THE ERA OF TRUMP

BjornP

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by BjornP » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:57 am

Haumana wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: Potentially. This might also just be a pony show, for both of them. Kim gets legitimacy, and Trump gets another Iranian nuclear deal.
Why would he want a deal that he already publicly rejected?
20D chess.

Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:19 am

Haumana wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: Potentially. This might also just be a pony show, for both of them. Kim gets legitimacy, and Trump gets another Iranian nuclear deal.
Why would he want a deal that he already publicly rejected?

I mean that he gets some vague promise, or nice rhetoric, but nothing useful. He’s in campaign mode, because that’s all he knows how to do.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:54 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: I mean that he gets some vague promise, or nice rhetoric, but nothing useful. He’s in campaign mode, because that’s all he knows how to do.
Are you referring to Trump? More and more you seem to be saying random shit. Obama was in constant campaign mode, Trump is not.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 am

So Trump announces he will meet with Kim. Because it's Trump the media immediately talk all kinds of shit about how bad this is, how Trump is likely getting played, derp, derp. derp.

Obama rolls over for Iran the media praises his ability to work with hostile countries.

I can't take any media seriously anymore.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:13 am

PartyOf5 wrote:So Trump announces he will meet with Kim. Because it's Trump the media immediately talk all kinds of shit about how bad this is, how Trump is likely getting played, derp, derp. derp.

Obama rolls over for Iran the media praises his ability to work with hostile countries.

I can't take any media seriously anymore.

Yep. Woke this morning to the MSM now attacking what they defended when Obama said he'd meet with the guy.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:35 am

Best thing about politicians...I keep getting older and they keep saying the same shit.

https://www.loc.gov/item/99391599/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:57 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: I mean that he gets some vague promise, or nice rhetoric, but nothing useful. He’s in campaign mode, because that’s all he knows how to do.
Are you referring to Trump? More and more you seem to be saying random shit. Obama was in constant campaign mode, Trump is not.
He literally announced his next campaign 2 years early. What’s random about that?

And yes, I think Kim will play him like a fiddle. Trump wants a Nixon-China moment, and he’s going to do the same dumb shit that Obama did with Iran.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:03 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: He literally announced his next campaign 2 years early. What’s random about that?
You said that's all he knows how to do. He's been in office over a year now....not campaigning. Announcing a campaign doesn't mean that's all he's going to do for the next 2 years.
GrumpyCatFace wrote: And yes, I think Kim will play him like a fiddle. Trump wants a Nixon-China moment, and he’s going to do the same dumb shit that Obama did with Iran.
Maybe. Even if it is the same dumb shit, you'll have our media standing behind Obama praise while scoffing at Trump for the same dumb shit.

If Obama TV comes to Netflix, I may have to cancel by subscription.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 524b0d59c3

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:05 am

Too bad they weren't as skeptical when Obama gave Iranians nuclear weapons.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:22 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: He literally announced his next campaign 2 years early. What’s random about that?
You said that's all he knows how to do. He's been in office over a year now....not campaigning. Announcing a campaign doesn't mean that's all he's going to do for the next 2 years.
It's about all that he's done for the past year. He still rambles and spouts ridiculous shit for applause, still holding 'rallies' all over the country at random, and firing staff, to give the illusion of accomplishing something.

You could certainly argue that Obama was similar, but not to this degree of weirdness.
GrumpyCatFace wrote: And yes, I think Kim will play him like a fiddle. Trump wants a Nixon-China moment, and he’s going to do the same dumb shit that Obama did with Iran.
Maybe. Even if it is the same dumb shit, you'll have our media standing behind Obama praise while scoffing at Trump for the same dumb shit.

If Obama TV comes to Netflix, I may have to cancel by subscription.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 524b0d59c3
Interesting idea, but yeah - probably just propaganda nonsense. I admit, I'd be pretty tempted to watch, just to get some idea of what the hell was really happening in the White House though.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace