The Chapel

DrYouth

Re: The Chapel

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You really don't have to get weak until you are in your late sixties.
I regular see super fit elderly folks at the cross country ski facilities around here.
They regularly pass my wife and I on the trails.
I mean, I guess they have lots of time to train... while we only get out a couple of times a season.
I can see staying fit as old guy doing that kind of thing.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:01 pm

But yes...

The body is a temple.

Although it can also be a false idol.

Somewhere in there is the right relationship...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:06 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:You really don't have to get weak until you are in your late sixties.
I regular see super fit elderly folks at the cross country ski facilities around here.
They regularly pass my wife and I on the trails.
I mean, I guess they have lots of time to train... while we only get out a couple of times a season.
I can see staying fit as old guy doing that kind of thing.

You just have to find something you love doing. For me, it keeps the terrible chronic pain at bay. I get extreme negative reinforcement for not training and rehabilitating. But I found stuff I like to do.

I would strongly suggest some of you check out GMB's Elements program. That's a pretty simple start that you can do at home. No equipment needed. You can add a simple calisthenics program to that from something like the book Convict Conditioning, using just the six core progressions he outlines in the book (push ups, pull ups, handstand push ups, bridges, and hanging leg raises). If you want to add a little bit of resistance and cardio at once, pick up some kettlebells. Bam. You have a good hour of work to do each night right there in your own home. To that, I would strongly advise adding either running or jump rope, but conditioning is not as important as strength and keeping fat off your body, in my opinion.

You do NOT have to let yourself go in middle age. Quite the opposite, actually. You can get away with an unhealthy life for a long time. Once you get middle age.. it's time to turn your shit around fast.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:08 pm

You lack the Faustian spirit. Put down the Buddhist books and go out on the trail. Conquer your limits. Push your body to its limits and lose yourself in the moment. Pain is your bitch. If you don't make it back home on the trail in five minutes you will die from exposure and it will all have been for naught. You will have failed your progeny if you so much as pause to think about how thirsty you are for water.

That is the true Nordic Faustian spirit. Fuck your hippy dippy meditations.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Or just till some land, fix the house, and turn compost. That’s like low-intensity workouts every weekend. ;)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Transforming your body is extremely addictive once you get some progress. That's for sure. It's not really vanity either. It's sort of spiritual in a way. I guess I can see the point of why he allowed this to happen in this way. What I learn from this translates over to spiritual warfare as well.

I suspect Andrew gets something similar from martial arts.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:51 am

Had two Jehovah's Witnesses come to the door last night, inviting us to a celebration of Jesus' death on 3/31. Anyone know what that's about?

I've had many Mormon's knock on my door over the decades and have never had an issue; never left a bad taste in my mouth. This was my first twosome of JW's. The impression I got was Stepford Wives. A bit creepy.
Account abandoned.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:57 am

I always thought he was supposed to have died the Friday before Easter.

Dying on a Saturday? Bad form, hit the bricks Witnesses. :snooty:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:02 am

Build a decent murder hole into your house/castle and always have plenty of boiling oil.

http://cdn-3.medievalchronicles.com/wp- ... jpg?e2299c
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.