Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 19, 2021 9:05 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:42 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:28 am
DBTrek wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:24 am

Yeah .... with mass renditions to forced labor camps.
Technology and "Free" Trade has supplanted labor camps; "Re-education" camps might be on the horizon but that's not what I was talking about, I meant the propaganda, indoctrination & brainwashing; most people, almost everyone, are incapable of rejecting the established narrative.
You don't see a constant and continuous ideological struggle over narrative?
:think:
Unless you call the handfull of us here actually a significant part of that struggle, what I see is the Fascists vs. Communists, and the Fascists are losing big time.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 19, 2021 9:49 am

I just see a larger breakdown of society, and a fierce but fruitless competition to impose a standard narrative. Yet nobody has a narrative that's going to unify the nation. The traditional narrative of hard work, personal liberty, and pursuit of happiness will never be embraced by misfits who obtain wealth and power through framing themselves as perpetual victims. Likewise, productive Americans are never going to accpet that they owe others a subsidized lifestyle or free ride because they were born the color of the "oppressor", or because they have a penis, or because the wealth they earned is "too much" and "shits not fair".

Seems to me we're seeing more of a Balkanization effect than a mass sheep'ing of Americans who blindly follow a single story. Even here, there are differences in the understanding of liberty that make our common values less than 100% compatible. Y'all think I'm a sheep for getting the vaccine. I think most of y'alls understanding of economics is fucking atrocious - betweeen "print money because it doesn't matter" and "why can't the goverment dictate that lumber be affordable". I mean ... fuck ... we can't even get the small group here on the same page, much less an entire nation.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 19, 2021 9:59 am

Our Unifying Principles:

- Jet fuel doesn’t melt steel beams.
- Epstein was murdered.
- Seth Rich was murdered.
- Hillary has people killed.
- Covid came from a Chinese lab in wuhan.
- the government is nearly useless.
- Self-reliance is important.
- the election was rigged.
- ClubGOP is a functional retard.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 19, 2021 10:00 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:49 am
I just see a larger breakdown of society, and a fierce but fruitless competition to impose a standard narrative. Yet nobody has a narrative that's going to unify the nation. The traditional narrative of hard work, personal liberty, and pursuit of happiness will never be embraced by misfits who obtain wealth and power through framing themselves as perpetual victims. Likewise, productive Americans are never going to accpet that they owe others a subsidized lifestyle or free ride because they were born the color of the "oppressor", or because they have a penis, or because the wealth they earned is "too much" and "shits not fair".
Very well done.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 19, 2021 11:25 am

Well said DB.

The 2020 election threw Balkanization into overdrive in state legislatures. R or D, they pushed opposite laws. One Voter ID laws, reduced regulations on guns, and restricted woke behavior and vice versa.

I don't really have a problem with it, maybe I should. But does it matter to me if I never see Pike Place Market again, or the associated homeless camp. Nah, not missing anything.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed May 19, 2021 12:11 pm

Well said DB.

It's funny too, cus, what does minority even mean? Go to any medium sized town or city, its not like they're all just white people. There's "minorities" everywhere. Why do they feel so outnumbered? Why do they want their own spaces? They act like white people go about living in a predominantly white world. What planet are they living on? Take the most populous state in the country, California. Hispanic people outnumber white people, outside of San Francisco (which is over a third Asian), all the cities have more hispanic people, the college I went to has more hispanic people. Chicago is basically a third white and a third black. NY is a quarter black. Miami is 70% latino. Atlanta is majority black. It's all bananas.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 19, 2021 12:20 pm

I firmly believe the push of CRT on America is affecting the economy. It's a huge part of people not seeking jobs, the extra unemployment is just a bonus. Tell people they are evil, why the fuck would they contribute to that society. Just take what you can.
PLATA O PLOMO

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed May 19, 2021 12:35 pm

The "America" most people think of when they conjure up some sort of Americana is what pretty much only existed from roughly 1920-1965ish.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 19, 2021 12:58 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:35 pm
The "America" most people think of when they conjure up some sort of Americana is what pretty much only existed from roughly 1920-1965ish.
Agreed.

Another shortage right now, that is going to get worse is recruitment and retention in the military. The military has a shortage right now, and the Woke policies are going to make it worse. The current military is derived largely from Red States. Further, a study found, 80 percent of recruits come from areas that have a rural concentration of less than 0.5, meaning that they come from areas where more than half of the population is urbanized.*

I know veterans who are telling their kids not to join the military. What percentage of rural and red state folks stop going into the military before it's completely broken ?

Chad and Bubba don't want to serve in the Army of Emma.

https://www.heritage.org/defense/report ... -after-911
PLATA O PLOMO

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed May 19, 2021 1:39 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:58 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:35 pm
Agreed.

Another shortage right now, that is going to get worse is recruitment and retention in the military. The military has a shortage right now, and the Woke policies are going to make it worse. The current military is derived largely from Red States. Further, a study found, 80 percent of recruits come from areas that have a rural concentration of less than 0.5, meaning that they come from areas where more than half of the population is urbanized.*

I know veterans who are telling their kids not to join the military. What percentage of rural and red state folks stop going into the military before it's completely broken ?

Chad and Bubba don't want to serve in the Army of Emma.

https://www.heritage.org/defense/report ... -after-911

I wonder if the next time some ultra blue city is terror attacked if rural America will feel the same way they did after 9/11.