Social Justice Warriors Thread

MilSpecs

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:12 am

Zlaxer wrote:

I know moderate Mussies....the problem is...when you cross a certain threshold of Mussieness.....then group think takes over and you get Med Evil Mussies....
That is true of all fundamentalist religions without external societal constraints, excepting the ones whose doctrines prohibit violence. Fundamentalism isn’t compatible with functional modern societies. And before the usual ballistic outburst takes place, that would include the full spectrum of fundamentalist ‘religions’ - includes groups like fundamentalist animal rights or environmentalists, which are arguably ‘religions’ and would commit violence if not for external constraints.
:royalty-queen:

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:15 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

I know moderate Mussies....the problem is...when you cross a certain threshold of Mussieness.....then group think takes over and you get Med Evil Mussies....
That is true of all fundamentalist religions without external societal constraints, excepting the ones whose doctrines prohibit violence. Fundamentalism isn’t compatible with functional modern societies. And before the usual ballistic outburst takes place, that would include the full spectrum of fundamentalist ‘religions’ - includes groups like fundamentalist animal rights or environmentalists, which are arguably ‘religions’ and would commit violence if not for external constraints.

America was like 90% christian until prob the mid 60's.....when was the last time we had mass be-headings/executions? Salem? Islam takes it to another level when compared to other religions (in the modern era).

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:26 am

MilSpecs wrote:Fundamentalism isn’t compatible with functional modern societies.
... she said as the tattoo artist put the finishing touches on the the #RESIST work now adorning her bicep.
“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some Nazis to punch in the face for their violations of the wrong-think code of the streets.”
And with that she pulled on her pink hat and vanished into the hooded Antifa mob.

;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:32 am

Zlaxer wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

America was like 90% christian until prob the mid 60's.....when was the last time we had mass be-headings/executions? Salem? Islam takes it to another level when compared to other religions (in the modern era).
Christianity is not predominantly fundamentalist in the U.S. and hasn't been for a very long time. There were even constraints on fundamental religious extremism during the Pilgrim era.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:34 am

Zlaxer wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

+1

When Lefties tremble about some political candidate, citing they will have us living under a theology I just laugh. Because if that was ever going to happen it would have happened a century ago. Fucking morons don't even know basic history of the country.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:36 am

DBTrek wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:Fundamentalism isn’t compatible with functional modern societies.
... she said as the tattoo artist put the finishing touches on the the #RESIST work now adorning her bicep.
“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some Nazis to punch in the face for their violations of the wrong-think code of the streets.”
And with that she pulled on her pink hat and vanished into the hooded Antifa mob.

;)
"the full spectrum of fundamentalist ‘religions’ - includes groups like fundamentalist animal rights or environmentalists, which are arguably ‘religions’ and would commit violence if not for external constraints"

Fundamentalism sucks. Anything that takes away reason and replaces it with dogma is antithetical to civil society.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:42 am

C-Mag wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:

When Lefties tremble about some political candidate, citing they will have us living under a theology I just laugh. Because if that was ever going to happen it would have happened a century ago. Fucking morons don't even know basic history of the country.
There is no one theology that Americans would have united under. Do you think in 1917 Catholics, Mormons, and all the Protestant denominations would have agreed to live under a single religious ideology?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:45 am

It amazes me how meaningless words are becoming. "Fundamentalism" used to actually mean something.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:50 am

MilSpecs wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

+1
There is no one theology that Americans would have united under. Do you think in 1917 Catholics, Mormons, and all the Protestant denominations would have agreed to live under a single religious ideology?
No, didn't happen. You misunderstand.
What I'm saying is if there was ever a chance for an American Theology, it was around a century ago when we were 90% Christian and mass movements like Prohibition were possible. That was the time. It won't come again............ and I still hear this whining about Christianity taking over the country.

Religious extremists of any kind can be a threat. Problem with the followers of Muhamed, is extremism seems pretty damn common, and it's not just the people blowing up kids in the town square.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:51 am

Yeah, we won't even let Christians say Merry Christmas anymore. So glad it doesn't apply to me. I use it all the time.
Account abandoned.