Social Justice Warriors Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:29 am

How am I supposed to pretend I have anything in common with some FOB jihadi in Dearborn who doesn't even speak English and probably wants to cut my head off if anything?

Then you have Latinos who I really like, but come on. I don't have anything in common with them other than, in some cases, religion. That's it.

Let's get real with the "we are all Americans" stuff. That's like saying we should get along because we occupy the same region. If that were true, the Palestinians and Jews would be BFF right about now.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:33 am

The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
No, but it would take away one of the things the Democrats put into place a long time ago. We used to be a melting pot, now we are a quilt... that's not the America I want to live in.

I think people have a point when they fight for the interests of their ethnic groups. What needs to happen is for whites to stop signaling this "I don't see race" individualism nonsense.
I didn't see race when I was growing up because that's how I was raised... I was raised to just a person by ability, and friendship, not color... so for me when I say a person's skin color doesn't matter to me, I do mean it. I just a person by actions or lack thereof, the fact they bring race into an argument pisses me off because it means they can't defend their points without it.
This is how I was raised as well, but the BLM folks and their supporters reject the sufficiency of that attitude because treating people as equals would not allow for the recognition of white privelege, allow for white reparations, or play into the victim narrative.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:44 am

de officiis wrote:This is how I was raised as well, but the BLM folks and their supporters reject the sufficiency of that attitude because treating people as equals would not allow for the recognition of white privelege, allow for white reparations, or play into the victim narrative.
That's the division.
Dr.Martin Luther King said, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
That was American.

SJW's judge everything through the lens of race, gender, religion, and other qualifiers of identity politics. They think America is the worst. They hate our corporations, they hate our police, they hate our military, they hate straight white males, they hate traditionally western religions, they hate nuclear families, they hate meritocracy, etc, etc, etc.
That's not American.

So the problem is we have a huge contingent of self-serving, ideological anti-Americans in America.
The problem is not that we don't all look and pray the same.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:46 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:How am I supposed to pretend I have anything in common with some FOB jihadi in Dearborn who doesn't even speak English and probably wants to cut my head off if anything?

Then you have Latinos who I really like, but come on. I don't have anything in common with them other than, in some cases, religion. That's it.

Let's get real with the "we are all Americans" stuff. That's like saying we should get along because we occupy the same region. If that were true, the Palestinians and Jews would be BFF right about now.

+1
Good Examples :D

I would submit to you that if we can have this discussion, the Dearborn Caliphate is going to be rejected, as will the LaRaza wing and others. But we need to actually discuss why we are allowing a sect of US citizens in the US mutilate their daughters.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:48 am

Why not take the words of minorities at face value? It's a little disrespectful to listen to them talk about how they are not happy with this situation, and then come in to tell them how they really are happy and we are "all Americans". Maybe it sucks being a minority. Had you thought of that?

This kind of society really does not seem to work. I don't think we can continue by constantly reassuring everybody they are really content and happy when clearly they are not.

I don't think we have any chance at all at making this work until we recognize that it never was an ideal way to arrange a society, and then recognize that people are different and some of them probably need space.

Also, quit already with the "America was a melting pot of Irish, English, Italians, etc., and it became a superpower" nonsense. Those were all the same race of people. When you use words like Mexican, you are talking about Mesoamericans, who are actually a lot of different kinds of people unified by a common language who share the same racial background (just like we used to be). You can't compare that to this multiethnic/multicultrual experiment that has clearly failed. Mesoamericans can work together in a common national framework. So can Europeans. But when you put those two groups together, they have totally different ways of doing things and looking at the world that are NOT mutually compatible in many cases. And the match between European and Mesoamerican peoples is really freaking high. We work really well together compared to, say, Arabs and European people on the European continent.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 am

Well, as a counterexample to StA, My immediate family is from Texas, New Mexico, and California. In fact, my family was part of the Austin Old 300 (first 300 white families to settle in Texas). This means I have cousins, uncles, and nephews that are hispanic-white or of Mexican descent. How can I not have anything in common with them? They love good food, family, beer, and hard work. My own genetic branch is German/Swiss/Irish, but you don't do a couple centuries as a family in the Southwest without having Navajo, Apache, and Mexican somewhere in the bloodline.

So - I personally *know* that American is not an ethnic identity. I don't have to look any further than my own family tree to see how many indigenous and hispanic members of my own clan sacrificed for this country in WWI, WWII, and beyond. Some of them were Americans long before I was born, so I don't see how anyone could seriously suggest that they aren't Americans now.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:56 am

Another thing..

When they complain about too many white people.. instead of getting pissed, maybe take that at face value too. That would fucking suck. Ask Nukedog how that feels every day, to be the minority everywhere you go.

The further this proceeds, the closer we are going to get to prison rules. We will become much more tribal, which is exactly how Romans had to deal with it too. They had to establish rule of law based on your ethnicity, with Germanic people held accountable to tribal law, and Roman people held accountable to civil law. Nowhere does this not end like that, with people finally dividing up what remains of the failed empire and starting over.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:59 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Another thing..

When they complain about too many white people.. instead of getting pissed, maybe take that at face value too. That would fucking suck. Ask Nukedog how that feels every day, to be the minority everywhere you go.

The further this proceeds, the closer we are going to get to prison rules. We will become much more tribal, which is exactly how Romans had to deal with it too. They had to establish rule of law based on your ethnicity, with Germanic people held accountable to tribal law, and Roman people held accountable to civil law. Nowhere does this not end like that, with people finally dividing up what remains of the failed empire and starting over.
But today, ethnic Germans and Italians both get to participate in America right?

So they can get along, they just didn't in the way way back.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:03 am

Some might point out that Switzerland has pulled off the seemingly impossible for about 800 years now, but the goal-post moving can already be anticipated:
"But they're white!"
"But they didn't speak the same language, have the same history, or share common ancestors"
"But they're Christian Europeans!"
"Mexicans are Christian North Americans"
"But they're brown!"
Etc, etc . . .

Just a bunch of tap dancing and race-parsing.
The fact remains diverse peoples have effectively worked together pretty much forever.
They've also had bloody conlicts.
So every time I point out how it's not impossible for a diverse nation of people to be great, StA will point out an example where things collapsed into bloody anarchy.

The point is, things aren't predestined to collapse into bloody anarchy, rather they're directed toward that end by people who believe they're going to be better off after the implosion.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:17 am

My point on all this is, What do we believe in as Americans. What commonalities do we have that we can unite around.

IMO, those commonalities have been under direct assault for a long time, and we've lost our common ground. We need to re-establish some common ground to move forward. Simply picking our tribe will lead to feudalization. That's not the future I want for out country.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience