Public School Education System Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Fife wrote:I'm not interested in banning your minority position. Just keep in the free speech zone and get the appropriate licenses.
Something I thought about.

If we get rid of public schools, we have to get rid of truancy laws, right? That's the same dilemma as the ACA. Can't have a law requiring everyone to buy a product.

What's the effect of that? I think a lot of guys who go into trades would have been better off if they could have started earlier.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:23 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:
Kath wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:
These are public schools provided by the government. Teaching creationism within is a violation of church and state
You moved the goal posts. Your original point was we need the DoE or else the whole country would be forced to drop science in favor of creationism.

Get rid of the DoE and let the local governments do what's best at the local level. Sure, you will have small pockets of the country teaching bat shit crazy stuff from ever direction... and?
When was my original point ever that? When I talk about schools I'm talking about public schools, and in this case I was using GCF's example of Texas and Oklahoma schools teaching creationism.

And you don't see the problem with small pockets of the country teaching batshit crazy ideas while the rest of the country leaves them in the dirt? Why even be part of the same country then? We can't be the world leaders in everything in some parts while other parts are living in the Iron Age. This is exactly why we need Federal Departments. Its practically a national security issue
You have no idea what liberty is. Not a fucking clue.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:24 pm

If we abolished government involvement altogether, we'd fund schools locally through our churches. Especially since property taxes would fall by at least 60% if not more.

Basically, more kids would get the decent education provided to kids whose parents can afford to both pay private tuition and the bloated property tax bill for the steaming pile of poop down the road run by the democratic party.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fife wrote:I'm not interested in banning your minority position. Just keep in the free speech zone and get the appropriate licenses.
Something I thought about.

If we get rid of public schools, we have to get rid of truancy laws, right? That's the same dilemma as the ACA. Can't have a law requiring everyone to buy a product.

What's the effect of that? I think a lot of guys who go into trades would have been better off if they could have started earlier.
Good question... what does the law say on this topic?

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Hmmm.... so I have to go to the government (or government approved) school?? How is that a thing?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:56 pm

StCapps wrote:When religion gets mixed with public schools it works pretty well too, in fact better than public schools in which it gets kept in your selected church.
It most definitely does not. The top public schools in the U.S. are in Massachusetts, NJ and CT, which don't mix religion with education. Corporate transfers to Texas and OK (cited in a later post, and which do mix religion and education) are told they have to factor in the cost of private schools.
:royalty-queen:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:29 pm

mydogjesse wrote:It most definitely does not. The top public schools in the U.S. are in Massachusetts, NJ and CT, which don't mix religion with education.
Correlation does not equal causation. The teaching of creationism is not the deciding in the differences in education quality, it's just a pet peeve of the anti-religious. Did you ever stop to think that schools in states with the worst education were bad for reasons other than mixing religion and education?

In Canada we have a religious school system up here paid for with public funds, they are notably better than the non-religious public schools by a good margin. This myth of mixing religion and public schools leading to lower education standards does not bear out in reality and the people who most believe this myth are those who look down their noses at religious folks.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:40 pm

I would send a kid to Catholic school here just to get them away from the Left wing loonie bin that is the secular schools, secular schools have been totally taken over by radical SJW types, fuck all that noise, even as an Orangeman, I have more faith in the Papists to get the job done than I do the Leftards.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:45 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I would send a kid to Catholic school here just to get them away from the Left wing loonie bin that is the secular schools, secular schools have been totally taken over by radical SJW types, fuck all that noise, even as an Orangeman, I have more faith in the Papists to get the job done than I do the Leftards.
The Roman Catholics know what's up on the education tip. Best believe.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:51 pm

I didn't have kids, but if I did, rest assured that I would have been more than proud to send them off to school properly turned out in uniform flying the colours of St. Michael's, on this, the Papacy and I could find common ground.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:54 pm

That pricetag seems daunting. I'm still looking into it.