The internet takeover thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: The internet takeover thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:36 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:19 am

Youtubers defying Google's ban on Alex jones.
LMFAO

Already taken down.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:39 am

This is what it was,

https://www.pscp.tv/RealAlexJones/1yNGa ... oplay&t=14

There were several channels posting it on my feed this morning.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:45 am

What's fucked is that there really are no good options to create alternatives. They can steal your domain and fuck with you at the DNS level (like they did to Andrew Anglin). They can deny you access to protection from ddos attacks, making your site vulnerable to nonstop shutdown by the left. They can block you out of both the Google and Apple app stores, which keeps you off about 99% of the smartphones out there.

That's not even including the problem of network externalities that make things like YouTube and Facebook default monopolies.

The only thing that can really break those monopolies is if they truly drive out all the people right of stupid, and those people create alternative sites, fracturing social media between two sides. But because the globalist companies control the DNS servers, the DDOS services, the domain registration, and even the domains, they can shut down all competition.

This is why we needed net neutrality. I suspect you are going to see a complete 180 on the part of most people on the right in the near future when it comes to this. They are now seeing how mistaken it was.

If we had net neutrality, we'd at least be able to create the alternative sites and services.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:47 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:36 am
Okeefenokee wrote:

LMFAO

Already taken down.
This may not effect votes in November, but they are losing and they know it. Like I said, they have no idea the hell that would result. Censorship is a never ending slog and like English faggot, dirty dick they'll give up and pretend they were for free speech all along. Just like schools and depictions of the US flag.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:48 am

And i would argue that what we just saw was proof positive that we are dealing with monopolies. The ability to shut out competition is a monopolistic power.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:49 am

clubgop wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:47 am
Okeefenokee wrote:

LMFAO

Already taken down.
This may not effect votes in November, but they are losing and they know it. Like I said, they have no idea the hell that would result. Censorship is a never ending slog and like English faggot, dirty dick they'll give up and pretend they were for free speech all along. Just like schools and depictions of the US flag.
I agree this could cost them quite a lot in the midterms, but I think they are playing a long game here. They know this will burn the democratic party in November if they keep this up. Everybody can see through it because it is so transparent.

But by 2020 the normies will have forgotten and if we cannot even reach them with our own ideas, we cannot win.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:50 am

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:45 am
What's fucked is that there really are no good options to create alternatives. They can steal your domain and fuck with you at the DNS level (like they did to Andrew Anglin). They can deny you access to protection from ddos attacks, making your site vulnerable to nonstop shutdown by the left. They can block you out of both the Google and Apple app stores, which keeps you off about 99% of the smartphones out there.

That's not even including the problem of network externalities that make things like YouTube and Facebook default monopolies.

The only thing that can really break those monopolies is if they truly drive out all the people right of stupid, and those people create alternative sites, fracturing social media between two sides. But because the globalist companies control the DNS servers, the DDOS services, the domain registration, and even the domains, they can shut down all competition.

This is why we needed net neutrality. I suspect you are going to see a complete 180 on the part of most people on the right in the near future when it comes to this. They are now seeing how mistaken it was.

If we had net neutrality, we'd at least be able to create the alternative sites and services.
That's bullshit. Making them utilities they would be the publisher and responsible for content. Government would fuck this up, more so. Let them kill themselves alternatives will pop up they already are.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:50 am

Honestly, these are the opening stages of war. It might be years from now, but this type of bullshit is what you do when you see your political opponents as enemies (which I suppose is true).

Once you accept that they are your enemies, and they obviously see us that way, what really is left to do?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:52 am

clubgop wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:50 am
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:45 am

That's bullshit. Making them utilities they would be the publisher and responsible for content. Government would fuck this up, more so. Let them kill themselves alternatives will pop up they already are.

Nope.

I do not deny that they government could fuck it up and try to use it to do more of the same. But in order for this shit to work, the only thing that needs to happen is that ideas and even packet data are neutral. A monopolistic social media outlet should not be able to discriminate ideas. Actual abuse, sure, but if they do it one-sided like they are now (with legions of leftists threatening, abusing, and expressing hate speech every day), then the government ought to fine them.

The other option is to break up the monopolies somehow, but in so doing you destroy most of the utility of a social network.

And the fact that you do not have network neutrality at the packet data level means you can NEVER have an alternative to these companies. GAB cannot even get their app on an app store, and before long you will start to see GAB packet data relegated to such a slow lane that people stop using the service.

At some point everybody needs to wake up to the fact that this is a war and you cannot sit there with your ideological thinking, dismissing shit because it doesn't fit your narrative. Without net neutrality, we have no chance on the Internet. They control pretty much everything right now.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:57 am

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:49 am
clubgop wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:47 am

LMFAO

Already taken down.
I agree this could cost them quite a lot in the midterms, but I think they are playing a long game here. They know this will burn the democratic party in November if they keep this up. Everybody can see through it because it is so transparent.

But by 2020 the normies will have forgotten and if we cannot even reach them with our own ideas, we cannot win.
They are already backed down. They pretend they are drawing a hard line but they are not. Have they gone after Breitbart, daily caller, daily wire, National Review, nope. The normies will be reached. The dank memes will find a way.