[s]YouTube stuff[/s] cancelled

GloryofGreece

Re: YouTube stuff

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:24 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:59 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:44 pm
Murder laws are enforced every day you idiot.
Indeed they are - after the fact. They don't do a hell of a lot to prevent it.
Mud slinging and insults aside (I don't know why it gets so dirty in here but glad there's different opinions being voiced) Anyway to the point, I don't think we can say that laws don't have a preventative effect on violence. I think if people think that they are going to get caught or theres a chance they will and there are enforceable laws and punishments that yes in fact an un quantifiable amount of violence is prevented in America b/c of the "laws" and police even though yes violence still obviously happens.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
How do you know? What actual data are you basing your assertion/assumption/feelz on? Given how no country in the world has, or ever had, been without laws against murder, how can you tell how big a part laws against murder play in preventing murder?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:07 pm

BjornP wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
How do you know? What actual data are you basing your assertion/assumption/feelz on? Given how no country in the world has, or ever had, been without laws against murder, how can you tell how big a part laws against murder play in preventing murder?
Fair. But there is no shortage of nations with laws against abortion. Those are the places you are most likely to find abandoned children, and dead women from back-alley abortions.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Fair. But there is no shortage of nations with laws against abortion. Those are the places you are most likely to find abandoned children, and dead women from back-alley abortions.
That's honestly a useless argument for legalizing abortion, and I'm for (restricted) legalized abortion. Wether something should be allowed or not should have nothing to do with it being carried out in the shadows.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:30 pm

It's the end game of liberalism, really. No moral standards whatsoever except the making of the lack of moral standards into a substitute for moral good.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:52 pm

BjornP wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

That's honestly a useless argument for legalizing abortion, and I'm for (restricted) legalized abortion. Wether something should be allowed or not should have nothing to do with it being carried out in the shadows.
Yes it should, government has to contend with that fact. Now for things like murder or theft sure damn the consequences you do what you gotta do on that but things like drugs, guns, or alcohol we have been through these prohibitions and the negative consequences make for higher societal cost than just punishing the externalities. Now I believe abortion is one of those things that the consequences be damned. We regulate and license healthcare practitioners very heavily except for abortion mills, a piercing pagoda at the local mall is more regulated than an abortion clinic. If you want abortion to be legitimate healthcare than they should treat as such, but no dirty dick and the rest want their babies and kill them in the womb too.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:21 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
BjornP wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Talking out your ass.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:32 pm

clubgop wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:52 pm
BjornP wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Yes it should, government has to contend with that fact. Now for things like murder or theft sure damn the consequences you do what you gotta do on that but things like drugs, guns, or alcohol we have been through these prohibitions and the negative consequences make for higher societal cost than just punishing the externalities. Now I believe abortion is one of those things that the consequences be damned. We regulate and license healthcare practitioners very heavily except for abortion mills, a piercing pagoda at the local mall is more regulated than an abortion clinic. If you want abortion to be legitimate healthcare than they should treat as such, but no dirty dick and the rest want their babies and kill them in the womb too.
In fairness, aren't the various US states very different when it comes to allowing abortion? Most are probably as or more permissive than the EU average, but I suspect you have some states that nearly ban abortion? None of you advocate federal bans on abortion, do you?

Arguing that there's a benefit to legalizing guns, drugs or alcohol because banning them would otherwise lead to crime is.... I can't even wrap my head around that. Not from any cultural POV or anything, the increasing number of people arguing for legalizing weed here use the argument all the time. I just simply cannot even mentally digest that way of thinking and don't consider it persuasive.
Try and apply that thinking to immigration. Making it illegal to cross the border without authorization also leads to societal costs and negative consequences, does it not? So... no more borders to keep crime all the way down? ;)

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Yes. They are arguing for a complete federal ban. Chopping off the leg, to spite a toe.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:09 pm

No, Roe v Wade and Conn. vs griswald is very clear. They cannot prohibit it. Now things can be made very difficult. But planned parenthood is federally fucking funded so difficulties are overcome. You are absolutely wrong on this.

As for the second argument, there is a cost/benefit argument to be made laws require two things to be enforced cash and balls. Got to put money behind it and have to have the balls to enforce that law to the letter. My belief is to prohibit and prosecute the behavior you dont want but banning the thing is nonproductive because the political will doesn't exist to put the cash and balls behind it.

What doesn't make sense to me to see the failure and unwillingness of law enforcement to enforce laws and so the solution is to make more laws and give failing law enforcement more power to enforce laws they cant or won't enforce. We are there with drugs, guns, and to some extent alcohol.