HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

de officiis

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by de officiis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:16 am

California wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
California wrote: So is Bollelli a hack because he only has 3 BAs?
I never said Boleli is a hack. In fact, I argued quite the opposite, pointing out that his formalized degrees put him in a better place to make history podcast than Dan. I am not telling anyone on this forum what to do or who to listen to. I'm simply putting the information out there for you to make the choice. Listening to Dan's podcasts will cause you ruin. I failed several classes because I used Hardcore History podcasts as a source for term papers. It was only after the professor explained to me that Dan Carlin's recordings are not acceptable in the bibliography that I did some digging. What I found shocked me. These were not cheap lessons to learn. Dan has already cost me thousands of dollars in classes I had to retake and potential jobs where I blew the interview because I tried quoting Prophets of Doom. A few years back, I was getting ready for a big interview at a custodial job I had applied for. I kept trying to download The American Peril but iTunes wouldn't sync up properly with my iphone and I was delayed trying to fix the problem. This delay made me miss my bus, which subsequently made me miss my interview and cost me the job. When I emailed Dan, I was diplomatic, and I told him that I was not asking for the world. Since his poorly designed product did not work properly, and caused me to lose a great job with benefits, he was on the hook for helping me financially. I only asked him for a few hundred dollars to help me pay down some credit card debt, but he never even responded to my email. I know for a fact he reads those emails too. I ended up getting my car repo'd six months later, but I can't fully blame Dan for that one.
Bollelli and Dan have the same degree

And you can shove your fake stories up your ass
1+ Fake story/mega-exaggeration BS is getting a little old

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:49 am

C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Found it:

https://history-podcasts.com/two-cent-history

That was a great podcast.
That was outstanding!

He really got me researching the real revolution, not the Founding Fathers masturbations session we were all taught. I still give props to those guys, but they co-opted a movement that was much deeper.
Chills were had. Another Carlin appears!
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:57 am

He fell off the radar after doing that series. He was really very good at it. Dan kind of gave him the cold shoulder and I think he felt awkward producing more material.

It would be awesome if he got back into it.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:He fell off the radar after doing that series. He was really very good at it. Dan kind of gave him the cold shoulder and I think he felt awkward producing more material.

Yeah, he really emulated Carlin in tone and pace, but the content was fantastic.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Yeah, I dropped that guy a C-note right quick, but *poof* he disappeared--too bad.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:48 pm

California wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
California wrote: So is Bollelli a hack because he only has 3 BAs?
I never said Boleli is a hack. In fact, I argued quite the opposite, pointing out that his formalized degrees put him in a better place to make history podcast than Dan. I am not telling anyone on this forum what to do or who to listen to. I'm simply putting the information out there for you to make the choice. Listening to Dan's podcasts will cause you ruin. I failed several classes because I used Hardcore History podcasts as a source for term papers. It was only after the professor explained to me that Dan Carlin's recordings are not acceptable in the bibliography that I did some digging. What I found shocked me. These were not cheap lessons to learn. Dan has already cost me thousands of dollars in classes I had to retake and potential jobs where I blew the interview because I tried quoting Prophets of Doom. A few years back, I was getting ready for a big interview at a custodial job I had applied for. I kept trying to download The American Peril but iTunes wouldn't sync up properly with my iphone and I was delayed trying to fix the problem. This delay made me miss my bus, which subsequently made me miss my interview and cost me the job. When I emailed Dan, I was diplomatic, and I told him that I was not asking for the world. Since his poorly designed product did not work properly, and caused me to lose a great job with benefits, he was on the hook for helping me financially. I only asked him for a few hundred dollars to help me pay down some credit card debt, but he never even responded to my email. I know for a fact he reads those emails too. I ended up getting my car repo'd six months later, but I can't fully blame Dan for that one.

More personal attacks and threats. I'm going to take the high road.

Look, I get why people like Dan. He's a charismatic guy. In the age of fake news and world building that takes place in politics and media, people feel assured when someone, anyone, can confidently tell them what happened in the past, especially since the future and the present are up in the air. But Dan is a false prophet. He does not understand the past, because in order to understand the past, you need more than a bachelor's in military history. I have done some digging on Dan, and even his undergraduate qualifications are not what they appear. He got C's in most of his history classes, and he skipped most of the lectures, only showing up for tests, and due dates for papers. What was he doing with his time? What was more important than learning about the subject on which he claims to be an expert? I have not received a satisfactory answer. I thought I had bad intel, so I emailed Dan and asked him to release his undergraduate transcripts. He never responded back. Are you noticing a pattern?

I have already lost a lot listening to hardcore history, but you don't have to. If you want to hate me for being honest, you can. I am strong enough to take it. Society has always felt the need to punish dangerous truth tellers like Socrates and Galileo, but they are vindicated by posterity. 20 million people are lied to by Dan every time he releases a new episode. If I can change the lives of even 1 of those people, it will all have been worth it. I do my part by not supporting the show, and you can too. If you have social media, you should encourage people not to give Dan any money until he comes clean about his past and agrees to run every potential topic by trained historians. Its a long path, but together we can make a better past for everyone.
Shikata ga nai

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:43 pm

You should get help.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:45 pm

heydaralon wrote:Its a long path, but together we can make a better past for everyone.
:lol:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:43 am

heydaralon wrote:
California wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

More personal attacks and threats. I'm going to take the high road.

Look, I get why people like Dan. He's a charismatic guy. In the age of fake news and world building that takes place in politics and media, people feel assured when someone, anyone, can confidently tell them what happened in the past, especially since the future and the present are up in the air. But Dan is a false prophet. He does not understand the past, because in order to understand the past, you need more than a bachelor's in military history. I have done some digging on Dan, and even his undergraduate qualifications are not what they appear. He got C's in most of his history classes, and he skipped most of the lectures, only showing up for tests, and due dates for papers. What was he doing with his time? What was more important than learning about the subject on which he claims to be an expert? I have not received a satisfactory answer. I thought I had bad intel, so I emailed Dan and asked him to release his undergraduate transcripts. He never responded back. Are you noticing a pattern?

I have already lost a lot listening to hardcore history, but you don't have to. If you want to hate me for being honest, you can. I am strong enough to take it. Society has always felt the need to punish dangerous truth tellers like Socrates and Galileo, but they are vindicated by posterity. 20 million people are lied to by Dan every time he releases a new episode. If I can change the lives of even 1 of those people, it will all have been worth it. I do my part by not supporting the show, and you can too. If you have social media, you should encourage people not to give Dan any money until he comes clean about his past and agrees to run every potential topic by trained historians. Its a long path, but together we can make a better past for everyone.
Crednetialed expoerts never fuck up right? Just look at the reputation of the US government.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:08 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:He fell off the radar after doing that series. He was really very good at it. Dan kind of gave him the cold shoulder and I think he felt awkward producing more material.

How in your words did Dan give him the cold shoulder exactly?
The good, the true, & the beautiful