DCF Refugee Internment Camp

Smitty-48

Re: DCF Refugee Interment Camp

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Fife wrote:
De l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace et la Patrie sera sauvée!

:goteam:
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Fife wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:They told me I could be anything I wanted.

So I became an e-celeb on a niche message board of a history podcaster.
That's better than a red hot poker up the arse.

Or whatever else any of us really deserve.

:shock:
All I'm looking for is a new virtual pub after the old one burnt down, where I can watch my sports on the tv, puff my ceegars, sip my whiskey, and shoot the breeze by the fireside, all from the exquisite comforts of my own home. It is nothing, if not a luxury.

Should we defend it? Absolutely. Need we apologize for it? Absolutely not. Need we make it into a crusade to save the world from itself? Please, leave that shit back at the DCF, that was always the lamest part, no Ma-Douches required.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:03 pm

It's a shame we won't be able to do such an exciting election again though.

Two Man

Post by Two Man » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:10 pm

Oh yeah? Wait till you see who the democrats put up next time. It's gonna blow your mind.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Kanye?

Two Man

Post by Two Man » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:12 pm

Your getting warm.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:13 pm

lol I got ahold of diatribalist.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Two Man wrote:Your getting warm.
Matt Damon?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Hastur wrote: What about the rules from the old land? 100 posts of safety. Show your work. Etc.
There's already a bunch of threads calling out individual posters, even it they're not here yet.
I'm just going to go with the golden rule: treat me politely even if we disagree, and I'll be the same back. Talk to me in a way that would get you a punch in the face at a bar, and expect every ounce of nastiness I possess to be thrown at you. I don't mind jokes at my expense. I don't mind people pulling apart my post bit by bit to prove me wrong (hey, how else are you going to learn?). I don't even mind grammar and punctuation nazis keeping me on my toes. I even enjoy the sarcastic and caustic replies if they are witty and well thought out. Where I draw the line is later day DSL responses. Those will get me rolling in the mud and give as good as I get, but otherwise I'll always be prepared to say 'y'know what, you might be right on that' if someone has spoken rationally and convincingly to my counter point.

Attack the post not the poster, unless the poster attacks first, and then the gloves are off... sorta thing.

And even when the gloves are off never say something to someone that you wouldn't say to their face.
Carlin delenda est

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:20 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:It's a shame we won't be able to do such an exciting election again though.
True, but at the same time, you are no longer bound to the Dan Carlinite agenda of "what's wrong with America and how much can we complain about it?"

Here, on the new frontier, you're free to get your MAGA on and make no apologies for it, it only becomes an "echo chamber!" if somebody's agenda is getting butt hurt, but if there is no agenda, then they ain't got nothing to complain against, the cause here, should be our freedom, including the freedom to have a cause, or not, as each individual sovereign sees fit, DCF as you wanna be, but Dan Carlin Prinzip, does not rule here.
Nec Aspera Terrent