NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:There is no "big", it's not a question of "big" or "small", you either is, or you ain't, and since you didn't grow up in Quebec City with the Nords as your mothers milk, you even do think of it that way, because you're not really a fan, you don't even know what it is, there's no need to overstate it when you are a true fan, mothers milk, "Leafs Fan" speaks for itself, says it all, no emphasis required.
Don't have to grow up in Quebec City to be a real Avs fan anymore than you have to have grown up in Toronto to be a real Leafs fan. Stop questioning my fandom like the pretentious snob of a Leafs fan that you are. Location of a franchise in comparison to where the fan grew up is not what separates the real fans from the fake ones, dumb ass.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:12 pm

StCapps wrote:Leafs fans are fucking insufferable pretentious snobs, and that's why everyone in Canada who isn't a Leafs fan loves to hate on you faggots and delight in your failures. Can't say that I blame them.
But that's what being a fan is all about, the fact that you're not really a fan and don't even have your own team, is probably why you obsess with hating on us Leafs fans, when we don't even notice you, you're not on the Leafs, you're not a Leafs fan, so you and every other Leafs hater out there, just doesn't matter. That's what really bothers all the Leafs haters, they're just trying to get our attention, because nobody pays any attention to them.

The Leafs are all that matters, at least outside of Quebec, most places the Leafs go, the Leaf fans outnumber the local teams fans, even in the US, and the Leafs are propping up all the other Canadian teams except the Habs, without the Leafs, they wouldn't even exist.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:But that's what being a fan is all about, the fact that you're not really a fan and don't even have your own team, is probably why you obsess with hating on us Leafs fans, when we don't even notice you, you're not on the Leafs, you're not a Leafs fan, so you and every other Leafs hater out there, just doesn't matter. That's what really bothers all the Leafs haters, they're just trying to get our attention, because nobody pays any attention to them.
We hate on the Leafs, because for the most part their fans are giant faggots, you read too much into it. It's fun to rub salt in their wounds because y'all deserve to have salt rubbed in your wounds for your jackassery, not because we are all secretly jealous of you. The holier than thou attitude doesn't help either.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:17 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:But that's what being a fan is all about, the fact that you're not really a fan and don't even have your own team, is probably why you obsess with hating on us Leafs fans, when we don't even notice you, you're not on the Leafs, you're not a Leafs fan, so you and every other Leafs hater out there, just doesn't matter. That's what really bothers all the Leafs haters, they're just trying to get our attention, because nobody pays any attention to them.
We hate on the Leafs, because their fans are faggots, you read too much into it.
Go ahead and waste your time hating us, it's not like we care, we don't hate any team, all we do is love, we just love the Leafs, even when they hurt us, we don't care about other teams, because we are the true fans, and a true fan, doesn't even notice the other teams fans, it's not about them, it's all about us.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Go ahead and waste your time hating us, it's not like we care, we don't hate any team, all we do is love, we just love the Leafs, even when they hurt us, we don't care about other teams, because we are the true fans, and a true fan, doesn't even notice the other teams fans, it's not about them, it's all about us.
Real fans enjoy the sport, and not just their team. You can have your cake and eat it too, but instead Leaf fans act like holier than thou snobs because they actually believe the world revolves around the Leafs. You get hated on because you think you are the only real fans and all fans of every other team are below you.

It isn't rocket surgery, Leafs fans are just full of yourselves and that rubs folks the wrong way. Derp.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Well, if you don't have your own team and you're not really a true fan, I guess you are reduced to saying things like "I'm a fan of the sport", but whatevs, I don't know what that's like, just because I love hockey, doesn't mean I'm tuning in to cheer for somebody elses team, that's not what true fans do, and if that's being "full of ourselves", mea culpa I guess, but it's not like we are going to apologize for being true fans.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:25 pm

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Well, if you don't have your own team and you're not really a true fan, I guess you are reduced to saying things like "I'm a fan of the sport", but whatevs, I don't know what that's like, just because I love hockey, doesn't mean I'm tuning in to cheer for somebody elses team, that's not what true fans do.
I only NHL team I cheer for is the Avs. I might prefer one team to beat another in a series that I don't have a dog in the race, but that doesn't mean I am tuning in to cheer on some other team. You can watch other teams while only cheering for the Leafs and still be a true fan, same goes for the Avs. You can also do that without being full of yourself like Leaf fans are.

So kindly knock off the no true scotsman bullshit.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Under what circumstances do you all think it's OK to change your team allegiance in any sport? I was a lifelong Blues fan (but not a hardcore hockey fan) until 1998, when Nashville made the scene.

It's kind of the same for the Titans for me, for the same reason. But otherwise, I don't tolerate johnny-come-latelys.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:33 pm

StCapps wrote:I only NHL team I cheer for is the Avs.
I might cheer for another team, it's not like I have prove my fandom by not cheering for another team, I'm a Leafs fan, there's no requirement to say "I only cheer for the Leafs", because if you're not playing the Leafs, maybe I will cheer for your team, depends, I mean, I can cheer for the Pens, but Pens fans know that doesn't make me a Pens fan, it's not about cheering, cheering doesn't mean anything, merely cheering for does not a fan make.
Nec Aspera Terrent