Public School Education System Thread

Ex-California

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:Should we start teaching 911 Truth and Flat Earth Theories in certain sections of the country because people believe that? How about anti-vaccination theory? There are a lot of pockets of that around

Number one, you presume that this stuff is all Christian. That's just silly. Christian theologians were discussing evolution as a general concept in late antiquity. Most of these schools *do* teach evolution. Number two, the government schools fail to teach kids much of anything other than "evolution is right. Listen to the scientists and the democratic party." On the other hand, parochial schools do statistically greatly outperform government schools across the board, including in the sciences.

You have a prejudicial bias that causes you to want to fuck with the free choices of other Americans. I think a lot of this has to do with the yankee culture that dominates much of the Northeast, Great Lakes, and Pacific Coastline. Yankees were originally a puritan group who believed if they followed some perfect set of communitarian precepts they would establish a utopia on Earth. These days they replaced the original Puritanism with the radical secularism of progressive politics. But the behavior and biases remain the same.

Maybe we just need to break up? Because I don't see how we can reconcile this. You guys are falling farther and farther into the gravity well of statism, and the rest of us don't want to go down there with you.
1. I went to Parochial schools all the way through. We were never taught creationism. Hence the outperforming.

2. I'm not limiting "free choice" by demanding the ban of private or religious schools. Creationism is what is actually fighting free choice because its pushing a religious tenet on a state-run entity. On top of that, this is being pushed on everyone in those areas by a strong religious lobby, where's the free choice there?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:24 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:Should we start teaching 911 Truth and Flat Earth Theories in certain sections of the country because people believe that? How about anti-vaccination theory? There are a lot of pockets of that around

Number one, you presume that this stuff is all Christian. That's just silly. Christian theologians were discussing evolution as a general concept in late antiquity. Most of these schools *do* teach evolution. Number two, the government schools fail to teach kids much of anything other than "evolution is right. Listen to the scientists and the democratic party." On the other hand, parochial schools do statistically greatly outperform government schools across the board, including in the sciences.

You have a prejudicial bias that causes you to want to fuck with the free choices of other Americans. I think a lot of this has to do with the yankee culture that dominates much of the Northeast, Great Lakes, and Pacific Coastline. Yankees were originally a puritan group who believed if they followed some perfect set of communitarian precepts they would establish a utopia on Earth. These days they replaced the original Puritanism with the radical secularism of progressive politics. But the behavior and biases remain the same.

Maybe we just need to break up? Because I don't see how we can reconcile this. You guys are falling farther and farther into the gravity well of statism, and the rest of us don't want to go down there with you.
1. I went to Parochial schools all the way through. We were never taught creationism. Hence the outperforming.

2. I'm not limiting "free choice" by demanding the ban of private or religious schools. Creationism is what is actually fighting free choice because its pushing a religious tenet on a state-run entity. On top of that, this is being pushed on everyone in those areas by a strong religious lobby, where's the free choice there?

The government took free choice when it decided to tax people so much money to fund these government school debacles that the average family could not afford to both pay the generous salary and perks provided to teacher unions / low-level bureaucrats and pay for tuition to the school of their choice.

Take away the taxation and make the schools voluntary, then. Otherwise, the only fix that gives people back their freedom of choice is to voucher the fuck up and let people send their kids to the school of their choices. You can get you democrat party-run government school and I can send my kids to Catholic school.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:36 pm

My kids will appreciate a well-flipped burger from yours. I'll make sure they learn to tip well.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:51 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Whine all you like. It's happening. The DoE is going away. Teacher's unions are going away. Your totalitarian regime is going away. You lost.
Yeah, I doubt that.
it's been a bad year for people's doubts.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:00 pm

Since when are teachers well paid?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:08 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:Since when are teachers well paid?
Median salary is $57,200 for 9 months. That's $6,356/month, with full benefits, and salaries are rising.

Teachers are well compensated.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:18 pm

When I lived in Cook county, my little two-bedroom condo cost me over seven thousand dollars in taxes each year.

Mostly to pay for this:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Townsh ... 354209.htm

https://adc.d211.org/wp-content/uploads ... 0256-1.pdf

Note the six digit salaries.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:00 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Median salary is $57,200 for 9 months. That's $6,356/month, with full benefits, and salaries are rising.

Teachers are well compensated.
Good. As they should be

Complain about the administrators, not the teachers.

I guess the days of the poverty wage teachers are finally over, and that's good thing.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:00 pm

When I lived in Cook county, my little two-bedroom condo cost me over seven thousand dollars in taxes each year.

Mostly to pay for this:

I have no problem with this.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:10 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:

Mostly to pay for this:

I have no problem with this.
Doesn't matter if you do. Your feelings on it have no meaning while there are public unions. If, somehow, it ever got to be that you did have a problem with it, tough shit.

Now, plenty of us think six figure salaries for teachers in failing schools is a problem.