Another School Shooting

Fife

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:21 pm

The alcohol analogy is apt.

Also, I wonder how many of the people arguing that some law declaring weapon "x" to be strictly illegal will have any effect (other than a negative effect) on violence are currently getting stoned to the bejeebus on illegal weed?

Laws for thee, not for me

:beardymcredeyes: :obscene-smokingpimp:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Ten thousand human beings just in America every damned year, Fife!

When are we going to end this carnage. You don't need alcohol to enjoy your meal or wind down at the end of the day.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:26 pm

The end of the day??

As I always say, "It's noon somewhere."

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 pm

We literally let this alcohol industrial complex control our culture and block us from doing the right thing. Everybody who has a glass of beer at Applebees is fucking complicit in this!

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Fife wrote:Image
5 Months ago?

TRY 1 MONTH AGO!

“A person close to” Cruz called the agency’s tipline on Jan. 5 and reported the 19-year-old had a “desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts” and there was “potential of him conducting a school shooting,” the FBI said in a statement.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/fbi-faile ... ast-month/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:41 pm

If anyone was asking for a ban on all guns you might have a point but seeing as people are just suggesting tighter controls your analogy sucks.
Alcohol sales are more restrictive than gun sales. This 19 year old can't buy a beer yet he can buy a semi automatic rifle and go on the internet boasting about how he's going to shoot up a school and nothing is done. Presumably the police don't even know if he has any guns because registering guns is a violation of your "rights".
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Montegriffo wrote:If anyone was asking for a ban on all guns you might have a point but seeing as people are just suggesting tighter controls your analogy sucks.
Alcohol sales are more restrictive than gun sales. This 19 year old can't buy a beer yet he can buy a semi automatic rifle and go on the internet boasting about how he's going to shoot up a school and nothing is done. Presumably the police don't even know if he has any guns because registering guns is a violation of your "rights".
Alcohol registration, the government needs to know just what kind and how much booze you have. Think of the children.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Alcohol insurance as well. Put these people on special lists.

How many more innocent, beautiful people need to die so these people can enjoy their murder-sauce at dinner???

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Alcohol insurance as well. Put these people on special lists.

How many more innocent, beautiful people need to die so these people can enjoy their murder-sauce at dinner???
That car the drunk used to kill children with has to be registered and insured. Your analogy still sucks.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Alcohol insurance as well. Put these people on special lists.

That car the drunk used to kill children with has to be registered and insured. Your analogy still sucks.

Bullshit it sucks. It's not the car that did it. It's the alcohol.

If you really step back and look at it objectively, alcohol really is destructive and deadly. It kills FAR more people every year than guns, and yet you want to ban all our guns for less fatalities simply because you don't personally own them or want to own them. Well.. I don't personally drink or want to drink alcohol. It's no skin off my back to ban that shit either.