The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Kazmyr

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Kazmyr » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:59 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I've heard good things, but the matchmaking is shit.
It really is. Ubisoft screwed the pooch on this one (these issues were present during the Closed Beta).

However, the combat system is AWESOME. Makes the shitty matchmaking worth it. The visuals in the game are fantastic as well.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:06 am

I haven't played an Ubisoft game since AssCreed II. I really don't like what they're doing with the DRM system. Also, they seem to just do sloppy-ass, commercialized work like EA.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Kazmyr wrote:Bumping this for For Honor.

Only downside to this game is the networking/connectivity is so spotty. Nothing like going through matchmaking to get dropped right as the game starts and rinse/repeat.
I dumped my pre-order because I saw this during the beta. I put that money towards Has Been Heros and Deformers.
#NotOneRedCent

katarn

Post by katarn » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:32 pm

Anyone ever play the Fire Emblem series? Its Nintendo, but it can offer great tactics challenges and encourages critical thinking.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:28 am

The Conservative wrote: I dumped my pre-order because I saw this during the beta. I put that money towards Has Been Heros and Deformers.
I've heard the single player campaign is also rushed (Haven't bothered with it yet).

It's clear Ubisoft focused on the actual PvP mechanics without too much thorough investigation and thought into how people were actually going to connect and play each other.

But like I said above, dropped connections aside, this game is still fun as hell.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:26 am

Kazmyr wrote:
The Conservative wrote: I dumped my pre-order because I saw this during the beta. I put that money towards Has Been Heros and Deformers.
I've heard the single player campaign is also rushed (Haven't bothered with it yet).

It's clear Ubisoft focused on the actual PvP mechanics without too much thorough investigation and thought into how people were actually going to connect and play each other.

But like I said above, dropped connections aside, this game is still fun as hell.
I got annoyed at how the PvP seemed too linear if that makes sense? I just feel like it's another PvP with moving borders... the game itself is an after thought.
#NotOneRedCent

apeman

Post by apeman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:34 am

Anybody play the new Deus Ex?

First game I've encountered that I can't play on ultra at 60 fps, the graphics and atmosphere I simply amazing, I could crouch walk around future Prague all day.

Really gritty, techno cyber-punk whatever feel, story is about augmented humans versus vanilla humans and all the tensions and issues that causes, game is pretty cool.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:52 am

The Conservative wrote: I got annoyed at how the PvP seemed too linear if that makes sense? I just feel like it's another PvP with moving borders... the game itself is an after thought.
I guess if you look at it broadly? In terms of find someone, try to kill someone, repeat until win? Is that what you mean? Or is it more cause it feels like a fighting game?

I personally like trying to tailor my strategy to the opponent (Bot vs. Player (and their playstyle), Is it Assassin/Hybrid/Heavy/Vanguard, Environmental Factors (Spikes, Ledges, Fire), Game Type, Feints, etc.).

For me, it's like a fighting game meets a MOBA (for Dominion mode), with bits of Demons's's's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne style combat mixed in.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Pretty much: find, kill, rinse, repeat. I've played all the games you've mentioned, and right now... I am far from amused with this game.

Graphics are great, but good graphics take a game only so far.
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:40 pm