DCF Refugee Internment Camp

Okeefenokee

Re: DCF Refugee Interment Camp

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:26 pm

This is a second Thanksgiving.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Lucky1936

Post by Lucky1936 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:57 pm

DrYouth wrote:The only forum rule we need to remember...

Don't call the fella who is paying for the place a cuck.

Cause he might prove you wrong.

Marty Hash is not and will never be a cuck.

Right now he is the saviour... and from here on in he is the host.

Anybody who starts disrespecting the host will receive beatings forthwith....
Dan was kinda being a cuck, though, and there shouldn't be anything wrong with calling him on it, even though there is a line beyond which is being disrespectful. Things started getting out of hand when Dan couldn't be around to referee for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Some guys were worried that Hash would try to overmoderate this place, and I can understand where that concern comes from. It's important to give Hash the respect he's due, same as anybody, but I think it's a mistake to put him up on a pedestal as 'The Saviour'. Hash knew what he was getting himself into!! And if he starts being a cuck, he needs to be called on it, just like anybody
Wow, look at all the smilies!!

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:12 pm

I'm not concerned about Hash over moderating, and I'm not actually opposed to moderation, moderation in all things including moderation, but if somebody called Hash a cuck, and Hash blew their avatar away right there in the street, I could respect that, even if it was me, I can respect that more than Dan wanting you to go away, but just not having the tin to pull the trigger when you drew down on him.

You're free to draw down on someone on the frontier, but don't come crying after if they blow you away, frontier justice for the frontiersman.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:13 pm

X
Last edited by Fife on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:34 pm

For me, it's a virtual pub, and if I know Hash, he's not opposed to some brawling, but if you start breaking up the furniture, and he throws your ass out; oh well, this is not the Dan Carlin Forum, who knew?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Lucky1936

Post by Lucky1936 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:36 pm

Fife wrote:
Fuck me running. I only hope that if brohash pulls the plug in the next five minutes (which he probably should) that he calls your dumbass as the reason why.
If brohash does pull the plug on account of something my dumbass says, then that proves the over-moderation guys correct. I don't think that's gonna happen, though

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:40 pm

If you think Hash is over moderating, you're free to leave any time, me, I'm just here to hang out with my homey's, and I'm prepared to moderate as necessary therein, if it gets to the point where I can't live with something Hash does, I know where the door is.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:54 pm

And tell you what, I called Dan Carlin out on his own board, and took him on with all comers in his corner, and I broke through his pickets and beat Dan Carlin to a rhetorical pulp, in all my righteous fury, but in the end, when he was beaten into submission, I gained no satisfaction from it, it was just me standing over a friend down in the dirt, who had always gone out of his way to be nothing but decent to me, up to my armpits in his blood and mine, and it was all too late to take back what I had done.

Been there, done that, there was no glory in it after all, more of a crying shame really.

I like Marty Hash, I'm not here to call him on anything, and I'm pretty much done, with calling my gracious hosts out, to step into the alley for a no holds barred brawl.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Lucky1936

Post by Lucky1936 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:19 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:If you think Hash is over moderating, you're free to leave any time, me, I'm just here to hang out with my homey's, and I'm prepared to moderate as necessary therein, if it gets to the point where I can't live with something Hash does, I know where the door is.
I would like to categorically state that don't think that Hash is over moderating. Furthermore, I don't have any concerns that over-moderation on Hash's part is going to be a problem.

Some folks on the old forum were concerned about it when this transition was first being considered. I understand where that concern comes from. I don't share it.

Like everyone else I am very grateful to Hash for the new home, but is it right to put him up on a pedestal like some sort of sacred cow? We all know what happens to sacred cows around this crowd.

In other words, if I found myself disagreeing with Hash (or anyone else) on some issue we were discussing, I would have no qualms with telling him so, with all due respect. In fact it would be disrespectful (and cuckoldly) to pretend to agree with someone when you in fact don't.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 pm

Well, Hash is my homey too, I'm here to hang out with Hash too, Hash is ex-DCF, Hash is one of us, I don't sanctify him, all I said was don't shit where you eat, you don't have to listen to me, if you want to test the waters with Hash, If you want to call him a cuck, if you want to call him out, that's up to you, it's liberty nation, I'll uphold individual sovereignty, you do what you feel you gotta do.
Nec Aspera Terrent