THE ERA OF TRUMP

DBTrek

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by DBTrek » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:39 am

Yeah, it’s hard to feel bad for any spouses past #2. If you’re getting set to be the third, fourth, or fifth spouse of someone the writing is already in the wall - they give zero fux about making a marriage work. They should probably just shack up with their current partners for 5-10 year commitments rather than do the whole marriage charade.

Of course, in my state shacking up for 10 years will get you automatically married by the state, whether you like it or not. So maybe it’s a moot point.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:13 am

Smitty-48 wrote:America is doomed, "cuz China!"; is pretty much the only thing the American SIFCLFs can agree on.

What else is new?
I find it hard to worry about China...

The west has a greater number of cooperating partners.

The US, the Commonwealth (5 eyes) and most of Europe are still largely intact as a working alliance.

China can be formidable... but pitted against all these nations working cooperatively I don't see how they can rise to sole superpower.

China may have leverage in southeast asia and Africa that is growing... but much of southeast asia would ally against China...

South Korea and Japan most notably.

Russia and China are very unlikely allies...

Cooperation matters for war but also for successful diplomacy and trade advantages.

Another threat for China is internal.... although that seems relatively low at this stage...
Last edited by DrYouth on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:45 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Nothing to do with ZeroHedge's opinion. I just wanted to point out that the PetroYuan contract has begun, and took off like a shot.

It's convertible to gold. Which means that this is effectively selling oil for gold, which compared to the near-fictional USD, is a pretty enticing bet for investors. This is the event that could lead to a sea-change in global finance, and a civilizational shift for America.
Fake News.

The futures on the Shanghai International Energy exchange are not convertible to gold, and not backed by gold.

All they say is "will except foreign exchange as trading margin", no mention of gold at all.
All I have is the internet, same as you. I'm no oil trader.

But there are a whole lot of sources calling it "backed by gold", even if they don't mention it on whatever you looked at.
It's fake news, and my source is the Shanghai International Energy exchange which is selling the contracts, that's what I looked at.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:22 pm

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:55 pm

Biden: 'I shouldn't have said' I would fight Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/politics ... index.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Change of heart I guess.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:05 pm

DBTrek wrote:Yeah, it’s hard to feel bad for any spouses past #2. If you’re getting set to be the third, fourth, or fifth spouse of someone the writing is already in the wall - they give zero fux about making a marriage work. They should probably just shack up with their current partners for 5-10 year commitments rather than do the whole marriage charade.

Of course, in my state shacking up for 10 years will get you automatically married by the state, whether you like it or not. So maybe it’s a moot point.
The only time I might disagree with that would be in the way off case of say losing a spouse to cancer and then losing the next to some freak accident (or vice versa), where it wasn't lack of dedication to the marriage it was just purely "shit happens".

I dated, err "escaped", a woman who's now on hubby #3... and her mom, when I dated her, was on #5 - and on the way to divorce #5. I'd almost be willing to bet she's found victim #6 by now (was over a decade ago).

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Fair point.
Widows/Widowers exempted - since they didn’t voluntarily end their marriage, life did.
:cry:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Any woman that has already destroyed one marriage is HIGHLY unlikely to be suitable for marriage. The culture, as fucked as it is, has basically ruined her. That's not to say there aren't women out there who divorced guys for legitimate reasons, but they are rare compared to the vast majority of these chicks who are burning through men like candy. Avoid these women. They all have victim stories too, but you know statistically most of those stories are total bullshit.

A man who initiated a divorce is likely not a great deal for women either.

The people who blow up marriages should be a hard pass all around. I don't think that applies to the people who got blindsided by it, though.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:59 am

Coming to a checkpoint near you.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... s-social-/
The State Department will publish new rules this week that would require most visitors and immigrants to the U.S. to turn over their recent social media histories, carrying out one of President Trump’s key security enhancements from his extreme vetting executive order.

Travelers would also be asked to list previous phone numbers, email addresses and international travel during the previous five years, and to detail any immigration problems they’ve had, whether with the U.S. or elsewhere. They’ll also be asked about potential family connections to terrorism.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Good politics.
Bad economics.

Again.