Public School Education System Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:14 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:If we abolished government involvement altogether, we'd fund schools locally through our churches. Especially since property taxes would fall by at least 60% if not more.

Basically, more kids would get the decent education provided to kids whose parents can afford to both pay private tuition and the bloated property tax bill for the steaming pile of poop down the road run by the democratic party.
What churches? Not everyone goes to church. In fact, in my area, churchgoers are a minority

I guess you guys will be shit out of luck unless you figure out some other way to do it..

You don't think it's a sign of weakness that the left can't figure out how to do anything without state control?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:05 am

StCapps wrote:
mydogjesse wrote:It most definitely does not. The top public schools in the U.S. are in Massachusetts, NJ and CT, which don't mix religion with education.
Correlation does not equal causation. The teaching of creationism is not the deciding in the differences in education quality, it's just a pet peeve of the anti-religious. Did you ever stop to think that schools in states with the worst education were bad for reasons other than mixing religion and education?

In Canada we have a religious school system up here paid for with public funds, they are notably better than the non-religious public schools by a good margin. This myth of mixing religion and public schools leading to lower education standards does not bear out in reality and the people who most believe this myth are those who look down their noses at religious folks.
:royalty-queen:

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:13 am

StCapps wrote:
mydogjesse wrote:It most definitely does not. The top public schools in the U.S. are in Massachusetts, NJ and CT, which don't mix religion with education.
Correlation does not equal causation. The teaching of creationism is not the deciding in the differences in education quality, it's just a pet peeve of the anti-religious. Did you ever stop to think that schools in states with the worst education were bad for reasons other than mixing religion and education?

In Canada we have a religious school system up here paid for with public funds, they are notably better than the non-religious public schools by a good margin. This myth of mixing religion and public schools leading to lower education standards does not bear out in reality and the people who most believe this myth are those who look down their noses at religious folks.
First, 13 years of Catholic school here with a perfect score on the English written SAT, so not dissing their comparative quality to the public schools in a bad to moderate area. I know their strong and weak points. I would take a Catholic primary & HS. education in a heartbeat if I lived somewhere where the public schools were bad. But the reality is that people who want religion in the schools don't want a Catholic education. They want fundamentalist Christianity taught. They'd have heart attacks if their kids were saying the Hail Mary every day or were taught comparative religion. They're not looking for a quality Jesuit education. They want conformity to their personal beliefs, which has nothing to do with education.
:royalty-queen:

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:29 am

mydogjesse wrote:
StCapps wrote:

First, 13 years of Catholic school here with a perfect score on the English written SAT, so not dissing their comparative quality to the public schools in a bad to moderate area. I know their strong and weak points. I would take a Catholic primary & HS. education in a heartbeat if I lived somewhere where the public schools were bad. But the reality is that people who want religion in the schools don't want a Catholic education. They want fundamentalist Christianity taught. They'd have heart attacks if their kids were saying the Hail Mary every day or were taught comparative religion. They're not looking for a quality Jesuit education. They want conformity to their personal beliefs, which has nothing to do with education.
@onion29@
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:30 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:If we abolished government involvement altogether, we'd fund schools locally through our churches. Especially since property taxes would fall by at least 60% if not more.

Basically, more kids would get the decent education provided to kids whose parents can afford to both pay private tuition and the bloated property tax bill for the steaming pile of poop down the road run by the democratic party.
What churches? Not everyone goes to church. In fact, in my area, churchgoers are a minority

I guess you guys will be shit out of luck unless you figure out some other way to do it..

You don't think it's a sign of weakness that the left can't figure out how to do anything without state control?
Why have a state if it doesn't do anything for you?

All one has to do is look at Europe from about 500-1000 to see what happens when a bunch of widespread provinces lose centralized control.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:32 am

That's exactly why we need to break up. Your yankee culture requires a huge state to do everything for you. I prefer the old way.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:56 am

mydogjesse wrote:First, 13 years of Catholic school here with a perfect score on the English written SAT, so not dissing their comparative quality to the public schools in a bad to moderate area. I know their strong and weak points. I would take a Catholic primary & HS. education in a heartbeat if I lived somewhere where the public schools were bad. But the reality is that people who want religion in the schools don't want a Catholic education. They want fundamentalist Christianity taught. They'd have heart attacks if their kids were saying the Hail Mary every day or were taught comparative religion. They're not looking for a quality Jesuit education. They want conformity to their personal beliefs, which has nothing to do with education.
So what? Because you don't like the teachings of the Protestants as much you like the teachings of Catholics, you think it will lead to some state going back to the iron age simply because they decided to teach creationism in their public schools? Sorry but you overrate the damage done by teaching creationism. People can believe all sorts of silly nonsense and the country will run just fine, start complaining if they stop teaching good science to only teach bad science, until then stop pretending you know what's best for the Texas and Oklahoma education system better than Texans and Oklahoman's do.

There is no danger of a theocracy forming in any state that will suppress scientific progress, and teaching creationism in pubic schools isn't the first step towards that either, stop the ridiculous hyperbole people. Y'all simply want to look down your nose at the religious schooling by pretending that because some of their whackier beliefs are being taught it will somehow automatically hold these schools back from being as good or or better than public schools. This is balderdash.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:08 am

mydogjesse wrote:They want conformity to their personal beliefs, which has nothing to do with education.
So do the Leftards who run the secular schools, the secular schools are just as much about imposing conformity, if not more.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:13 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
mydogjesse wrote:They want conformity to their personal beliefs, which has nothing to do with education.
So do the Leftards who run the secular schools, the secular schools are just as much about imposing conformity, if not more.
Indeed, the SJWs run rampant there. Rampant is probably an understatement.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:16 am

If anything, the Catholic schools, recognizing that they are in the minority to the dominant conformity agenda, are the only places where anybody ever questions the Leftards and their LGBTQ Climate Scientist Malthusian Doomsday Bolshevist religion, which would be fine by me, let the kids get the alternate view at school, Lord knows they're not going to get it from the media.

Reality check, it's a glorified baby sitting service, whether the kids are being baby sat by Treason, Marxism and Pussies, or the Whore of Babylon, is kind of a wash in the end, but at least the Papsists run a tight ship.

My publically funded choices are Popery, or Communism, so I'm pretty much gonna have to go with Popery as the lesser of two evils.
Nec Aspera Terrent