Social Justice Warriors Thread

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:21 am

C-Mag wrote:My point on all this is, What do we believe in as Americans. What commonalities do we have that we can unite around.

IMO, those commonalities have been under direct assault for a long time, and we've lost our common ground. We need to re-establish some common ground to move forward. Simply picking our tribe will lead to feudalization. That's not the future I want for out country.
For a country whose founding was accompanied by reams of writing from the worlds finest intellectuals of the day, often in glowing support, it shouldn't be too hard to pin down a couple of ideals.

I've just been rereading the Federalist Papers for a bit of fun. John Jay was really pumped about uniting so we could use treaties and such to stick it to the French and English, and fuck with their shipping lanes.

Maybe we could start there?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
C-Mag wrote:My point on all this is, What do we believe in as Americans. What commonalities do we have that we can unite around.

IMO, those commonalities have been under direct assault for a long time, and we've lost our common ground. We need to re-establish some common ground to move forward. Simply picking our tribe will lead to feudalization. That's not the future I want for out country.
For a country whose founding was accompanied by reams of writing from the worlds finest intellectuals of the day, often in glowing support, it shouldn't be too hard to pin down a couple of ideals.

I've just been rereading the Federalist Papers for a bit of fun. John Jay was really pumped about uniting so we could use treaties and such to stick it to the French and English, and fuck with their shipping lanes.

The problem is a general disintegration of society, imo. The principles are taught, but not thought about, and never referenced in popular discussion. TV shows ignore them on a regular basis, and the truth is 'whatever-they-did-on-tv', with nothing else considered.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:29 am

Yeah, why not.
Our crony capitalism in the US today is no different than the global trade companies of their day. And 90% of this country is getting shafted by Crony Capitalism.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:35 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

The problem is a general disintegration of society, imo. The principles are taught, but not thought about, and never referenced in popular discussion. TV shows ignore them on a regular basis, and the truth is 'whatever-they-did-on-tv', with nothing else considered.
Nah. None of that is new. People have been complaining about how uneducated and ignorant the plebs were since day one, and we lasted way past day two.

I mean shit. We all talk here, and for all the disagreement, sometimes nasty language, and zero moderation, we can come back the next day and be civil, even jocular. And we got some filthy foreigners too. What values do we all share that makes that possible? Our disagreements aren't less vigorous than the disagreements in America at large. And it may hurt our egos, but I doubt we represent a uniquely educated, intellectually special, group of serene interlocutors.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:36 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: The problem is a general disintegration of society, imo. The principles are taught, but not thought about, and never referenced in popular discussion. TV shows ignore them on a regular basis, and the truth is 'whatever-they-did-on-tv', with nothing else considered.
Some of this is the typical life cycle of Empires. We are 240 years old, right at that point that Empires either implode or go through some massive reformation and get a new lease in life. To me, that is our task, for us right now in this country. It's a huge responsibility.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:40 am

C-Mag wrote:

Yeah, why not.
Our crony capitalism in the US today is no different than the global trade companies of their day. And 90% of this country is getting shafted by Crony Capitalism.
You know who would be excited to talk about the evils of cronyism? Critical race theory majors.

That's another thing we can have in common with people we think are totally unreachable.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:48 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Another thing..

When they complain about too many white people.. instead of getting pissed, maybe take that at face value too. That would fucking suck. Ask Nukedog how that feels every day, to be the minority everywhere you go.

The further this proceeds, the closer we are going to get to prison rules. We will become much more tribal, which is exactly how Romans had to deal with it too. They had to establish rule of law based on your ethnicity, with Germanic people held accountable to tribal law, and Roman people held accountable to civil law. Nowhere does this not end like that, with people finally dividing up what remains of the failed empire and starting over.
But today, ethnic Germans and Italians both get to participate in America right?

So they can get along, they just didn't in the way way back.

Fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_mistake

Ethnic Germans and Italians were still European peoples with a common race, history, and even civilization.

You cannot compare that to non-western, non-European peoples migrating here who share literally nothing in common other than species.

They have as little in common with us as we did with the natives..

We have spent the better part of three centuries now living side-by-side with African peoples, and that shit certainly isn't getting any better. If here we are more than a century after we killed half a million of our own people to free them from the evil of bondage, and two generation from enforced integration and civil rights legislation, and race relations between us are getting even WORSE, then how do you think this is supposed to work out for all these other people we are bringing in here?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:51 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_mistake

Ethnic Germans and Italians were still European peoples with a common race, history, and even civilization.

You cannot compare that to non-western, non-European peoples migrating here who share literally nothing in common other than species.

They have as little in common with us as we did with the natives..
Fallacy my balls. You were the one that used them as an example of why ethnically or culturally diverse people couldn't be part of the same civilization.

You can walk back that little bit of inanity any time.
HAIL!

-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:51 am

C-Mag wrote:

Yeah, why not.
You know who would be excited to talk about the evils of cronyism? Critical race theory majors.

That's another thing we can have in common with people we think are totally unreachable.
Crony Capitalism is bad for almost everyone. Would I stand side by side with a Critical Race Theory guy to speak against Crony Capitalism, Yes. Even though I don't subscribe to their Bullshit.
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:53 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Nah. None of that is new. People have been complaining about how uneducated and ignorant the plebs were since day one, and we lasted way past day two.

I mean shit. We all talk here, and for all the disagreement, sometimes nasty language, and zero moderation, we can come back the next day and be civil, even jocular. And we got some filthy foreigners too. What values do we all share that makes that possible? Our disagreements aren't less vigorous than the disagreements in America at large. And it may hurt our egos, but I doubt we represent a uniquely educated, intellectually special, group of serene interlocutors.
Just imagine how things would work if we had rulers around here. We wouldn't be having this conversation (this thread) for sure if that were the case. One faction would have co-opted the ruler, and all of the others would have already been long ago deep-sixed.

This board is a space not without rules, but without rulers. And for that I thank you, Martin.

Just imagine our animating contest of freedom writ large somewhere IRL. It would be pretty damn fun, and scary also, I suppose. But free.