't think is the problem. Hell, my congressman leads that shit and he goes out of his way to defend the pile of shit that is the VA socialized health care system. I don't think expanded Medicare is a huge deal, honestly. The funding of it is huge. I have no idea how to make that work.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Trump appears to see the obvious escape route in front of him, pushing for the vote when he knows the bill doesn't have the numbers to pass. Reason to have faith dukenog.

Trump delivers ultimatum to House Republicans: Pass health-care measure on Friday or he'll move on
President Trump delivered an ultimatum to House Republicans on Thursday night: Vote to approve the measure to overhaul the nation’s health-care system on the House floor Friday, or reject it and the president will move on to his other legislative priorities.
Under the bus you go Paul Ryan.
:twisted:
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:52 pm

Can't stump won't stump. There is no way that pos is getting through. Sad in a way but here we are. Cue the MSM concern troll stories. Also, this place is an echo chamber.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:01 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Can't stump won't stump. There is no way that pos is getting through. Sad in a way but here we are. Cue the MSM concern troll stories. Also, this place is an echo chamber.
They wont cern troll they'll take credit then when they realize that Obamacare is collapsing they'll then try to blame shift.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:45 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:50 am

Burn Ryan's ass down.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:32 am

Fife wrote:Image
Answer: primary challengers.