THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Not to mention the whole point of the TPP was to box the Chinese out and leverage them to America's advantage, which is supposedly what Trump wants to do.

A huge American led trading block with terms written entirely to America's advantage which excludes the Chinese, it's a no brainer.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:29 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote::roll:

The vast majority of global faggots around the world, including Canadians, are living high on the hog by cleaning out the American worker.
Except one of the biggest American complaints about Canada for decades has been Canadian supply management, which only the left in Canada supports, the right in Canada is with America on this, we hate Canadian supply management too, the TPP forces the left in Canada to concede on supply management, entirely to the advantage of the free market, which is to America's advantage and mine as well, the TPP is kicking the door in for American producers to gain fair access to the Canadian supply managed market while clubbing our corrupt entrenched interests into submission at the same time. Win-win.

Supply management is Canada's principle shield against American competitors, the TPP is the deal which is breaking the logjam of the Canadian protectionist scam.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Bear in mind, America doesn't have supply management, so vis a vis Canada, America is giving nothing up while Canada is conceding.

Wouldn't happen bilaterally, but because other TPP partners are siding with America against Canada, Canada is forced to have to play ball.

Which is fine by me, because supply management is a huge scam which steals from the majority/poor to give to a tiny minority/rich, under the bullshit rubric of protecting us from American competitors with the same product at a market price.

They make up all sorts of lies about American product, constant fear mongering to protect their entrenched interests, at America's expense and the vast majority of Canadian's expense as well.

Our protectionism is not only unfair to you, but it screws us as well, why you would want to copy our corrupt and incompetent leftist balderdash regime is beyond me.

Why you wanna be Giant Canada, yo? You're bigger and richer than us for a reason, and it's because you're the free marketeers and we're the backwards lefties. Why would you adopt the Canadian way? It's retarded, we wanna be you, but now you wanna be us? It makes no sense.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:02 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Not to mention the whole point of the TPP was to box the Chinese out and leverage them to America's advantage, which is supposedly what Trump wants to do.

A huge American led trading block with terms written entirely to America's advantage which excludes the Chinese, it's a no brainer.

"Boxing out" the PRC will only benefit the American 0.1%.....Best to not play at all with that part of the world.....America is big enough to be a self sustaining economy....there's no reason to join this unless the objective is to exploit third world serfs to the enrichment of the American elite....

You don't get it Smitty - I would wager that what's left of the American Middle class wants nothing to do with the rest of the world....they're tired of being ass raped...

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:56 am

Free trade worldwide, woot-woot. Sowell convinced me. Sign it, Cheetoh King!
:clap:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:25 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Not to mention the whole point of the TPP was to box the Chinese out and leverage them to America's advantage, which is supposedly what Trump wants to do.

"Boxing out" the PRC will only benefit the American 0.1%.....Best to not play at all with that part of the world.....America is big enough to be a self sustaining economy....there's no reason to join this unless the objective is to exploit third world serfs to the enrichment of the American elite....

You don't get it Smitty - I would wager that what's left of the American Middle class wants nothing to do with the rest of the world....they're tired of being ass raped...
I meant that Trump's objective is to leverage China, or so he said in the campaign and as he threatening to do right now with the tariffs, see, I think the reason he's considering coming back to the TPP is because he wants to have this trade war with China, which is a very bad idea, none the less, if that is what he wants to do, trade war with China, the TPP would be like the NATO of that trade war.

Non hackers who just sit around pissing and moaning and feeling sorry for themselves while calling for a closed off Soviet style economy? Yeah, er, that's not realistic, so, y'know, moving on.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:31 am

Open the TPP to drop tariffs on US goods to a third of the world’s economy and cut China out of the deal? Awesome. Pull that off and then leverage it against China with the empty threat of a trade war, negotiate more favorable terms for th USA.

Everyone is pissing and moaning about a few steel worker jobs but you know when they’re NOT pissing and moaning? When they’re lined up at the WalMart checkout with a basket full of cheap Chinese goods for the 10,000th time that year.

Yeah, boo-Hoo for the poor American manufacturing sector, now excuse me while I go buy a lamp, a toolset, and a digital camera at Walmart for under $65.

People love reaping the rewards of international trade, but spend all their off time bitching about the very deals that their own purchasing demands have created.
/shrug

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:38 am

DBTrek wrote:
People love reaping the rewards of international trade, but spend all their off time bitching about the very deals that their own purchasing demands have created.
/shrug
People don't generally understand the big picture, or how their own behavior plays a part, in my experience. IOW - Trade deals are not related to Walmart pricing models.

Also, the krill supply is not related to whale populations. - these types of concepts are lost on a large quantity of the population.
Account abandoned.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:43 am

The same people who enjoy the incredible value their dollar holds within the walls of WalMart - demonize Walmart.

Walmart wasn’t put there by God, clowns. Your dollars put them there. Your dollars keep them there. You want to punish Walmart? Go buy all your goods elsewhere and pay a 7-15% markup on them.

Oh - you don’t want to pay places more cash for the same goods you can get for less at Walmart? Congratulations, you are the backbone of the superstore you despise.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:00 am

The more closed off the economy the more tyranny, trade doesn't happen with the permission of the government, trade is happening, in order to have a closed off Soviet style economy to prevent that, you would have to have a tyrnnical Soviet style government to enforce said Iron Curtain.

But that's the case at the less extreme end of the spectrum too, tariffs benefit a tiny minority at the expense of the vast majority, so that is on the spectrum of tyrannical in of itself.
Nec Aspera Terrent