Social Justice Warriors Thread

Martin Hash

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:54 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:it almost seems like the doomsayers are trying to convince us to lower expectations for their own benefit.
Libertarians make much the same argument you are making: I earned this, now it's all mine... And my progeny's... Forever. I also pushback from that flawed expectation.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:03 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I totally understand why people would freak out. I don't hate people for demanding what they were promised. I hate that government and unions have promised unsustainable dreams. My comments are about reality. This shit is going to go broke, and there will be violence as a result.
The new American dream of lowered expectations for work-a-day jackoffs. When did that become normal?
What the hell is an employer-based pension? How many companies are still around when the pensions are supposed to be paid? 1%? Making promises one has no ability to keep is the same as lying, and using this lying smokescreen, Government has made even BIGGER ridiculous promises BUT they get to force The Public to pony up. The whole idea of government pensions has the added hypocrisy that even though The Law does not hold children responsible for the debts of their father - THE GOVERNMENT DOES.

My intent was State employee pensions.
http://reason.com/archives/2017/07/14/d ... ns-to-defl
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:21 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:This hatred of pensions as something that was just 'promised' is perplexing.

If your employer came to you and said, I know you did all this work under a contract for an expected compensation, but I am afraid I am not going to pay it, and in fact, am going to retroactively reduce your past paychecks, your anger would be understandable.

If we really think that relearning respect for our fellow citizens is important, we should remind ourselves that respect is reciprocal.

You confuse two different things. If a private employer promised a pension as part of compensation, then the employer has an obligation to pay it if they are still around thirty years later. The entity making the promise is the same entity paying the pension.

When our state and city democrats promise their legions of public union workers a fat pension for the next fifty years in exchange for the votes that keep them in power, you might wave your hands around and try to claim it's the state and city paying those pensions, but it's not. Those pensions are being paid by homeowners in the state and city fifty years from now. Even in terms of today, most of those people do NOT consent to these fucking pensions. Then when the pensions start to bankrupt the entire government, the democrat government starts raising taxes on residents to pay for shit that none of the residents consented to. So what happens? The residents pack their shit and leave.

Because the only way you can pay those pensions in places like Detroit and Chicago in perpetuity is to literally go full-Marxist and refuse to let people leave.
I know, Democrats are all a bunch of unscrupulous degenerates.

But from the perspective of the employee, these are not two different things. They are two very, very, similar (dare I say, exactly the same) things.

They absolutely are two different things. The ability to pay those pensions rests on the consent of the homeowners. They refuse their consent by moving the fuck away from those places. Who pays then? Who pays Detroit's pensions after the city dies?

A corporation that promises pensions cannot simply move away. They still owe the pensions.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:56 am

I've posted this link elsewhere on MHF. Here's a good resource if you are interested in a good blog/aggregator: http://pensiontsunami.com/

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:59 am

C-Mag wrote:
My intent was State employee pensions.
http://reason.com/archives/2017/07/14/d ... ns-to-defl
Reason.com is pissy about generous public employee pensions?

Quelle friggin' surprise. ;)
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:02 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: They absolutely are two different things. The ability to pay those pensions rests on the consent of the homeowners. They refuse their consent by moving the fuck away from those places. Who pays then? Who pays Detroit's pensions after the city dies?

A corporation that promises pensions cannot simply move away. They still owe the pensions.
Like I said, from the employee's perspective, same thing.

You clock into your brutalist labyrinth everyday with the expectation that your contract will be honored when you retire.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:05 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: They absolutely are two different things. The ability to pay those pensions rests on the consent of the homeowners. They refuse their consent by moving the fuck away from those places. Who pays then? Who pays Detroit's pensions after the city dies?

You clock into your brutalist labyrinth everyday with the expectation that your contract will be honored when you retire.

No, it's not the same thing. Public union employee retirees are demanding that homeowners pay their fat pensions, many of whom had nothing to do with granting them those ridiculous pensions. A corporation granted pensions to their employees as part of compensation. The person promising the pensions and the person paying them are one in the same in the context of a private corporation. That is not at all the case for those unfunded pensions for government sector employees. Those unfunded pensions are a fucking racket.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:19 am

No, it's not the same thing. Public union employee retirees are demanding that homeowners pay their fat pensions, many of whom had nothing to do with granting them those ridiculous pensions. A corporation granted pensions to their employees as part of compensation. The person promising the pensions and the person paying them are one in the same in the context of a private corporation. That is not at all the case for those unfunded pensions for government sector employees. Those unfunded pensions are a fucking racket.
Yes, you have already pointed out the differences. I am capable of reading them the first time.

Your complaints with public employee compensation packages are duly noted.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:21 am

That which can't continue, won't.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:26 am

Yes, you have already pointed out the differences. I am capable of reading them the first time.

Your complaints with public employee compensation packages are duly noted.

It is not complaint. It is plain fact. Residents will move away rather than pay high taxes for literally no increased public services in return.

The typical resident does not look at this as obligation at all. They see taxes as the cost for government services, order, safety, education, etc. If you keep raising taxes to fund these insane pensions, with not only no corresponding increase in services but probably stark reductions, people will move. Why should I have to pay plus ten percent property taxes, with rates rising each year to pay the six digit pensions to school teachers and sanitation workers? I will move. Thanks but no thanks. I did not promise these people a wealthy retirement.