HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

heydaralon

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by heydaralon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:02 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote: Its a cool story. And the Aztecs don't have shit on the Incas. Incas had a longer lasting larger Empire. And, no it doesn't mean HH is copying HOF b/c they both did something on the New World conquests. There are tons of interesting tidbits from the 1500s in that part of the world and Dan loves the "martian" approach to history. And that is about as close as you get to that analogy. There are more sources on this story than there are on Cyrus the Great. And didn't you just bitch about him not being a historian anyways so why would book material matter?

No way. Cortes was playing in the NFL with Montezuma. Pizarro and Atahualpa were pop warner. A couple of second raters. The Incas just tied a bunch of rope knots and played around with beads and feathers all day. Not too dissimilar from my summer camp experience when I was in third grade really. If you think that has the makings of a good podcast, you should make it into one. I believe with your history teaching background you have way more academic credentials than Dan does anyway. I doubt Dan knows the difference between the Incas and Aztecs.
Why are you hating on Dan's credentials? He has always refers to himself as an amateur historian. And there has been tons of good history from people that were not specifically trained in History at the PhD level.
Can I open up a doctor's office even though I'm not a doctor and then charge money by saying "I'm just a fan of medicine?" You are damn right I can't! Dan needs to be exposed for the fraud that he is. I guess you are cool with people taking money for slipshod work. The next time a pipe bursts in your house, I will offer you a rate to fix it, even though I'm just a fan of plumbing and not a licensed tradesman. If Dan truly cared about history, he would take the steps to ensure that he gets his certification. There's more at stake here than what you or I want episode wise. We are talking about the future of education here. It amazes me you can't see that!
Shikata ga nai

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 pm

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

No way. Cortes was playing in the NFL with Montezuma. Pizarro and Atahualpa were pop warner. A couple of second raters. The Incas just tied a bunch of rope knots and played around with beads and feathers all day. Not too dissimilar from my summer camp experience when I was in third grade really. If you think that has the makings of a good podcast, you should make it into one. I believe with your history teaching background you have way more academic credentials than Dan does anyway. I doubt Dan knows the difference between the Incas and Aztecs.
Why are you hating on Dan's credentials? He has always refers to himself as an amateur historian. And there has been tons of good history from people that were not specifically trained in History at the PhD level.
Can I open up a doctor's office even though I'm not a doctor and then charge money by saying "I'm just a fan of medicine?" You are damn right I can't! Dan needs to be exposed for the fraud that he is. I guess you are cool with people taking money for slipshod work. The next time a pipe bursts in your house, I will offer you a rate to fix it, even though I'm just a fan of plumbing and not a licensed tradesman. If Dan truly cared about history, he would take the steps to ensure that he gets his certification. There's more at stake here than what you or I want episode wise. We are talking about the future of education here. It amazes me you can't see that!
So is Bollelli a hack because he only has 3 BAs?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:51 pm

He sounds like one of the Vannucchi brothers.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 pm

California wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote: Why are you hating on Dan's credentials? He has always refers to himself as an amateur historian. And there has been tons of good history from people that were not specifically trained in History at the PhD level.
I never said Boleli is a hack. In fact, I argued quite the opposite, pointing out that his formalized degrees put him in a better place to make history podcast than Dan. I am not telling anyone on this forum what to do or who to listen to. I'm simply putting the information out there for you to make the choice. Listening to Dan's podcasts will cause you ruin. I failed several classes because I used Hardcore History podcasts as a source for term papers. It was only after the professor explained to me that Dan Carlin's recordings are not acceptable in the bibliography that I did some digging. What I found shocked me. These were not cheap lessons to learn. Dan has already cost me thousands of dollars in classes I had to retake and potential jobs where I blew the interview because I tried quoting Prophets of Doom. A few years back, I was getting ready for a big interview at a custodial job I had applied for. I kept trying to download The American Peril but iTunes wouldn't sync up properly with my iphone and I was delayed trying to fix the problem. This delay made me miss my bus, which subsequently made me miss my interview and cost me the job. When I emailed Dan, I was diplomatic, and I told him that I was not asking for the world. Since his poorly designed product did not work properly, and caused me to lose a great job with benefits, he was on the hook for helping me financially. I only asked him for a few hundred dollars to help me pay down some credit card debt, but he never even responded to my email. I know for a fact he reads those emails too. I ended up getting my car repo'd six months later, but I can't fully blame Dan for that one.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Found it:

https://history-podcasts.com/two-cent-history

That was a great podcast.
That was outstanding!

He really got me researching the real revolution, not the Founding Fathers masturbations session we were all taught. I still give props to those guys, but they co-opted a movement that was much deeper.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:06 pm

heydaralon wrote:Dan's mom was a gangbang product

That's not cool man.
Pick on Dan all you want, he's put himself out there. Leave his family out of it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:57 am

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

You could fix it with no licence. People would just ask around about your reputation.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:04 am

C-Mag wrote:

That was outstanding!

He really got me researching the real revolution, not the Founding Fathers masturbations session we were all taught. I still give props to those guys, but they co-opted a movement that was much deeper.
I found his interview of fighter pilot Bob Powell very interesting.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:45 am

de officiis wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

That was outstanding!

I found his interview of fighter pilot Bob Powell very interesting.
It was good, but I think the guys real passion was the American Revolution.
PLATA O PLOMO

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:30 am

heydaralon wrote:
California wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
I never said Boleli is a hack. In fact, I argued quite the opposite, pointing out that his formalized degrees put him in a better place to make history podcast than Dan. I am not telling anyone on this forum what to do or who to listen to. I'm simply putting the information out there for you to make the choice. Listening to Dan's podcasts will cause you ruin. I failed several classes because I used Hardcore History podcasts as a source for term papers. It was only after the professor explained to me that Dan Carlin's recordings are not acceptable in the bibliography that I did some digging. What I found shocked me. These were not cheap lessons to learn. Dan has already cost me thousands of dollars in classes I had to retake and potential jobs where I blew the interview because I tried quoting Prophets of Doom. A few years back, I was getting ready for a big interview at a custodial job I had applied for. I kept trying to download The American Peril but iTunes wouldn't sync up properly with my iphone and I was delayed trying to fix the problem. This delay made me miss my bus, which subsequently made me miss my interview and cost me the job. When I emailed Dan, I was diplomatic, and I told him that I was not asking for the world. Since his poorly designed product did not work properly, and caused me to lose a great job with benefits, he was on the hook for helping me financially. I only asked him for a few hundred dollars to help me pay down some credit card debt, but he never even responded to my email. I know for a fact he reads those emails too. I ended up getting my car repo'd six months later, but I can't fully blame Dan for that one.
Bollelli and Dan have the same degree

And you can shove your fake stories up your ass
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session