PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Re: California Hate Thread

Post by Ex-California » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:17 pm

C-Mag wrote:
California wrote:When I move to Texas I'll get a MIL unit for Nuke to stay in

Are you considering a move?
We are talking about it. My job right now is really, really awesome but the CoL is so high here all the money I'm making is basically going up in smoke. At least I own a place now so I'm not throwing it away on rent, but how I "feel" compared to what's on paper is just not there. Add to the fact that I can't even afford a place with a yard for my kids and I'm just over it. The general retardness of CA laws is just icing on the cake.

The biggest problem is that I have a job with a unicorn private pension that's in a really well-performing fund. I think you all know who I work for and that pension is the same fund as the player's pension so its safe. All of that notwithstanding, my employer is contributing 15% of what I earn a year to it, and I don't have to take anything out of my take-home. I can contribute to a 401k on top of that as well. I know I'd take a pay cut to go somewhere else, and that's ok because it would be offset by CoL, but I have to think of losing that 15% retirement as a bigger paycut. Regardless of all that, the contribution isn't fully vested until I have so many years of service and that's not until 2019 for me.

So yeah, I'm starting to put my ducks together for a move, but its not imminent.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:47 am

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/1 ... der-trial/

Simply....wow.......not even a man slaughter charge.....so apparently one can shoot a gun, have the bullet rickache off something, kill someone, and only get a firearm possession charge.....what kind of case law does that create?

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:55 am

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:31 am

Don't forget this guy had been deported 6 times before.

Read the case notes, the illegal retard said he didn't know he had a gun, and people believed it? Anthony Cumia was on Nick DiPaolo yesterday and had good points about getting rid of the jury system in general. It started out as a joke, but went into the fact that you simply can't get a jury of your peers anymore because they have to pick the dumbest, most uniformed people to serve on juries. Mix in how multiculturalism has destroyed the American identity and instead we only have multiple squabbling tribes and its impossible to get a jury of your peers
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:26 am

California wrote:https://spectator.org/adios-california/

Great article about this disaster. Does a good job of debunking the 6th largest economy nonsense
Found this in the comments,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:17 am

California wrote:Don't forget this guy had been deported 6 times before.

Read the case notes, the illegal retard said he didn't know he had a gun, and people believed it? Anthony Cumia was on Nick DiPaolo yesterday and had good points about getting rid of the jury system in general. It started out as a joke, but went into the fact that you simply can't get a jury of your peers anymore because they have to pick the dumbest, most uniformed people to serve on juries. Mix in how multiculturalism has destroyed the American identity and instead we only have multiple squabbling tribes and its impossible to get a jury of your peers

The second case where the judge said the states ability to curve the 1rst amendment extends to acts beyond federal properties (schools) is a little more disturbing...

Yet the "People" of this country just seem to take it, over and over and over.....we really don't deserve freedom.....and most of us are doomed to be serfs....

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 am

Thing is.. I don't think the Army, when they finally decide enough is enough, will possess the will to reduce everybody to serfs. I suspect Heinlein described a grain of truth in how this will turn out.

It's better for the warrior class to foster a robust market-based economy that maximizes liberties and prosperity for the participants. It's more like a warrior class acting as gardeners of a complex economic ecosystem than medieval lords watching over their land slaves.

It's also most effective from a military standpoint to take only volunteers and let the very best enlisted rise into the officer corps. Reducing everybody to serfs and inheriting military rank would not be very effective in contemporary warfare.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:49 pm

California wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
California wrote:When I move to Texas I'll get a MIL unit for Nuke to stay in

Are you considering a move?
We are talking about it.

Me too dude. Could be a doc, CA, nuke fishing trip someday, boy!