NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:49 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Can somebody explain why the playoffs are on at so fucking late?? I can't be up until 2 am on work nights. This is bullshit.

Fife - looking forward to the first round as always. ;) you might have to tell me the damn scores in the morning though.
Blame the West Coast.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:36 pm

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Can somebody explain why the playoffs are on at so fucking late?? I can't be up until 2 am on work nights. This is bullshit.

Fife - looking forward to the first round as always. ;) you might have to tell me the damn scores in the morning though.
Blame the West Coast.
Who the fuck is watching hockey in prime time on the west coast??
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:54 pm

I love late night hockey, first round is the best round, hockey, hockey, hockey, all playoff hockey, all the time, it's hockey heaven, if your team doesn't advance to the next round, there's no point in even watching, the later rounds are so fuckin' boring, because it's all structure structure structure, coaches hockey rather than players hockey, chip it in, chip it out, wash rinse repeat, nobody takes any risks, they're all in full on safety measures mode, and by the time you get to the finals, it's unwatchable, if you're team isn't playing, and so you're not emotionally invested, the Stanley Cup Finals are the most boring hockey of all.

The first round is a panoply of hockey, four games a night every night, and there are mismatches, and people are still making mistakes, it's action packed, after the first round, everything tightens up and it goes Zzzzzzzzz....
Nec Aspera Terrent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:14 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I love late night hockey, first round is the best round, hockey, hockey, hockey, all playoff hockey, all the time, it's hockey heaven, if your team doesn't advance to the next round, there's no point in even watching, the later rounds are so fuckin' boring, because it's all structure structure structure, coaches hockey rather than players hockey, chip it in, chip it out, wash rinse repeat, nobody takes any risks, they're all in full on safety measures mode, and by the time you get to the finals, it's unwatchable, if you're team isn't playing, and so you're not emotionally invested, the Stanley Cup Finals are the most boring hockey of all.

The first round is a panoply of hockey, four games a night every night, and there are mismatches, and people are still making mistakes, it's action packed, after the first round, everything tightens up and it goes Zzzzzzzzz....
If it's the Pens vs the Blackhawks or Caps vs Blackhawks it could be interesting for most hockey fans. My hope for the Pens are not super high because of the shit ton of injuries that we've been dealt.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:16 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
If it's the Pens vs the Blackhawks or Caps vs Blackhawks it could be interesting for most hockey fans. My hope for the Pens are not super high because of the shit ton of injuries that we've been dealt.
Yeah, Letang going down, that seems like something that will catch up with them eventually, Sidney can carry a lot on his shoulders, but he can't play Number 1 Center and Number 1 Defenceman at the same time, he can put in thirty minutes a night, but he can't be in two places at once.

Between the two of them, it would actually be better to lose Crosby, you've got Malkin and Kessel to score, but you only have one Letang.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Rangers working the pipes. Cmon I need some insurance.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:18 pm

clubgop wrote:Rangers working the pipes. Cmon I need some insurance.
That Tanner Glass backhand was dirty. Price keeping the Habs within a goal with solid goaltending at this point, slow start for the Habs.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:16 pm

StCapps wrote:
clubgop wrote:Rangers working the pipes. Cmon I need some insurance.
That Tanner Glass backhand was dirty. Price keeping the Habs within a goal with solid goaltending at this point, slow start for the Habs.
Typical Rangers, Score a quick one early, then Lindquist stands on his head for 40 minutes.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Nice, beating the Habs at their own game, they've had trouble scoring all year, King Henrik could win this series all on his own.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:46 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Nice, beating the Habs at their own game, they've had trouble scoring all year, King Henrik could win this series all on his own.
We'll my Pens won. Thank God we did not trade Fleury! I guess Murray's status update will be announced today at some point. This injury plague can go away any day now! :x
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi: