I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:33 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
This emphasis on race reeks of Satan's influence. A worldview that divides people based on skin color, and backs it up with worldly outcomes like money and prestige, is exactly the sort of deception we should expect from him. There is no other reason to follow this blatant rejection of God's word other than the wish to reap worldly rewards.
+1
St. Paul, to the Romans, wrote: For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness.
No human sacrifice required.
Man, someone should'a told God that, and saved Jesus the trouble. ;)
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:20 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
+1
No human sacrifice required.
Man, someone should'a told God that, and saved Jesus the trouble. ;)
That wasn't human sacrifice.

I wish you'd stop making light of it in that way.

Christ wasn't just another sinner like us who died. Not to Christians, anyway.

Flippantly disregarding the salvation offered in the death of Christ as no different than the murdering of children by folks like the Carthaginians, who did so regularly, is not taken as innocently as you might think it is.

Those offerings had, at their core, a belief that human life was sufficient to buy salvation. They thought so much of themselves that they thought the murder of mortals could buy salvation.

Christ's surrender was meant to dissuade us from that worldly thinking. We are supposed to let go of that belief in the importance of our own being.

Just as no one is brought to salvation through the acts of a man, no one is brought to salvation through the sacrifice of a man. There is only one path to salvation, and it isn't through human sacrifice of any sort. Nothing a man can pay will settle the account. The price of grace is not something any man can ever pay, not even with his life.

In the grand scheme of things, our lives aren't worth that much. Certainly not valuable enough to be traded for eternity. Not even white privilege will get you through that door.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 am

I'm not making light of it. It is a bit of pedantry, but Christ is supposed to have been fully human according to every standard interpretation I have ever encountered.

I think you are wrong in saying there is nothing at all of the Carthaginian's thoughts on human sacrifice in Christianity, ancient or modern. The point is that the Lamb of God was such a powerful sacrifice that it would to expiate all mankind for all time, not that it wasn't a human sacrifice. But it was a human sacrifice turned up to 11 because it was a human who was also God.

Why else is 'this is my blood that you drink, this is my flesh that you eat, do this in the remembrance of me' such an important part of Christian doxology? The reminder is required because we haven't actually changed as much as we would like to think from our gore-encrusted ancestors.

This:
is, exactly the point. It is not just the divinity, but the purity of Christ is key to the salvation, much in the same way children or virgins were supposed be more effective sacrifices than animals or captured enemies.

If you are accusing me of moral relativism because you think I am saying Carthaginian human sacrifice is exactly the same as Christ's martyrdom, then I haven't been especially clear. I think we are probably pretty similar to ancient people; not that everything they did, or we do, is morally equivalent, or that our world isn't immeasurably better for our moral and civic advancements.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:58 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I'm not making light of it. It is a bit of pedantry, but Christ is supposed to have been fully human according to every standard interpretation I have ever encountered.

I think you are wrong in saying there is nothing at all of the Carthaginian's thoughts on human sacrifice in Christianity, ancient or modern. The point is that the Lamb of God was such a powerful sacrifice that it would to expiate all mankind for all time, not that it wasn't a human sacrifice. But it was a human sacrifice turned up to 11 because it was a human who was also God.

Why else is 'this is my blood that you drink, this is my flesh that you eat, do this in the remembrance of me' such an important part of Christian doxology? The reminder is required because we haven't actually changed as much as we would like to think from our gore-encrusted ancestors.

This:
is, exactly the point. It is not just the divinity, but the purity of Christ is key to the salvation, much in the same way children or virgins were supposed be more effective sacrifices than animals or captured enemies.

If you are accusing me of moral relativism because you think I am saying Carthaginian human sacrifice is exactly the same as Christ's martyrdom, then I haven't been especially clear. I think we are probably pretty similar to ancient people; not that everything they did, or we do, is morally equivalent, or that our world isn't immeasurably better for our moral and civic advancements.
^^^^^^^
Most Racist Person on Here by Far
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:52 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:This is how it is: everybody needs to look out for their own interests. A man who professes to look after the interests of another group before his own earns zero trust from me. I instantly distrust that motherfucker, and rightly so.

