International sports bar

Speaker to Animals

Re: International sports bar

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:31 pm

There need to be natty leagues for guys who don't want to use stuff like that. I am not knocking their devotion to natty, but it shouldn't come at the detriment of the entire sport. There's really nothing wrong with people using chemicals in a relatively safe fashion, which is pretty much all you would get in professional sports teams. Genetics are still the defining factor here, so it's not like you won't see the same rankings you see today. The games would simply be more interesting.

You shouldn't confuse what they do in professional sports with what some knucklehead does at the gym.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:38 pm

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:06 am

The betting line is getting ridiculous, the betting public does not have a clue what it's doing. Canelo was a bigger underdog according to the odds before he fought Floyd, and he had a much better chance than Conor does.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:18 am

StCapps wrote:The betting line is getting ridiculous, the betting public does not have a clue what it's doing. Canelo was a bigger underdog according to the odds before he fought Floyd, and he had a much better chance than Conor does.
It's nuts. The crowd favorite is definitely McGregor. My American Boy is going to kick that scrappy Irishman's Arse!

I still don't think this is a great fight to take for Mayweather. Even though McGregor has few advantages in the tale of the tape. McGregor has a couple inches of reach, is a Southpaw and is 12 years younger. That's all he has. IMO, it's actually McGregor that has to come out like a buzz saw. He's never worked this length of fight before.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:20 am

C-Mag wrote:
StCapps wrote:The betting line is getting ridiculous, the betting public does not have a clue what it's doing. Canelo was a bigger underdog according to the odds before he fought Floyd, and he had a much better chance than Conor does.
It's nuts. The crowd favorite is definitely McGregor. My American Boy is going to kick that scrappy Irishman's Arse!

I still don't think this is a great fight to take for Mayweather. Even though McGregor has few advantages in the tale of the tape. McGregor has a couple inches of reach, is a Southpaw and is 12 years younger. That's all he has. IMO, it's actually McGregor that has to come out like a buzz saw. He's never worked this length of fight before.
What about "the easiest win, for the most money" doesn't convince you that it's the best possible fight for him to take? Being a southpaw, with a two inch longer reach ,who is 11 years younger., that just isn't enough to make it bad fight for him to take. Only if he somehow were to lose to MacGregor, would it be a bad fight for him to take, and the chances of that are far smaller than they'd be if he fought anyone else. There is no better fight for Mayweather at this time, straight up.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:43 am

I have a feeling McGregor is going to win, though it's obviously not going to be easy.

Also, refusing to take a good fight because it's "bad for you" is a pussy move. Mayweather displayed honor here.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:47 am

MacGregor has got a puncher's chance, but other boxers have had far better puncher's chance against Floyd and none of them have ever cashed in on it. If Floyd isn't completely shot, old overnight kind of thing, then Macgregor's chances are not good at all, and even in that best case scenario for Conor, Floyd will still probably win.

You sure about that gut feeling? Never bet with your heart, bet with your brain. This is Conor's first twelve round professional boxing match, and it's against the greatest boxer of a generation, if Conor actually pulls it off, it will be even more unlikely and impressive than Rocky going to a split decision against Apollo Creed, and that was a movie contrived to be the ultimate underdog story. Lets be real about how ludicrous it would actually be if Conor pulled it off, move over Buster Douglas, you ain't shit compared to that theoretical upset. MacGregor beating Mayweather would be the biggest upset in boxing history, and the next closest upset wouldn't even be close.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:00 am

StCapps wrote:MacGregor has got a puncher's chance, but other boxers have had far better puncher's chance against Floyd and none of them have ever cashed in on it. If Floyd isn't completely shot, old overnight kind of thing, then Macgregor's chances are not good at all, and even in that best case scenario for Conor, Floyd will still probably win.

You sure about that gut feeling? Never bet with your heart, bet with your brain. This is Conor's first twelve round professional boxing match, and it's against the greatest boxer of a generation, if Conor actually pulls it off, it will be even more unlikely and impressive than Rocky going to a split decision against Apollo Creed, and that was a movie contrived to be the ultimate underdog story. Lets be real about how ludicrous it would actually be if Conor pulled it off, move over Buster Douglas, you ain't shit compared to that theoretical upset. MacGregor beating Mayweather would be the biggest upset in boxing history, and the next closest upset wouldn't even be close.

I'm hardly an expert on boxing or MMA. It's just a feeling I have. Maybe I am wrong. But I can usually smell an SJW shitstorm coming, and I smell it here in the wake of McGregor winning the match. It might make all the racial tensions even worse.

It's almost like the Fates really love fucking with the SJWs at this point.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:02 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I'm hardly an expert on boxing or MMA. It's just a feeling I have. Maybe I am wrong. But I can usually smell an SJW shitstorm coming, and I smell it here in the wake of McGregor winning the match.
Who cares about the SJW shitstorm? The shitstorm that would ensue among fight fans, and even those who didn't even watch the fight live, that would be something to behold. SJWs have nothing to talk about in the wake of an upset, they'll be drowned out by infinitely more interesting discussions that everyone else is having, bet that. The SJWs won't get a word in edgewise, if that happened. Not everything is about SJWs dude, their reaction to a MacGregor upset wouldn't even be the slightest bit interesting.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
StCapps wrote:MacGregor has got a puncher's chance, but other boxers have had far better puncher's chance against Floyd and none of them have ever cashed in on it. If Floyd isn't completely shot, old overnight kind of thing, then Macgregor's chances are not good at all, and even in that best case scenario for Conor, Floyd will still probably win.

I'm hardly an expert on boxing or MMA. It's just a feeling I have. Maybe I am wrong. But I can usually smell an SJW shitstorm coming, and I smell it here in the wake of McGregor winning the match. It might make all the racial tensions even worse.

It's almost like the Fates really love fucking with the SJWs at this point.

I'm not betting, but if I did, I'd bet on Mayweather, but mostly on being a homer. I felt the same thing when I was saying this is a stupid fight for Mayweather, nothing to win and everything to lose. McGregor has nothing to lose, NOTHING. Which makes him dangerous.

The age thing, could be a problem. But it probably rests on Mayweather not taking this fight too lightly. Like Rocky against Hulke Hogan, the Ultimate Man :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO