Weed legalization thread

StCapps

Re: Weed legalization thread

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:44 pm

DBTrek wrote:
StCapps wrote:Me and Okee are the only dudes in this thread who even know what is going on ...
Actually, you’re the only ones thus far proven to have no idea of what’s going on. You in particular, who didn’t even know Sessions had done anything when you first posted.

That’s why the amount of actual engagement you two command falls well below what others have achieved in this thread.
Strawman, I knew he threw out the memo, I merely downplayed it's importance, because it isn't important, it's nothing burger, like the Russia investigation. You want to front like it's a big deal, but it isn't. Wait until Session does something of serious consequence before bitching about a federal crackdown on legal marijuana.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Doesn't seem likely that Trump wants agents going on drug raids in states that voted for weed in an election year.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:47 pm

StCapps wrote: Strawman, I knew he threw out the memo, I merely downplayed it's importance, because it isn't important, it's nothing burger, like the Russia investigation. You want to front like it's a big deal, but it isn't. Wait until Session does something of serious consequence before bitching about a federal crackdown on legal marijuana.
Except for that pesky part about all the raids happening on legal state-level businesses before the memo that magically disappeared after the memo. Except for that small part, yeah, no big deal.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Doesn't seem likely that Trump wants agents going on drug raids in states that voted for weed in an election year.
Exactly, Trump won't let Sessions jump the shark and if he does anyway, Trump will probably throw him under the bus and replace him with a new AG, who won't commit political suicide.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

DBTrek wrote:
StCapps wrote:Me and Okee are the only dudes in this thread who even know what is going on ...
Actually, you’re the only ones thus far proven to have no idea of what’s going on.
...he said to the only person here who's actually quoted the memo.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote: Strawman, I knew he threw out the memo, I merely downplayed it's importance, because it isn't important, it's nothing burger, like the Russia investigation. You want to front like it's a big deal, but it isn't. Wait until Session does something of serious consequence before bitching about a federal crackdown on legal marijuana.
Except for that pesky part about all the raids happening on legal state-level businesses before the memo that magically disappeared after the memo. Except for that small part, yeah, no big deal.
Yeah but now it's extra official and an entrenched special interest, the latest legalization push changed the game Kath, doing it in the Bush years isn't the political suicide that is today. Also in the Bush years they wrote memos going after legal weed, Sessions hasn't done that yet, it's not like just removing the Obama memo gives them carte blanche to do it again, they need other memos to do that. The Obama memo isn't that important, it isn't the only thing stopping Sessions from going after legalized marijuana, that's ignorant bullshit.

This isn't a big deal, you're hatred of Sessions is blinding you as to what is actually going on here, so you assume the worst to fill in the blanks. Calm down, much ado about nothing.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Doesn't seem likely that Trump wants agents going on drug raids in states that voted for weed in an election year.

76% of Americans supported net neutrality, and that didn't stop him. Only about 57% of Americans support marijuana legalization. He already stepped on one land mine eyes wide open, and it was bigger than this one.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 pm

StCapps wrote:
Exactly, Trump won't let Sessions jump the shark and if he does anyway, Trump will probably throw him under the bus and replace him with a new AG, who won't commit political suicide.
Sarah Sanders says Trump 'strongly believes' in enforcing federal marijuana laws
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sarah ... le/2645008

In a world where making bad guesses qualifies as a winning argument ...
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:54 pm

DBTrek wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Sarah Sanders says Trump 'strongly believes' in enforcing federal marijuana laws
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sarah ... le/2645008

In a world where making bad guesses qualifies as a winning argument ...
Enforcing federal laws doesn't mean they won't be selective about it. The Bad Hombres might get shafted, but legal businesses have a lot less to worry about on this one.
/shrugs
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:55 pm

:lol:

Well, my point is made.

Have fun, laddie.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"