THE ERA OF TRUMP

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 am

You literally used examples of micro demand curves to "rebut" a person's argument about macro demand. Macro and micro demand curves are two completely different things.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 am

Besides Trump and StA, who believes tariffs are a positive for us?
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:31 am

Yep. I guess we’ll see, again.
This might be the first time since recorded history tariffs produce a new outcome.

And I didn’t rebut a macro demand example with a micro. Said the same thing I’ve been saying, tariffs raise costs on domestic producers, higher costs lead to lower demand.

Sure, in the short run you can prop up steel workers by inflicting astronomical costs on domestic producers relying on steel. But once you sacrifice the related industries to the insatiable appetite of steel unions, you’re worse off than before.

/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:34 am

The fact that you think this is some easy problem with a simple talking-point solution indicates you know fuck all about economics. But no matter. There's no sense arguing with Fox News here. We will find out since tariffs are back! LOL

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 am

Again, another rendition of blah,blah, blah, FOXNews, neocon, blah, blah. Utterly devoid of actual content.

Jesus, you sound like Debbie Wasserman-Shultz or Nancy Pelosi.
Or wait ... who coined the “vast right wing conspiracy “ catchphrase again? Ah I remember. You sound like her.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:39 am

Uh huh.. It's all so simple. Just follow these simple political slogans we picked up in a Sowell book. All the answers are easy when you stick to the ideology.

Anywho.. we are going to find out if Sowell is right or wrong, no? What's the point of arguing this now? You will just keep repeating your talking points and I will keep trying to explain to you that economics is fucking complicated, and you will just prance around like a jackass. Might as well just wait and see at this point..

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:41 am

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/5-har ... y-clinton/

Meet the new boss, just like the old boss.

5 Hard-Hitting Facts Proving Donald Trump Has Become Just Like Hillary Clinton
1. Despite promising to end the war in Syria, Trump is now escalating it to push for the overthrow of Assad—just as Clinton would have done
When Trump said that he blamed the Obama administration for destabilizing the region in Syria and creating the perfect climate for a group like ISIS to grow and flourish, Americans were shocked. They believed that because Trump clearly saw that Obama’s downfall was his determination to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, then surely Trump would be different.

2. Trump once railed against Clinton for catering to Wall Street—then he did the same thing when he pardoned five megabanks for rampant fraud and corruption

3. Americans welcomed the idea that Trump would improve diplomatic relations with Russia—but instead, he is creating more conflict, just as Clinton would have done

4. Trump once said the Trans-Pacific Partnership would be used to “rape our country,” but he now shares the same hope for its potential as his former rival

5. Trump said he wanted to hold Saudi Arabia accountable for its role in 9/11, but he appears to be taking notes from the Clintons and he is now closer to the Saudis than ever
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:42 am

I agree that global economics is complicated. I disagree that fundamental, basic, economic principles are a form of neocon voodoo. I take what I know about the subject to the forum, so those more well versed in the field can discuss the topic at a more advanced level.

Obviously the second half of that plan never panned out.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:54 am

You don't understand the problem outside of the neocon slogans, though. It's a waste of time to discuss this with you because you pretend like it's all so simple and you have the obvious answers from your little red book, and everybody else who doesn't agree is somehow "ignorant".

There are no easy answers to this.

And we are about to find out if your little red book is full of shit anyway, so what's the point arguing?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:03 am

Again, you can slam me for having the gall to read a hefty, college-level economics book in my free time - but for a guy with a supposed minor in economics all you’ve offered us is lefty buzzwords and lamentations over how complex everything is.

/shrug