THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:42 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

So we should build US warship with cheap and weak CN Steele? You do know they over saturate their steel with too much C to increase profits....but the resulting product is more brittle....
The assertion that the Americans steel industry is going to go under due to 2% of the steel in America coming from China is just hysterical blather, there's no danger of the US steel industry collapsing, the steel industry is just lobbying to try to get windfall profits here at the expense of the much larger steel consuming manufacturing industry in the end.
You seem to think I only want to tarrif steel....I want everything tarriffed from that slave camp...stel is just a start...
Not realistically going to happen, a trade war with China would just cause a recession and the net result is that the GOP would get fired and the Democrats would take over, which, they're protectionist too, but they're not so dumb as to want a trade war.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:43 am

Big shock that the economic illiterates are still pushing for isolation, completely unaware that their current lifestyle is a product of international trade.
:lol:

“We don’t have enough oil derp derp”
But we do have enough oil. We don’t have enough easily reachable oil to justify the cost of extracting it when Saudis are pumping it cheaply - which is different than not having it.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 am

DBTrek wrote:Big shock that the economic illiterates are still pushing for isolation, completely unaware that their current lifestyle is a product of international trade.
:lol:

“We don’t have enough oil derp derp”
But we do have enough oil. We don’t have enough easily reachable oil to justify the cost of extracting it when Saudis are pumping it cheaply - which is different than not having it.

No - I get it .... I'm just willing to give up CCS if it means improving the economic opportunities of my countrymen....or what's left of them....

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 am

The mindset of wanting a trade war and thinking that it would be good for America probably comes from the fact that in other wars America doesn't get bombed, other countries get bombed, but it doesn't come to America for the most part, so Americans have a cost free concept of warfare, but a trade war is a war where America will get bombed too, so it's not going to be a net benefit.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 am

Zlaxer wrote: No - I get it .... I'm just willing to give up CCS if it means improving the economic opportunities of my countrymen....or what's left of them....
Yet we have a long history of tariffs actually damaging economies across history and nations, so of course, you’d give up CCS and also destroy the economic opportunities of your countrymen in the process. We know this.

You know ... it’s amazing people think all a nation has to do is throw up tariffs and trade barriers, and suddenly they’re prospering and their quality of life improves.

Begs the question - why don’t all nations simply throw up trade barriers and tariffs so they can get on with prospering?

Or why don’t we have a single example of a prosperous country widely using trade barriers and tariffs?

Or conversely, why have all protectionist nations suddenly prospered when they abandoned the practice and engaged in global trade?

But these questions require no reflection from the protectionist crowd. They, like countless starving peasants before them, “know in their gut” that it’s going to be different this time.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 am

The guy who's only exposure to economics is a Sowell book is lecturing us on who is economically illiterate. It's quite amusing.

I would suggest that you consider that it is only you and Smitty who lack an actual education of any kind in economics.. Maybe ponder that in between chapters of Thomas Sowell..

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:58 am

NO MOAR CCS!!

Damn you, round-eye! Your $8,000 iPhones have foiled our plans for world domination!!

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:00 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Zlaxer wrote: No - I get it .... I'm just willing to give up CCS if it means improving the economic opportunities of my countrymen....or what's left of them....
Yet we have a long history of tariffs actually damaging economies across history and nations, so of course, you’d give up CCS and also destroy the economic opportunities of your countrymen in the process. We know this.

You know ... it’s amazing people think all a nation has to do is throw up tariffs and trade barriers, and suddenly they’re prospering and their quality of life improves.

Begs the question - why don’t all nations simply throw up trade barriers and tariffs so they can get on with prospering?

Or why don’t we have a single example of a prosperous country widely using trade barriers and tariffs?

Or conversely, why have all protectionist nations suddenly prospered when they abandoned the practice and engaged in global trade?

But these questions require no reflection from the protectionist crowd. They, like countless starving peasants before them, “know in their gut” that it’s going to be different this time.
/shrug
We do however have an example of a country which adopted the Zlaxer method exactly as he wants it, and that country was the Soviet Union.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:We do however have an example of a country which adopted the Zlaxer method exactly as he wants it, and that country was the Soviet Union.

They also had a full blown communist government with no internal capitalistic economy....nice try though :clap:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:We do however have an example of a country which adopted the Zlaxer method exactly as he wants it, and that country was the Soviet Union.

They also had a full blown communist government with no internal capitalistic economy....nice try though :clap:
You would require a dictatorship in order to effect the model that you want, because a closed off command economy and a democratic free republic are mutually exclusive, closed off command economy is communism by its very nature, they didn't become communists and then close their command economy off, communism is the act of closing yourself off into a command economy, so it is one in the same.

Basically Zlaxer, you're a communist, but perhaps you simply don't realize it.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent