NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:00 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Fuck. My forehead is bleeding from a stupid sunburn. That's not normal is it? I wear a hard hat or baseball cap though. I feel like my receding hair line has caused a new skin condition.
Bleeding sunburn head? Sounds like a homeless person's disease, another step on the road to becoming a full on rubby in the gutter, eh wot?
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Fug. Canada here I come Trudeau

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:13 pm

You'd never pass the medical to get into Canader, with bleeding sunburn head.

I mean, bleeding sunburn head? Yeesh, that's not good, last thing we need is another cancer patient.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:43 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Sources say; what Sakic wants for Duchene; top pairing RHD, on ELC or RFA, 25 and under. Asked Brandon Carlo from Boston; Boston said take a lap.

Get this, Islanders put Travis Hamonic on the table for Matt Duchene, Sakic didn't take the deal, because; over 25, not ELC nor RFA
Yeah I know we turned down Hamonic. Too old, not good enough. We'll take someone who is barely over 25, if they are really fucking good to compensate, but if they are only Hamonic good, not going to cut it.

I give Sakic credit for not getting lowballed on that one. Hamonic is the defensemen that helps a team looking to win now, and I'm not willing to pay the price Snow was charging for such a commodity, when we are so far from win now, and Calgary will regret pulling the trigger because he isn't going to put them over the top either.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:45 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Sources say; what Sakic wants for Duchene; top pairing RHD, on ELC or RFA, 25 and under. Asked Brandon Carlo from Boston; Boston said take a lap.

Get this, Islanders put Travis Hamonic on the table for Matt Duchene, Sakic didn't take the deal, because; over 25, not ELC nor RFA
Yeah I know we turned down Hamonic. Too old, not good enough, I give Sakic credit for not getting lowballed on that one. Hamonic is the defensemen that helps a team looking to win now, and I'm not willing to pay the price Snow was charging, and Calgary will regret pulling the trigger instead.
I can't see anyone paying the price of a top paring RHD under 25 on a cap friendly contract, for just Matt Duchene. They can get a heck of lot more than Matt Duchene if they want to move that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Yeah I know we turned down Hamonic. Too old, not good enough, I give Sakic credit for not getting lowballed on that one. Hamonic is the defensemen that helps a team looking to win now, and I'm not willing to pay the price Snow was charging, and Calgary will regret pulling the trigger instead.
I can't see anyone paying the price of a top paring RHD under 25 on a cap friendly contract, for just Matt Duchene. They can get a heck of lot more than Matt Duchene if they want to move that.
That's the fake asking price. We'll take top 4 D, plus a prospect and/or picks. If the D-man we get is a LHD, we'll just keep Barrie, which they are leaning towards anyway. Sure we'd prefer a top pairing D, and a young one at that, on a cap friendly contract, with sugar on top, BUT, the Avs are obviously going to settle for less if no one bites. The Avs actually have a bigger hole at LHD, we inquired hard about Hanafin for a reason.

The asking price specifically being a top pairing RHD, that sounds off. Don't think Sakic would hold out for that specifically, when we have more depth at RHD, of any position other than C. Just because we asked for Brandon Carlo, doesn't mean we are out for RHD only, not sure why you'd think that. We just want to try and weasel the top defensive prospects regardless of which they shoot, we'd prefer LHD, but if none are on the table and a better RHD is on the table, we'll take that too.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:04 pm

Apparently Nashville offered Sakic Dante Fabbro for Matt Duchene, and Sakic turned that down too.

David Poile apparently said "I gave Sakic what he asked for, but then he came back said no."
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:06 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Apparently Nashville offered Sakic Dante Fabbro for Matt Duchene, and Sakic turned that down too.

David Poile apparently said "I gave Sakic what he asked for, but then he came back said no."
I heard Poile turned Sakic down actually. Poile said none of the top 4 D, Sakic retorted with Fabbro and some other stuff, gave them what they wanted, and Poile said take a hike, he's off the table too, sorry forgot to mention him. Basically Poile said he's done trading defensemen for forwards, too worried about depleting the defensive core after losing Weber and Jones. To me it looks like he can still afford to move one of them, if the return is Duchene, but I heard that he's the one not budging on that. They seem to think overpaying Bonino isn't that much of a drop off from Duchene, to warrant moving Fabbro.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:10 pm

That's not what I'm hearing, what I'm hearing is, Carolina and Boston both said Sakic's asking price was too high, Columbus and Nashville met Sakic's asking price but then Sakic refused to take it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:13 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:That's not what I'm hearing, what I'm hearing is, Carolina and Boston both said Sakic's asking price was too high, Columbus and Nashville met Sakic's asking price but then Sakic refused to take it.
Nashville thinks the price is too high too and never met our price. Pretty sure Fabbro is off the table, no dice. Looked like the ball was there to be kicked, but Lucy was holding the football.

Columbus might have met their price, but the rumors I've heard on that front don't sound realistic either. I don't think you can trust any of these rumors tbh, sounds like the Jackets are the front runner for now, but that seems to change every few days because these rumors are based on the shakiest of foundations, they only thing we really know for sure, the Avs would like to move Duchene. Boston was never even close to wanting Duchene, we just inquired as a shot in the dark and the rumor mill did the rest, they never came to the Avs as an interested party, that's for sure.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*