THE ERA OF TRUMP

GloryofGreece

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 am

Im guessing Newt Gingrich. He's been downplaying privacy and 4th/5th Amendments for years.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:"... we can no longer allow Assange and his colleagues the latitude to use free speech values against us. To give them the space to crush us with misappropriated secrets is a perversion of what our great Constitution stands for. It ends now.... Assange and his ilk make common cause with dictators today. Yes, they try unsuccessfully to cloak themselves and their actions in the language of liberty and privacy; in reality, however, they champion nothing but their own celebrity. Their currency is clickbait; their moral compass, nonexistent. Their mission: personal self-aggrandizement through the destruction of Western values."

So "western values" means a pervasive surveillance state in which all the fundamental human rights are rendered parchment contracts, people kidnapped off to secret torture sites, all our personal information collected by the government and used against us in illegal "parallel construction" cases, and "freedom of speech" cannot be weaponized against the very people who wish to violate the Constitution and laws.
Who is your quote from? That’s some Level 10 Orwellian double-speak right there.

The new CIA director.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:"... we can no longer allow Assange and his colleagues the latitude to use free speech values against us. To give them the space to crush us with misappropriated secrets is a perversion of what our great Constitution stands for. It ends now.... Assange and his ilk make common cause with dictators today. Yes, they try unsuccessfully to cloak themselves and their actions in the language of liberty and privacy; in reality, however, they champion nothing but their own celebrity. Their currency is clickbait; their moral compass, nonexistent. Their mission: personal self-aggrandizement through the destruction of Western values."

So "western values" means a pervasive surveillance state in which all the fundamental human rights are rendered parchment contracts, people kidnapped off to secret torture sites, all our personal information collected by the government and used against us in illegal "parallel construction" cases, and "freedom of speech" cannot be weaponized against the very people who wish to violate the Constitution and laws.
Who is your quote from? That’s some Level 10 Orwellian double-speak right there.

The new CIA director.
Wish I could get outta this fucking country. Shit is getting weird.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:11 am

I mean.. old CIA director, now Secretary of State.

It's actually really bad for reasons that may not be obvious to many. State and CIA have to work together, use the same embassies, etc., but they are somewhat hostile to one another. A swamp creature CIA Director taking over State is kind of weird, and indicative of some kind of shake up behind the scenes.

I am not sure about the new director, but she is probably also part of the same deep state faction.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:11 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I mean.. old CIA director, now Secretary of State.

It's actually really bad for reasons that may not be obvious to many. State and CIA have to work together, use the same embassies, etc., but they are somewhat hostile to one another. A swamp creature CIA Director taking over State is kind of weird, and indicative of some kind of shake up behind the scenes
It's indicative that Trump really isn't in control (as most of us already knew). The IC is taking the final steps into power.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:13 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I mean.. old CIA director, now Secretary of State.

It's actually really bad for reasons that may not be obvious to many. State and CIA have to work together, use the same embassies, etc., but they are somewhat hostile to one another. A swamp creature CIA Director taking over State is kind of weird, and indicative of some kind of shake up behind the scenes
It's indicative that Trump really isn't in control (as most of us already knew). The IC is taking the final steps into power.

That's what I think is likely. It would appear that he sold out to them in exchange for a re-election.

Notice their bogus Russia investigation is ramping down at the same time.

He probably convinces himself it's a ceasefire of sorts, but they own him now.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 am

When it comes to Assange and Wikileaks, specifically, he isn't wrong. Assange is a national security threat to the US in the same way a terrorist is. Greater, even, since he orchestrates the leaking of names of US agents and informants in the countries the US has a military presence. The only downside to killing him, is that it'd upset Australia a bit. Oh, and if had been under Bush, liberals would have had the sad because he made the US look bad. Now, it'd be the American right, instead.

I'd be more worried about the "...and his ilk" bit in the quote. Snowden, while he ought to be imprisoned, did not endanger his own country or his country's allies in the same way Assange did. There can, after all, be a good place and a valid reason for whistleblowing.

As for getting a torture queen as new CIA director, though, hey... I'm sure she'll only torture the bad guys. :twisted:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:18 am

One way of looking at it: had Hillary Clinton won, I would have expected one of the collaboraters in the CIA to take over State. The coup would have been complete.

So Trump doing it.. something is up.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:18 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Wish I could get outta this fucking country. Shit is getting weird.
If only humanity could create a mode of transportation that could cross oceans, or northern and southern land borders.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 am

And furthermore, the NSA must be destroyed.