Black people need to look after black interests. White people need to look after white interests. Expecting a white man to give a shit about what affects black people in general when it runs counter to his own interests is fucking ludicrous. It's just as ludicrous as demanding black people in Detroit give a shit about the opiate epidemic in white Appalachia.

None of this shit is going to work out until we all come to the table honestly as ourselves, looking out for ourselves, and coming to compromise and consensus.

There is nothing noble or honest or good about a white man who professes to put black people before himself. It's almost certainly dishonesty and predatory, but if not that, he's fucking mentally ill.
No, man.

No.

Stop going down this path. Satan is in your ear. Just because everyone else seems to be getting down in this mud does not mean you are supposed to do likewise.

Ignore Fife and grumps as well. It isn't about class either. There is one place you should be putting your faith, and it isn't in your skin color, your bank account, or the way this world treats you. None of that matters. It's all dust soon to be.

Let go of the world.
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
The consequences of not joining in with the current war for racial supremacy means potentially being a member of the group that loses that war. I get it. Shit in this world could get very bad for those people. There might even by a likelihood that it happens, but that is this world. Neither side of that war, the war that fights to destroy the other side, is one we are supposed to be participants in.
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
I don't see any reason to tie one's identity to one's race other than the worldly implications.

This emphasis on race reeks of Satan's influence. A worldview that divides people based on skin color, and backs it up with worldly outcomes like money and prestige, is exactly the sort of deception we should expect from him. There is no other reason to follow this blatant rejection of God's word other than the wish to reap worldly rewards.

Again, let go of the world.
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

/sermon

It's not about racial supremacy. I didn't say you should withhold compassion or charity for your fellow man. Nor is there anything incompatible with Christ. This is how the world worked, with only a few exceptions (that failed because of it), until very recently.

You don't go to a job interview looking out for the interests of the employer first when negotiating your salary. You try to get what is best for you and your employer tries to get the best deal for him. It is through that negotiation of the two parties trying to look out for their own self-interests that a compromise is met. If you went in there with the attitude that your employer is a victim and you should just underbid your salary from what he is offering, the system breaks down. Likewise, if the employer decides he loves his employees so much, he wants to pay them much more than they are worth, to the point that the business suffers, then the system breaks down.

High-minded politics are great, but in a multi-racial society, it's identity politics. You cannot possibly escape this reality because different races have completely different sets of interests and issues. These aren't just political differences, or class differences even.

Looking out for our interests is not evil. It's not wrong. It's what we all SHOULD be doing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Blacks, whites, Hispanics, and everybody else should look out for their own interests. All of those groups -- except for whites -- already do this.

This doesn't mean you should hate people of other races, or try to push through unjust policies upon them, or even see them as your enemies.

Currently, we have organizations that politically organize around mutual interests in labor (unions), in business (business lobbying groups), trades and professions (e.g. AMA), and so on, even including mutual interests in environment and civil rights. Are you really going to continue believing that people should be able to organize over every aspect of their identity except their race, as if race isn't also an important aspect of their political lives? There's nothing wrong with identity politics. We do it all the time. It's only when people do it around race that there is suddenly an issue with many, and even then it's only when white people do it -- every other racial group is encouraged..

Identity politics is baked into a representative democracy cake as well. A representative democracy is a kind of identity politic, by default, since a representative represents a geographical area. Your representative is supposed to negotiate with the other representatives and fight for the self-interest of your particular region of the country.

This cognitive dissonance when it comes to racial identity really needs to end. We no longer can afford the luxury of pretending like this is not a thing. We have to start looking out for our own self-interests, just like every other race is encouraged to do.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:57 am

“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: It's not about racial supremacy. I didn't say you should withhold compassion or charity for your fellow man. Nor is there anything incompatible with Christ. This is how the world worked, with only a few exceptions (that failed because of it), until very recently.

You don't go to a job interview looking out for the interests of the employer first when negotiating your salary. You try to get what is best for you and your employer tries to get the best deal for him. It is through that negotiation of the two parties trying to look out for their own self-interests that a compromise is met. If you went in there with the attitude that your employer is a victim and you should just underbid your salary from what he is offering, the system breaks down. Likewise, if the employer decides he loves his employees so much, he wants to pay them much more than they are worth, to the point that the business suffers, then the system breaks down.

