Trump's SCOTUS

Fife

Re: Trump's SCOTUS

Post by Fife » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:20 am

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:32 am

It's reassuring to have a conservative Supreme Court again but the cost was high. (I'm talking about a Trump presidency.) Feminism, Gays, Blacks & Globalism were the culprits; all social issues that ultimately mean nothing yet the Dems self-destructed over them?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:55 am

Martin Hash wrote:It's reassuring to have a conservative Supreme Court again but the cost was high. (I'm talking about a Trump presidency.) Feminism, Gays, Blacks & Globalism were the culprits; all social issues that ultimately mean nothing yet the Dems self-destructed over them?

I somewhat disagree. The cost was to the nomination process. We didn't get here on this event alone. Partisan actions over time in Congress got us here. Both parties when in power over the last 25 years have been slowly destroying the filibuster.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:13 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:It's reassuring to have a conservative Supreme Court again but the cost was high. (I'm talking about a Trump presidency.) Feminism, Gays, Blacks & Globalism were the culprits; all social issues that ultimately mean nothing yet the Dems self-destructed over them?

I somewhat disagree. The cost was to the nomination process. We didn't get here on this event alone. Partisan actions over time in Congress got us here. Both parties when in power over the last 25 years have been slowly destroying the filibuster.
Actually it wasn't the nomination process at all... we reverted back to the way it was before it was changed by the Democrat Party....
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:36 pm

The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Actually it wasn't the nomination process at all... we reverted back to the way it was before it was changed by the Democrat Party....
:? Educate Me
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:53 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... te/513782/
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:57 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I believe he is referring to Bork. That followed by what they tried to do with Thomas. And then they filibustered Alito but was broken.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Fuck the Senate Filibuster, y'all should nuke the whole thing, not just in certain situations, this shit is half measures.
*yip*

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:31 pm

The rule change means Gorsuch and all future Supreme Court nominees can be confirmed with a simple majority vote and will no longer face a 60-vote hurdle.
What goes around, comes around...

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:35 pm

de officiis wrote:
The rule change means Gorsuch and all future Supreme Court nominees can be confirmed with a simple majority vote and will no longer face a 60-vote hurdle.
What goes around, comes around...
Yeah. Expect justices to see tragic hunting accidents every time congress changes hands.

Seriously though, I'm thinking it's probably not the end of the world. Just a new chapter, or an old chapter rehashed.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751