THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:41 am

Fife wrote:
@Smits, I kind of like this term used by the Guardian, "gesture bombing."

What a clusterfuck.
Double cucked, cucked coming and cucked going, by wag the dog and the bleeding heart peaceniks too.

But whatever, if the filthy ignorant masses are not prepared to hang a few politicians from the lampposts, this is what they'll get.

Democracy Inaction.
Nec Aspera Terrent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:25 pm

He just can't keep getting away with it...

Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Honestly, there is another way to look at this in which both Trump and Russia come out ahead.

All these fake chemical weapons attacks are fucking over for all intents and purposes. If AQ's "white helmets" decide to fake another chemical attack, people are going to be like, how's that even possible when NATO just destroyed all of Assad's chemical weapons??

Next time the deep state wants to pretend like Assad did this to divert attention from something in domestic politics or justify fucking up the situation in Syria even more, Russia is going to be like, you said you were going to destroy all these stockpiles, and we stepped aside to let you do it, and now you are saying they are still doing it even though you destroyed all their alleged chemical weapons?

Personally, I think the deep state overplayed their hand on this one. I don't believe Assad was responsible for any of these alleged attacks, and some of them I am rather certain are staged, while at least one was obviously a conventional air strike on a terrorist munitions depot that contained chemical weapons that were then dispersed into the surrounding community. Now they have no good justification to do any of this shit again.

I mean.. maybe Trump just found an out from the deep state pressuring him to do this stupid shit again without possibly creating the grounds for hostilities with Russia or Iran.

Additionally, Trump can respond to future pleas that he send troops back into Syria or fuck with Assad again with the assurance that we already destroyed the Syrian chemical weapons stockpiles and the new "attacks" look to be fake.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:47 pm

BjornP wrote:He just can't keep getting away with it...
If he flips to the Bolton Doctrine then he's golden, the best way to get the Washington National Security Consensus back onside is to simply give them what they want, can't beat them, join them.
Nec Aspera Terrent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Oh, he's tweeting "Mission Accomplished" now.. :lol: I think I need a 4D Trumpolitical analysis over here, stat.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:51 pm

BjornP wrote:Oh, he's tweeting "Mission Accomplished" now.. :lol: I think I need a 4D Trumpolitical analysis over here, stat.
I like it, I use Mission Accomplished all the time, it's hilarious, he's rubbing it in their faces, like, yeah, I'll go there, why not?

In the end, Bush was right, he won reelection, can't get more Mission Accomplished than that for a President, that's all that really matters anymore, just don't be a Lame Duck.

It's not like American foreign policy actually has any foreign purpose, it's all about the domestic wars, foreign wars are merely proxies.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:02 pm

In the end, Trump was right, as Fife said "Gesture Bombing", virtue signalling by force of arms, plus foreign policy jingly keys distraction to disrupt the media cycle; Mission Accomplished.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:16 pm

It's kind of genius when you consider it. A meaningless assault on the Syrian munitions depots means Trump can satisfy the chicken hawks while getting the US the fuck out of this mess that Obama and Clinton created. Now he can rebuff any future bullshit allegations of chemical weapons attacks.

"That can't be true. We took out their chemical weapons stockpiles."

Russia just moves their assets and personnel away from the designated targets. Syrians get out of the way too. Cruise missiles strike. Mission Accomplished. Fuck off, deep state. You got your toy, now play in the backseat quietly.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Exactly, who cares? Strategically, Syria is irrelevant, but tactically, need to get the GOP Neocon establishment onside, or at least not actively working against you, so you can focus on beating the Democrats, can't do anything if you don't win.

So, you bring in Bolton, do some Bolton stuff, signal that you are want to bury the hatchet with the Neocons. They may not like Trump, but they don't want the Democrats to win.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:27 pm

:lol: someone on here will still be typing about 5th dimensional basket weaving when the missiles are in the air.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0