High-minded politics are great, but in a multi-racial society, it's identity politics. You cannot possibly escape this reality because different races have completely different sets of interests and issues. These aren't just political differences, or class differences even.

Looking out for our interests is not evil. It's not wrong. It's what we all SHOULD be doing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Blacks, whites, Hispanics, and everybody else should look out for their own interests. All of those groups -- except for whites -- already do this.

This doesn't mean you should hate people of other races, or try to push through unjust policies upon them, or even see them as your enemies.

Currently, we have organizations that politically organize around mutual interests in labor (unions), in business (business lobbying groups), trades and professions (e.g. AMA), and so on, even including mutual interests in environment and civil rights. Are you really going to continue believing that people should be able to organize over every aspect of their identity except their race, as if race isn't also an important aspect of their political lives? There's nothing wrong with identity politics. We do it all the time. It's only when people do it around race that there is suddenly an issue with many, and even then it's only when white people do it -- every other racial group is encouraged..

Identity politics is baked into a representative democracy cake as well. A representative democracy is a kind of identity politic, by default, since a representative represents a geographical area. Your representative is supposed to negotiate with the other representatives and fight for the self-interest of your particular region of the country.

This cognitive dissonance when it comes to racial identity really needs to end. We no longer can afford the luxury of pretending like this is not a thing. We have to start looking out for our own self-interests, just like every other race is encouraged to do.
Wow. It’s the million monkeys at a million typewriters phenomenon manifest on MHF. This is, perhaps, the most insightful and clear breakdown of why I detest identity politics and why whites are exceedingly bad at it. The employee/employer metaphor - gold. The rational, non-hyperbolic analysis of what is at play - flawless.

It pains me that StA wrote this, but when he’s right, he’s right. This may be the most right I’ve seen him be.
:clap:

PS: I still say reject identity politics, refuse to play, shame those who do. But if the only choice is to play, then use that StA post as a guideline. But don’t play. Reject.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:54 am

I don't understood how Christians make distinctions between people based on their skin color, as opposed to their behavior. We have Matthew 22:39 and Luke 10:25-37. You can say you can still be "charitable," but buying into a race-based civil struggle is in my view inimical to the heart of the Christian message. You can say you are merely being pragmatic, but Christ placed the call to Holiness over pragmatic concerns (Luke 9:59-62).

The call of Christ is radical. If you want to play to the "system" and "how things work," do so at your own cognitive dissonance and spiritual peril.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:01 am

It isn't about discrimination. It's about the fact that racial groups possess unique self-interest in the same way regional groups do, or professional groups for that matter.

You don't accuse lawyers of being un-Christian because they belong to a lobby group that represents the interests of lawyers. You don't accuse the people of Nebraska of a lack of charity for electing congressmen who look out for the interests of Nebraskans rather than Floridians.

Most interesting to me: nobody accuses blacks of a lack of charity for having a black caucus, or the NAACP. It's only when whites look out for their self-interest that suddenly people start speaking for God's wrath.

Very interesting..

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:It isn't about discrimination. It's about the fact that racial groups possess unique self-interest in the same way regional groups do, or professional groups for that matter.

You don't accuse lawyers of being un-Christian because they belong to a lobby group that represents the interests of lawyers. You don't accuse the people of Nebraska of a lack of charity for electing congressmen who look out for the interests of Nebraskans rather than Floridians.

Most interesting to me: nobody accuses blacks of a lack of charity for having a black caucus, or the NAACP. It's only when whites look out for their self-interest that suddenly people start speaking for God's wrath.

Very interesting..
The African American Community voting block has committed itself to have but one purpose: Better the lives of fellow African Americans however they deem fit. It has nothing to do with a commitment to "traditional American values". Their path forward can not be constrained by the Constitution because that is nothing more than trash old, slave-owning, white guys wrote which invalidates it.

I really don't see how white people continue to deny the fact that minorities are using guilt to coerce white people to hurt their own communities in favor of others.

I wonder if we never bused kids from inner-city schools, if the school system would be better? Would impoverished communities take more drastic actions to improve their condition if they had no other choice?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama