Social Justice Warriors Thread

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:40 am

Fife wrote:Do you *really* think your McChicken is free of human fecal matter, all because muh laws?

*Really*?

:goteam: :drunk:
Reminds me of the story I once heard, possibly untrue, about regulators checking the Guinness vats and finding a load of dead rats.

The brewers had to remove them, 'cause wah wah wah regulations, but it effed up the flavor, so they started throwing chunks of throw away meat into the vats instead. The taste probably weren't never the same neither.

Man, if taking out the human doo is gonna mess up mah nuggets, get your damn laws off my body gub'ment.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:02 am

The idea that I can't pay someone for a hair cut without the governments approval is at the very core of this weak kneed, coward America.

Its not really worth debating.

Corruption+Cowardice = #NotMyAmerica

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:07 am

Licensing I can see getting rid of. But you guys seemed to go so far as to say regulations were wrong. Like we don't need regulations to sanitize blades and combs. That's the kind of batshit that makes libertarians look silly all the time.

I agree that most of the time licensing is a racket. You don't need to abandon regulations to abandon that stuff. Nobody needs a license to work at Waffle House, but they still have to abide by state health codes.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:47 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Fife wrote:Do you *really* think your McChicken is free of human fecal matter, all because muh laws?

*Really*?

Reminds me of the story I once heard, possibly untrue, about regulators checking the Guinness vats and finding a load of dead rats.

The brewers had to remove them, 'cause wah wah wah regulations, but it effed up the flavor, so they started throwing chunks of throw away meat into the vats instead. The taste probably weren't never the same neither.

Man, if taking out the human doo is gonna mess up mah nuggets, get your damn laws off my body gub'ment.
Not true I'm afraid but it makes a good story.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 am

California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
What, in the holy fuck, is that?!? I don't even know how you could do that without trying your best to dig a pair of clippers into his head. Guessing that's not from a haircut.
This is a result of getting your hair dyed by someone working in a hair salon without the required training
One can buy hair dye and do this to themselves at home. Should we disallow that as well?

Otherwise licensing makes no sense
The chemicals used in a salon are often much stronger than those used in home kits.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:10 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/24/wh ... -says.html
A math education professor at the University of Illinois says the ability to solve geometry and algebra problems and teaching such subjects perpetuates so-called white privilege.
“School mathematics curricula emphasizing terms like Pythagorean Theorem and pi perpetuate a perception that mathematics was largely developed by Greeks and other Europeans," she says, according to Campus Reform.
“On many levels, mathematics itself operates as whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as white,” she writes.

Further, she says mathematics operates with unearned privilege in society, “just like whiteness.”
She should very obviously lose her job. As far as I can tell, I have never heard of someone less qualified to be a math education professor.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:35 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: This is a result of getting your hair dyed by someone working in a hair salon without the required training
One can buy hair dye and do this to themselves at home. Should we disallow that as well?

Otherwise licensing makes no sense
The chemicals used in a salon are often much stronger than those used in home kits.
I can go to Sally Beauty Supply or equivalent and buy everything I would be able to buy through a salon.

Even then, regulation doesn't' stop incompetence.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:38 pm

apeman wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/24/wh ... -says.html
A math education professor at the University of Illinois says the ability to solve geometry and algebra problems and teaching such subjects perpetuates so-called white privilege.
“School mathematics curricula emphasizing terms like Pythagorean Theorem and pi perpetuate a perception that mathematics was largely developed by Greeks and other Europeans," she says, according to Campus Reform.
“On many levels, mathematics itself operates as whiteness. Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as white,” she writes.

Further, she says mathematics operates with unearned privilege in society, “just like whiteness.”
She should very obviously lose her job. As far as I can tell, I have never heard of someone less qualified to be a math education professor.
Jason nails this idiot woman, starting at 30:20

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Montegriffo wrote:

*Really*?

Print the legend, killjoy. :snooty:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Montegriffo wrote:

Print the legend, killjoy. :snooty:
Guiness contains fish
THE black stuff is clarified with isinglass - a form of gelatine made from the air bladders of fish. It's only a minute amount but technically it's still a fishy pint.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gu ... ish-476494
A vegetarian-friendly alternative used in some beers is Irish moss.

All German beers are also safe for veggies because of a law from 1516 which states their beer must contain only four products - hops, water, sugar and yeast.