DCF Refugee Internment Camp

Smitty-48

Re: DCF Refugee Interment Camp

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:00 pm

Well just in case you think I've gone all Bolshie on yeas, put that right out of your mind, individual sovereignty in effect, of course, but as individual sovereigns, we still need to come together as necessity calls, to defend our States Rights over the prerogatives of those who wish us to be as we are not, or would have us apologize for who we are.

Free men fighting of our own free will to defend our free commons, but only to be free, and not to free the world, just to free ourselves.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:00 pm

So we're pilgrims setting foot on a new continent. Free from all constraints, except for those we choose to set for ourselves.

Good thing there's no natives about.

What about the rules from the old land? 100 posts of safety. Show your work. Etc.
There's already a bunch of threads calling out individual posters, even it they're not here yet.

It's a brand new world. Let it be the land of the free and the home of the brave for real.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:13 pm

I'm just going to enjoy the fresh air, after getting out of the bowels of the DCF galleon, it was getting stuffy in there, I'm in no hurry to have a constitutional convention.

This is still a frontier, so frontier gentleman's rules, if you don't draw down on me, I won't draw down on you.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Well just in case you think I've gone all Bolshie on yeas, put that right out of your mind, individual sovereignty in effect, of course, but as individual sovereigns, we still need to come together as necessity calls, to defend our States Rights over the prerogatives of those who wish us to be as we are not, or would have us apologize for who we are.

Free men fighting of our own free will to defend our free commons, but only to be free, and not to free the world, just to free ourselves.
Damn, see, this shit. Goooooooood.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:19 pm

kybkh wrote:A concern I have is how will we attract new members. Without fresh fish everyone once in a while we risk the conversations growing stale. That certainly appeared to happen at DCF when fewer posters were contributing.
Well, Dan's program's and interaction with basically the Forum members did keep the old Forum going, gave it a reason for someone new to come around. New members come if there is simply a reason to get interested, to comment, to share.

So there has to be a simple reason to get involved.

When you have a very active forum and that forum for some reason ends, like the admin hasn't gotten the time and money, a dedicated group can move to another Place. Likely the effect is that it's still OK, but it's not so active anymore as people don't know the new Place as the old one... and few move on. I've seen it once on another Forum I participate.

Yet I think the DCF was diffirent. There were really very few active people now for a long time. So I guess this can work just OK. Because there here.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:20 pm

They told me I could be anything I wanted.

So I became an e-celeb on a niche message board of a history podcaster.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:23 pm

X
Last edited by Fife on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:33 pm

I think we deserve to just let ourselves enjoy the open range for awhile, we are a small band, but a band of brothers already forged, and as such, I don't think we have much use for bureaucracy at this juncture, go ahead and call your own shots, just don't shit where you eat.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Death is too good for us deplorables.

Two Man

Post by Two Man » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:38 pm

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for you.