The internet takeover thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The internet takeover thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:15 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:33 pm
oh, was it really? what were the real statistics?
CNN says sixty forty in favor of Trump. Assume those numbers are falsified in her favor.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:18 pm

What, the veteran vote? I was trying to get statistics from outside the veteran vote, after you said their general election votes are tinged by the votes of non-veterans.
There are no statistics that show what an election would look like if only military voted, because any candidate in a major election that a veteran would be voting for only got there by the votes of the non-military
Their political donations were what I thought of first. Do you have more accurate numbers to reflect their 2016 donations? I'm not surprised they supported Trump, I am surprised that they supported Bernie Sanders so heavily, if those numbers I linked to are accurate

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:28 pm

:lol:

Are you fucking kidding me? IF they are accurate?

You're a hoot, dude.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:05 pm

What numbers are you looking for? Surely not the ones I said don't exist, right?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:10 pm

Oh, you're talking about money.

As of 2017, Trump had the enlisted male support, and female officers were not in favor of him.

Even if all of the numbers are true, which of course they're not, it would make sense for female officers to be able to donate more money than enlisted males, and that money would go to leftists.

Trump won the military vote, but that's not really what we were talking about.

Hey look at it this way, that weirdo dem vet that ran in 2016 could've been the dem candidate if it was only vets voting. I think even people on the right thought he was tolerable.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Trump won spending only a fraction of the arsenal Clinton spent. W already knew this. If dollars were votes, then maybe you'd have a point.

Trump's victory also vindicated Citizen's United, btw.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:24 pm
Trump won spending only a fraction of the arsenal Clinton spent. W already knew this. If dollars were votes, then maybe you'd have a point.

I can’t believe how little this fact is discussed. It was supposed to be the year f the Super PAC but it just fizzled when Trump flipped the game board. Suddenly it all went quiet and all the chicken little campaign reform doomsday prophets went poof. Dan was one of them.
Today it’s like it never happened.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Wasn't trying to make a hard point, merely offering additional information since it was asserted that the general election veteran votes are tinged by non-veterans voting in the primaries. A fair observation. Another fair observation is that military donations appear to favor anti-war, or atleast less pro-war, candidates during the primaries. Same was true in 2012, perhaps those are the type of candidates they would support in an election vaccuum.

Also I don't disagree on the Citizens United ruling. I think either all money or no money should be allowed in politics, not sure how the latter would practically play out

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:52 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Wasn't trying to make a hard point, merely offering additional information since it was asserted that the general election veteran votes are tinged by non-veterans voting in the primaries. A fair observation. Another fair observation is that military donations appear to favor anti-war, or atleast less pro-war, candidates during the primaries. Same was true in 2012, perhaps those are the type of candidates they would support in an election vaccuum.

Also I don't disagree on the Citizens United ruling. I think either all money or no money should be allowed in politics, not sure how the latter would practically play out
That said, from April through June, Paul fielded more than $25,000 from individuals who listed their employer as a branch of the military.

Combined, six other Republican presidential candidates listed donations from members of the military totaling about $9,000. Our most-to-least breakdown: Herman Cain, $2,850; Mitt Romney, $2,750; Michele Bachmann, $2,250; Newt Gingrich, $500; and Tim Pawlenty and Rick Santorum, $250 each.

On the Democratic side, Obama’s campaign received more than $16,000 in donations from members of the military.

https://www.politifact.com/texas/statem ... -him-far-/